3. Senators - C Logan Cooley
4. Islanders - D David Jiricek
5. Kraken - LW Matthew Savoie
6. Sabres - RW Brad Lambert
7. Devils - C Connor Geekie
8. Blue Jackets (CHI) - D Seamus Casey
9. Flyers - D Simon Nemec
10. Blue Jackets - C Rutger McGroarty

I think when you look at a lot of the most talked about wings over the last year… a lot of them honestly have shown their cards already. Mirochechenko appears to be in the Aatu Raty camp as being a 1 trick player. I don’t know if that kicks him out of the 1st, but I no longer see him as a top half of the 1st guy. He projects as a 3rd line wing, and 2nd unit left dot shooter.

Now I will say this… his slap shot is elite there is no denying it. But much like a lot of guys these days, is that worthy of such an investment?

Brad Lambert is another guy that is in question… is he just a dangler? I tend to see him more favorably because that skill translates to center ice movement and zone entry. He is too talented imo to escape a top 10-12 pick.

In this climate will guys like Yurov, Slafkovsky etc be picked over for guys we know a little more and guys more willing to immediately transition? I think that’s a real possibility.

My top 10 is a projection. One thing you can’t argue is that the 2 top players are READY to play in the NHL …… um YESTERDAY.

On my D picks…. I love Seamus Casey…. Could be a smaller Shea Theodore in the making. Nemec, Jiricek, Casey should all go 5-15 if I were GM and then there is a drop off.

Jiricek is the safest D pick this year. Big, great skater, reliable… there is not a hole in his game right now imo.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Top 10 in 2022 Draft? 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:31 am

Thanks for giving your thoughts mate. I honestly don’t know a lot about this years prospects except for Wright, so it’s good to get your views. Where are the Hawks picking in this upcoming draft? Didn’t we trade our 1st rounder in the Seth Jones trade?

Return to Chicago Blackhawks