Sean Avery mess

Moderator: Texas Chuck

catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Sean Avery mess 

Post#1 » by catalyst » Thu Dec 4, 2008 2:57 pm

How do the stars rid themselves of this cancer. The local team sure can pick them, and the bad apples always seem to show thier worst after they get here. What now?
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Re: Sean Avery mess 

Post#2 » by cmavswin » Fri Dec 5, 2008 12:30 am

Stars have options for this some of them would involve luck ie... trade, waived and claimed, waived not claimed and a AHL team willing to accept him. The other is tell the knucklehead to go home wait out the year than buy out the last three years at I believe 75% of his salary (like what they did with Guerin) and only pay about $1.85 mil for the next 6. My hope is a trade or waived and claimed however I feel that the buy out is the option that will end up happening.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,175

Post#3 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:45 pm

cmavswin wrote:Stars have options for this some of them would involve luck ie... trade, waived and claimed, waived not claimed and a AHL team willing to accept him. The other is tell the knucklehead to go home wait out the year than buy out the last three years at I believe 75% of his salary (like what they did with Guerin) and only pay about $1.85 mil for the next 6. My hope is a trade or waived and claimed however I feel that the buy out is the option that will end up happening.

Sorry C but your not getting any NHL team to touch Avery. I mean the guy is a cancer, he will more then likely clear waviers and go to the AHL and maybe then he might get picked up by a team but count Toronto, Detroit, New Jersey and New York out of the running for him. Detroit likes guys who show leadership on and off the ice and are possitive role models. Brian Burke said in a interview that they have 0 interest in Avery and New Jersey wouldn't want him with the Brouder situation and New York was gald to rid themselves of a cancer.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#4 » by timd1218 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:16 am

xbl_sucks wrote:
cmavswin wrote:Stars have options for this some of them would involve luck ie... trade, waived and claimed, waived not claimed and a AHL team willing to accept him. The other is tell the knucklehead to go home wait out the year than buy out the last three years at I believe 75% of his salary (like what they did with Guerin) and only pay about $1.85 mil for the next 6. My hope is a trade or waived and claimed however I feel that the buy out is the option that will end up happening.

Sorry C but your not getting any NHL team to touch Avery. I mean the guy is a cancer, he will more then likely clear waviers and go to the AHL and maybe then he might get picked up by a team but count Toronto, Detroit, New Jersey and New York out of the running for him. Detroit likes guys who show leadership on and off the ice and are possitive role models. Brian Burke said in a interview that they have 0 interest in Avery and New Jersey wouldn't want him with the Brouder situation and New York was gald to rid themselves of a cancer.

Detroit already had Avery and let him go.

The sad thing with Avery is, he is a really good hockey player when he plays. If he wasn't messed up in the head, I would love the Pens to pick him up.

He needs a coach like Mike Keenan to kick his ass when he does his crap.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:24 pm

timd1218 wrote:
xbl_sucks wrote:

Detroit already had Avery and let him go.

The sad thing with Avery is, he is a really good hockey player when he plays. If he wasn't messed up in the head, I would love the Pens to pick him up.

He needs a coach like Mike Keenan to kick his ass when he does his crap.

Well I see him as the NHL's Stephon Marbury, he's one hell of a talent but can't keep his big mouth shut. The guy is a idiot, he could be a good 30 goal player who can hit but his mouth is just too damn big and his brain is too damn small. We did have Avery but we moved him with 2 other not so great peices for Mathieu Schneider who was wayyyyyyy better then Avery and then Mathieu Schneider lead us to Brian Raflaski so I would take either of those 2 guys over Avery in a nano second hell I would even take Maxim Kuznetsov or Jeff Tambellini over Avery (as of now).

I think Avery might go to Montreal or I could see a team wanting to go over the top interested in him sadly he isn't the guy to do so. Detroit has 0 interest in Avery and his cancer attitude
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Post#6 » by cmavswin » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:14 am

xbl_sucks wrote:

I know the Stars are toast when it comes to Avery that is why I said luck. I believe that to go to the AHL someone would have to want him and I doubt that happens. The Stars are going to end up buying out Avery at the end of the year and hopefully Brett does nothing like this again.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:58 pm

cmavswin wrote:
xbl_sucks wrote:

I know the Stars are toast when it comes to Avery that is why I said luck. I believe that to go to the AHL someone would have to want him and I doubt that happens. The Stars are going to end up buying out Avery at the end of the year and hopefully Brett does nothing like this again.

Well if you attatch that pick to Avery you will get some takers I am sure but I wouldn't do it. Avery is a jerk and a cancer but that pick could wind up being a great player like John Tavares or Victor Hedman
ranger001
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,752

Post#8 » by ranger001 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:24 pm

Return to Dallas Stars