Image Image Image Image

Nylander to RIH, Subbs/Deals Waived, Gus signed

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Nylander to RIH, Subbs/Deals Waived, Gus signed 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Well there are the moves… can’t blame Bowman for signing Erik Gustafson to solidify the 3rd pairing because for at least 10-20 games it was going to be two 7-9th Dmen in there. Kalynuk and Caleb would have been fine but they are out 4-6 weeks so having a Stillman - Mitchell - Galvas pair set was scary… now you can pair a very experienced guy in that 3rd with 1 of them… likely Stillman.

Subban leaving is a shame…. He is definitely a decent backup and also a really good teammate. I fully expect Buffalo to claim him. Delia on the other hand I suspect gets through and goes to Rockford or gets released and finds a new team.

Nylander was awful and / or not ready to come back from injury…. Either way he’ll have to DOMINATE at the AHL level or he’ll be out of the nhl for good. He needs to be at least a point per game over 10-12 games before even a sniff of a call up.

Barratt being sent down wasn’t a surprise, in his limited preseason time he was totally lost out there… missed a ton of gap assignments.

My biggest question is where does Hagel slot in after being out a game and Kurashev taking his second line spot and absolutely crushing it???

To me here it is:

DeBrincat - Johnson - Kane
Kubalik - Toews - Kurashev
Kurashev - Dach - Hagel
Khaira - Carpenter - Entwistle
B: Gaudette

Seth - De Haan
McCabe - Murphy
Gustafson - Stillman
B: Mitchell

Fleury - Lankinen

For spot 23 I anticipate they’ll be clever with Caleb / Kalynuk with injury status etc where 1 is technically up and 1 is down.

That’s the lineup I’d put out there though… it gives Dach 2 skilled wings and makes it a scoring line for him. I like Murphy and McCabe way better than Seth - Jake … they have played in the past too.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Nylander to RIH, Subbs/Deals Waived, Gus signed 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:25 pm

Personally I’d swap Dach and Johnson. I’d also be pretty surprised if Gaudette isn’t at least a bottom 6 regular to start the season. I haven’t had a chance to catch any of the pre-season games so far but from everything I have read, Gaudette has been looking like having a real breakout year. My guess would be that he takes Entwhistle if Khaira’s spot.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:25 pm

Yo!

Gaudette was great in pre! Fast, high skill, and tough on possession…. But he is a little banged up ….

And I forgot Borgstrom made it so it seems like Kurashev/ Entwistle will swap in with Gaudette/ Strome line combos

Entwistle was the player of the preseason though - he was insanely improved… beast out there seriously

Subban cleared waivers… so he’ll be in rockford
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#4 » by GRADEN » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:28 pm

Also disagree with Dach… I think that as a possession / handling center he is not as good with Kane and Cat as that’s their game and thusly a net front center and Johnson is that - so until Dach can prove he is either / both / good being with those guys I think they have it correct

Keep in mind having Kurashev / Strome on his sides is awesome as they are skilled guys that are traditionally centers… so 3rd line is a true scoring line
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#5 » by GRADEN » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:30 pm

That line will get 13.5-15 toi each I think

I think it will be a more balanced toi for the 3 lines more than years past at least

20-17-15-8 something like that

Return to Chicago Blackhawks