Image Image Image Image

Blackhawks @ Minnesota 10/4/07 Game Thread

Moderator: TNBT

Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Blackhawks @ Minnesota 10/4/07 Game Thread 

Post#1 » by Posey H8er » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:12 pm

Still some preseason games left, but season opener is getting me pretty excited.
vs

Rodanlee
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Rodanlee » Wed Oct 3, 2007 6:19 am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs ... b02_layout

Havlat, Ruutu, Toews go at full speed

By Chris Kuc | Tribune staff reporter
10:07 PM CDT, October 2, 2007

Some good news hit the ice for the Blackhawks on Tuesday as all 23 players on the opening-night roster practiced at full speed.

Martin Havlat, Tuomo Ruutu and Jonathan Toews, who had all been sidelined recently with injuries, participated in drills at the Edge in Bensenville as the team prepared for Thursday night's opener at Minnesota.

While coach Denis Savard said "it felt good" to see everyone practice, he said the three would likely be game-time decisions. Havlat has been slowed by a sore groin, Ruutu a sore knee and Toews a broken finger.

"During the whole practice I didn't feel any pain," Havlat said. "One more [Wednesday], and then I'm ready to go.."

Toews, 19, the team's top draft pick and third overall in 2006, broke the index finger of his right hand in an exhibition game Sept. 19 and is eager to make his NHL debut.

"I didn't want to be left out of the mix any longer than I was, so it was good to get back out there," Toews said. "It's not 100 percent yet, so I'm going to keep working on it."

It's Kane time
Savard said No. 1 overall draft pick Patrick Kane would make his NHL debut Thursday night. "He'll be in," Savard said. "It's his first game, and he should be in. I'll evaluate him day by day and see where he's at."

i'm so psyched.... im just pissed i cant watch any games in st. louis... think i'm going to a game over fall break though... go hawks baby!

:P
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#3 » by SportsWorld » Thu Oct 4, 2007 5:09 am

Is Havlat always hurt or something?
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#4 » by Posey H8er » Thu Oct 4, 2007 10:25 pm

No, should be good to go.
Rodanlee
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Rodanlee » Fri Oct 5, 2007 11:21 pm

dislocated his shoulder last night..... GREAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#6 » by SportsWorld » Sun Oct 7, 2007 11:12 pm

Havlat is always hurt.
He is the Ben Sheets of hockey.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#7 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Oct 8, 2007 5:42 am

SportsWorld wrote:Havlat is always hurt.
He is the Ben Sheets of hockey.

Or Mark Prior...

Yeah, I hate Ben Sheets, like...hardcore. I wanna stab him in the neck just to give him a legitimate injury to complain about. Ow! My hamstring feels a little tight!!! Sit me out a month and a half!!!

IT'S CALLED STRETCHING, NIMROD.

Ok, I'm done
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks