Laraque

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

KR
Sophomore
And1: 0

Laraque 

Post#1 » by KR » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Tonight will be pre-season game #5 and no sign of BGL. Supposedly he has a lower body injury not related to his back problems of last season. I'm beginning to seriously question his commitment to hockey. Perhaps his heart simply isn't in it ( a member of the Montreal media told me as much last year). Frankly, I think he's the worst acquisition Gainey has ever made. He's brought nothing to the table. I think the team should seriously consider buying him out. Thoughts? We can always use the cap space and we have Stewart and now Neilson.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: Laraque 

Post#2 » by sh00n » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Never heard anything about that; I just know about his back injury.

And if he didn't have the heart to play hockey, he wouldn't have demanded playing time last season.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#3 » by Snayr » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:13 am

With Neilson showing up the way he has, I see no reason to keep BGL around. To be honest when I heard the amount we paid freakin' BGL when we first got him I couldn't believe it. Aside from Samsonov, it's Gaineys worst acquisition.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
KR
Sophomore

Post#4 » by KR » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:02 am

Snayr wrote:With Neilson showing up the way he has, I see no reason to keep BGL around. To be honest when I heard the amount we paid freakin' BGL when we first got him I couldn't believe it. Aside from Samsonov, it's Gaineys worst acquisition.

I completely forgto about Samsonov. Now it's a toss up.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#5 » by BROWN » Sat Oct 3, 2009 7:58 am

First time on the ice, gets into a fight, and gets an assist. I say that was a great night for Laraque !
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Snayr » Sun Oct 4, 2009 3:42 am

He had a good first game. Wasn't very impressed with his performance tonight but hopefully he does what we need of him this season.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
sh00n
RealGM

Post#7 » by sh00n » Sun Oct 4, 2009 3:55 am

Snayr wrote:He had a good first game. Wasn't very impressed with his performance tonight but hopefully he does what we need of him this season.

I was. He played a power game and almost set up a goal. I think Martin is the perfect coach for BGL cause he plays to his strengths.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#8 » by BROWN » Sun Oct 4, 2009 4:40 pm

I agree with you sh00n, Martin is a heckueva coach! He has some good lines on, and knows when to change them! I'm loving the team right now !
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Snayr » Mon Oct 5, 2009 12:38 am

Dunno, I thought he was pretty sloppy last night, but I guess that's just me. As long as he plays his role, I'll be happy with him.
fedorwho
Ballboy

Post#10 » by fedorwho » Thu Nov 5, 2009 6:24 am

laraque is injury prone, and his fights arent so impressive, in most cases he wrestles guys to the ground where the fight is broken up... not a fan
Cammo101 wrote:There are at least 20 guys in the UFC more well known and better to have headlining a card than Fedor.

Cammo101 wrote:Diego is better to have as a headliner from a money perspective. Fedor from a fan perspective.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Snayr » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 pm

The dead weight that is Laraque is finally gone!
sh00n
RealGM

Post#12 » by sh00n » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Gainey's being pretty classless about it, though. Keeping him all year THEN buying him out? At least do it now so he can sign with someone else.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Snayr » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:35 am

I heard you weren't allowed to buy out a player until the off-season though, so I'm not sure.

Return to Montreal Canadiens