Official Florida Panthers 2008-2009 Season Thread

unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,858

Official Florida Panthers 2008-2009 Season Thread 

Post#1 » by unowen85 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:21 pm

Standings
Panthers are currently in eight place. Three points behind sixth place Philadelphia, one point behind Buffalo in seventh place, and one point ahead of Carolina, who the Panthers visit next week.

Sweet goal by Zednik in last night's game against the Islanders, ended up being the game winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LmH9VkHNZM
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,858

Re: Official Florida Panthers 2008-2009 Season Thread 

Post#2 » by unowen85 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:57 pm

Richard Zednik scores winner for Florida Panthers in OT
On the one-year anniversary of one of the most gruesome accidents in hockey history, Richard Zednik had to be the hero Tuesday night.

It couldn't have ended any other way.

Zednik, who severed his carotid artery in Buffalo this time last year, led the Panthers to one of their biggest comebacks in franchise history. First, Zednik tied the score, then he ended it when his goal in overtime gave Florida a 5-4 victory against Toronto at BankAtlantic Center.

I remember last season, the Panthers kept losing games in which they had the lead going into the third period, and now they're doing the exact opposite, they beat the Maple Leafs after being down 3-1 just last week. Quite a turnaround DeBoer has accomplished, very Sparano-esque.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVO6M_VaEO4

The comeback starts at 3:20, and the play the starts the game winner is at 4:55.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?

Return to Florida Panthers