Habs call 4pm Presser!

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Habs call 4pm Presser! 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Mon Feb 8, 2010 5:31 pm

News on the street is that Bob Gainey will be stepping down as Montreal's GM and there are rumbles about Jacques Martin taking over the responsibilities... oh boy.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: Habs call 4pm Presser! 

Post#2 » by sh00n » Mon Feb 8, 2010 6:06 pm

Pierre Gauthier is taking over. This pretty much means that Price is getting traded.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Snayr » Tue Feb 9, 2010 2:14 am

We don't know that for certain, but if that IS the case, then he better well get some good pieces in return. Preferably trade him to a WESTERN conference team. I'd love to do a deal with the Blues for Backes and/or Perron personally.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#4 » by sh00n » Tue Feb 9, 2010 3:33 am

I honestly hope he has the balls to play up the entire team. Like I mean entirely guy it and go for picks and prospects. I'm fed up of the media and fans demanding a contender and I really hope someone will have the balls to go the route of Pittsburgh, Chicago and Los Angeles.

And when I say blow up, I really mean blow up the damn team. Out of the entire team, I'd move everyone and just keeps these guys:

Cammalleri/Plekanec/Gionta
Pouliot/Metropolit/Pacioretty
S. Kostitsyn/Maxwell/A. Kostitsyn
Desharnais/Trotter/White

Gorges/O'Byrne
Weber/PK
Bergeron (if he comes back on the same cheap contract

Price/Halak

And honestly, that's it. I would trade away everybody else for picks and prospects, Markov included. That would also give us all the cap we need to re-sign Pleks, Price and Halak. Then we bring in some vets and prime aged players in the summer without spending too much cash.

It'll never happen, but I wish it would.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Snayr » Tue Feb 9, 2010 4:32 am

The thing is, this is what has had to happen the past 15 freakin' years, so... the chances of that happening now are slim to none. GM's don't want to blow it up in Montreal, because people would be calling for their head.

Return to Montreal Canadiens