Playoffs Are Looming

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

rasul
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Playoffs Are Looming 

Post#1 » by rasul » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:58 am

I really think the Red Wings were missing that grit and toughness from the earlier Stanley Cup Teams. Bertuzzi will help a lot, hopefully his grit will be enough to push us past the 1st round, baby!

Also... crossing fingers we don't get a Pacific Time Zone opponent in the 1st rd.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2 » by timd1218 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:08 am

I like Detroit in the West. I personally think this might be Hasek's last season and he will want to go out on top. Plus I like the addition of Calder and Bertuzzi, as long as he can stay healthy. They have the talent and experience to go to the big show.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Playoffs Are Looming 

Post#3 » by ajaX82 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:43 am

rasul wrote:I really think the Red Wings were missing that grit and toughness from the earlier Stanley Cup Teams. Bertuzzi will help a lot, hopefully his grit will be enough to push us past the 1st round, baby!

Also... crossing fingers we don't get a Pacific Time Zone opponent in the 1st rd.

No kidding. Having to watch games starting at 10:30 est is such a pain. And it throws off the teams clock. A pain to say the least.

I agree about Bertuzzi bringing grit, i really do like him. We should absolutely be out of the first round. As long as Hasek is healthy and on, we are a force to be reckoned with
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,687

Post#4 » by Cowology » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:10 am

I agree Bertuzzi should bring some grit but there are gonna be questions about this team until guys like Datsuk show they can produce in the post-season. I'm aware of the injury last year and that he was matched up with Pronger etc etc, but at the same time we need our best players to produce. It's tough for everybody and this needs to be the year that Pavel and some of those other guys show they are more than just a regular season team. We really *should* be able to make a pretty deep run with this club.
rasul
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#5 » by rasul » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:03 am

I also hope playoff games will be braodcast nationally. I'm in Atlanta right now and only got a chance to watch 2 games all season.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Post#6 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:40 pm

Cowology wrote:I agree Bertuzzi should bring some grit but there are gonna be questions about this team until guys like Datsuk show they can produce in the post-season. I'm aware of the injury last year and that he was matched up with Pronger etc etc, but at the same time we need our best players to produce. It's tough for everybody and this needs to be the year that Pavel and some of those other guys show they are more than just a regular season team. We really *should* be able to make a pretty deep run with this club.

Well like you I have my concerns with Pavel Datsuyk come playoff time. I still think he's one of the best playes in the NHL right now.

We have more grit/toughness then just Bert like we have Chelios, Drapper, Maltby and Dan Cleary who are all good fore and back checkers.

I just :pray: Hasek can stay healthy and as it stands now we are going to be playing the d Flames, when healthy that team is pretty good.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ajaX82 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 2:05 am

Big win tonite over Columbus, 3-0. Bertuzzi with a goal. That first place is looking more and more likely
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Post#8 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Apr 4, 2007 4:28 pm

ajaX82 wrote:Big win tonite over Columbus, 3-0. Bertuzzi with a goal. That first place is looking more and more likely

Yeah looks like the Presidents Trophy is going back to Detroit as well.

*Hasek also recorded his 76th career shutout as well, pretty good number for a guy who was billed a career backup to Belfour :lol:*
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ajaX82 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 8:30 pm

Another big win for our boys, a 7-2 stomping of Chicago.

EDIT: I thougnt we might steal the presidents trophy, but to no avail. too bad

Return to Detroit Red Wings