Report: Billionaire Katz bids for Oilers

NeverGoingToWin
Veteran
And1: 14

Report: Billionaire Katz bids for Oilers 

Post#1 » by NeverGoingToWin » Sun May 6, 2007 1:17 am

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=206686&hubname=

The Edmonton Journal reports that drugstore billionaire and Edmonton native Daryl Katz has launched a $145 million bid to acquire the Edmonton Oilers.

According to the Journal, the all-cash offer by Katz was made to the 37-member Edmonton Oilers ownership group earlier this week and the Oilers would remain in Edmonton under terms of the offer.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#2 » by UTMCretin » Sun May 6, 2007 5:11 am

Another news story dropped into the endless abyss that is the Edmonton Oilers board.

On Topic: The current ownership group is going to make him pay a bit more that 145 million (probably closer to $200). But he's got two billion dollars, so he can easily afford it. The main effect that this will have will be that, if Katz' offer is accepted, the new rink downtown that has been talked about is almost definitely a go
NeverGoingToWin
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#3 » by NeverGoingToWin » Sun May 6, 2007 5:24 pm

I knew that you would comment on it at least. :D
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#4 » by UTMCretin » Sun May 6, 2007 9:36 pm

I pretty much own this board, so its my solemn duty to comment on everything Oiler-related. Begrudgingly as ever, I try to uphold the standards and quality that my forefathers trailblazed down this binary path of freedom that is...

...the Edmonton Oilers. Freedom personified by the drop of a copper and gold puck. Heart, courage and a dynamic sense of community arrange a colourful array of the embellishment of that peculiar little thing that we call the game of hockey.

More importantly, I can say whatever the **** I want because there are no mods and no one with any pertinent knowledge to challenge my pseudo-authority. So there are advantages

Return to Edmonton Oilers