Image Image Image Image

END OF SEASON RECAP / ANALYSIS / DRAFT

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

END OF SEASON RECAP / ANALYSIS / DRAFT 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Tue May 11, 2021 2:45 pm

I’ll go into all this more soon but as I said before the hawks would be locked into that 12th drafting position.... but here is the wrinkle ugh....

So technically they’ll draft 13th (90% odds that is true) as coyotes will draft 12th but it’s forfeited.... and with the new rules in place that means if the hawks win the lottery (2% chance) the highest they could move up is 3rd. So the way I read the odds it’s this for the hawks:

90% 12th
6% 13th
2% 3rd
2% Viv
Like 0.1% 14th lol NB

So basically 12th as I mentioned... in a year where there is so much uncertainty know this: Jesper Wallstedt will be drafted higher than you think.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: END OF SEASON RECAP / ANALYSIS / DRAFT 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Wed May 12, 2021 2:18 pm

News and notes:

Finish prospect Henrik Borgstrom just signed a 2 / 2m deal for the next 2 seasons and is now officially in the fold. He had a good not great year in the finish elite liga.

Prospect Reichel Eisbaren team just won the DEL cup as champs. That’s big time! He was a really good second line wing all year.

Barrat / Alytbarmakkan play well down the stretch in Rockford.... they were clearly next up if the season went on.

Overall some good news today.

Reading the tea leaves have to think Strome and/or Zadorov days are numbered here.... either exposed in expansion, let go via trade, or simply demoted in role to healthy scratch / bottom pair - line guys now.

Some guys on the team have now solidified themselves so Strome and Z may be expensive/ expendable and that’s just the fact of it.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Wed May 12, 2021 2:34 pm

Here are the 82 math projections btw/

Kane 97
Cat 47 goal
Kubalik 56 points
Suter 40pts
Kurashev 24pts
Kalynuk 35 points
Dach 46 pts
Boqvist 37 pts
Hagel 38 pts
Hardman and Entwistle = 32pts
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#4 » by GRADEN » Thu May 20, 2021 6:40 am

Ok wow total crazy ending with the flames winning 2/3 to end and tie hawks in points but breaker to hawks as flames have more reg wins

That wins hawks now move up a spot to 11th and thus have the last long shot at #1 under new rules

So that’s awesome

Also we sign Goalie Arvid Soderblum… actually pretty good in Liga and has nhl potential at maybe a backup level but still great signing

Biggest question marks into off season are 100% Strome and Zadorov. At this point I actually think Strome may be exposed to Seattle and Zadorov offered low and could just see what the market does for him. He at best gets a 3/12 and at worst a 1/3.5 so my thinking is he signs a 2/7.5 but I just don’t know if that’s the hawks

Kalynuk is a keeper
Mitchel still much to prove
Boqvist needs to stay healthy

Return to Chicago Blackhawks