Habs Regular Season - 2010/2011

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Re: Habs Regular Season - 2010/2011 

Post#21 » by Snayr » Sun Apr 3, 2011 10:02 pm

Was nice to see us sweep the Devils in NJ for the first time in... 22 freakin' years! Not to mention the fact that we officially eliminated them from playoff contention - making it the first time since '96 that they've missed the playoffs.

What was nicer above all though was the team play, and the way the team actually gave Price some help last night. Hopefully they continue on this way into the playoffs.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#22 » by spykelee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:57 am

Geez, game 7, goin into O.T. and not even a post season thread or a singular post... how do you ever moderate this bad boy by yourself Snayr??

Horrendus officiating in the 3rd of game 7 tonight. I don't recall ever seeing so many blown calls, and 1 led to a goal, and 1 in the last minute almost did... unbeliveable. And gotta love the B's never learning. Keep taking those dumb penalties boys, hopefully the refs actually call some in Overtime...

Go Habs go!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#23 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:31 am

Yeah... I was posting in the Playoff thread in the general hockey section because no one was around... and I didnt feel like talking to myself, lol.

The Habs got cheated, they were the better team and should have advanced. However, multiple blown calls by the refs (Halpern headshot / CLEAR puck hit by high stick), and it's the Bruins moving on... The NHL got what they wanted, anyways.

Proud of the boys though. So many injuries, but they fought hard til the end. Go Habs Go! 2011-2012 is going to be awesome! :)
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#24 » by spykelee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:27 am

Snayr wrote:Yeah... I was posting in the Playoff thread in the general hockey section because no one was around... and I didnt feel like talking to myself, lol.

The Habs got cheated, they were the better team and should have advanced. However, multiple blown calls by the refs (Halpern headshot / CLEAR puck hit by high stick), and it's the Bruins moving on... The NHL got what they wanted, anyways.

Proud of the boys though. So many injuries, but they fought hard til the end. Go Habs Go! 2011-2012 is going to be awesome! :)

Yea alot of positives on the year. I was real leery of Price heading into this season, I thought for sure he'd get off to a rocky start and be run out of town, but he was awesome all year long, couldn't ask for anything more.

On tonight's game, man the last minute or two the bruins should have had like 3 obvious penalties. I know ref's don't want to call anything at that point, but there were some real obvious ones. That play where subban was tackled in the corner and then the bruins almost won the game was horrendus...

In any event, mtl had there chances for sure, can't ask for much more. Though I told everyone and there mother that we'd beat Boston because... well, Boston can't beat montreal. Where one of those notoriusly bad matchups for the bruins... would have been for not anyways as Montreal absolutely cannot beat Philly anyways. Anyways, hopefully a fun off-season. I'd like to see some toughness, and not Georges Laraque toughness, but guys who are gritty but can still play...

And Subban has come a long way. Wow I was impressed with his composure all series long. Great skater, good passer, excellent shot and just an all around smart guy back there. If we could manage another solid D-man to log big time minutes with him, and some grittiness, we're gonna be a good team next year....

and finally, gomez, gtfo my team please. Horrible.

Return to Montreal Canadiens