Hemsky traded to the Senators

Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Hemsky traded to the Senators 

Post#1 » by Matty » Wed Mar 5, 2014 5:37 pm

The Edmonton Oilers have traded forward Ales Hemsky to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for a 2015 third-round draft pick and a 2014 fifth-rounder.

Edmonton is believed to be retaining half of Hemsky's remaining 2013-14 salary to complete the deal.

In 55 games with the Oilers this season, Hemsky has scored nine goals and added 17 assists.

Hemsky has long been a subject of trade rumours that had him moving on from the Oilers, who made him the 13th overall selection in the first round of the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.

He is in the final year of a two-year, $10 million deal he signed with the Oilers prior to the 2012-13 season.

In 652 NHL games, Hemsky has scored 142 goals and 335 assists, he has also played in 30 playoff games during his career.

The Pardubice, Czech Republic native has two 20-goal seasons in his career and also produced a career high 77 points during the 2005-06 season, helping lead the Oilers into the Stanley Cup Final where they were defeated by the Carolina Hurricanes.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445332

Meh. Picks and nothing else in return. We got robbed again. Should have traded him when he was hot on the market a couple of seasons ago.

Again, meh. I don't care for these Oilers anymore. Just thought I post this because Hemsky was one of the reasons I fell in love with the team nearly a decade ago. Now they're just a pile of mess that can't manage to produce a playoff team with 3 No.1 picks. The olds boys running the show make the Cavs managment team look respectable.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Hemsky traded to the Senators 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Fri Mar 7, 2014 11:27 am

His exit has been a long time coming.

Still have no idea what Mac T's trying to do though.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: Hemsky traded to the Senators 

Post#3 » by Matty » Fri Mar 7, 2014 3:09 pm

Nolan wrote:His exit has been a long time coming.

Still have no idea what Mac T's trying to do though.

I knew Mactavish returning as a GM would be a huge mistake. He's actually a much better coach than I think people gave him credit for back then. But he sucks right now, plain and simple. He hasn't made a single positive transaction during his tenure.

As long as Lowe is still the president, this team will continue to be a perennial lottery team.

Return to Edmonton Oilers