ImageImageImage

Wolves vs Spurs 830pm

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Re: Wolves vs Spurs 830pm 

Post#281 » by Cyborg21 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:03 am

Frustrating game, Jimmy played like crap and wasn't the go-to guy in 4th he was supposed to be. Pretty disappointing.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#282 » by PharmD » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:03 am

minimus wrote:Need to re-watch game, since I've been watching on mobile on the bus. Quick notes:

* we cant defend well executed PnR involving C and PG
* we cant defend PGs in ISOs
* KAT clearly struggles without Rubio's assists
* there were couple of times when Jimmy aggressive offense generated good ball movement. I hope to see that more.
* I'm not happy with Jones late game misses, but he played well in first half. He needs to get that self confidence
* the game itself was about decision making. I had a feeling that SAS players read every our play. They are on another level of decision making and passing
* Dieng looks tired

Lots of our guys look fat but especially Gorgui imo.

The Spurs are one of the few teams that plays 2 bigs and we got killed inside. Not looking good for our $30M worth of Taj and Dieng.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#283 » by Neeva » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:04 am

Cyborg21 wrote:Frustrating game, Jimmy played like crap and wasn't the go-to guy in 4th he was supposed to be. Pretty disappointing.

Kat was beyond underwhelming also.
You need your superstars to play like superstars and they didn't. Wiggs did.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#284 » by PharmD » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:08 am

Neeva wrote:
PharmD wrote:
walk with me wrote:No need to over react

Spurs = wcf last year
Wolves = a lotto team

Will take some time.

Teague look good while he played. I suspect he hurt something cause tyus basically played the whole 4th. There’s no way thibs just decided to play tyus the whole 4th cause that’s what the team needed.

What game were you watching?

He was really bad.

said by a biased bricky lover.
In same amount of Minutes Teague was way better than Tyus. Not sure what the heck Tyus was doing on the court down the stretch.

The offense looked like a clogged toilet when Teague was in the game. Also, he was doing these stupid gambles on defense and was leaving teammates out to dry.

The offense looked better with Tyus in there but when it was clear we weren't gonna win with Tyus (about 4 mins left) Thibs should have put Teague back in. But he didn't cuz he's stubborn.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#285 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am

PharmD wrote:
Neeva wrote:
PharmD wrote:What game were you watching?

He was really bad.

In same amount of Minutes Teague was way better than Tyus. Not sure what the heck Tyus was doing on the court down the stretch.

The offense looked like a clogged toilet when Teague was in the game. Also, he was doing these stupid gambles on defense and was leaving teammates out to dry.

The offense looked better with Tyus in there but when it was clear we weren't gonna win with Tyus (about 4 mins left) Thibs should have put Teague back in. But he didn't cuz he's stubborn.

Tyus looked better because crawford and bjelly were doing the heavy lifting.

Because tyus was better than teague, doesnt mean that tyus was good.

I wonder who feels worse? Teague getting benched in the 4th for Jones or CP3 getting benched in the 4th so harden can dominate.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: RE: Re: Wolves vs Spurs 830pm 

Post#286 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:48 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
PharmD wrote:
Neeva wrote:

I wonder who feels worse? Teague getting benched in the 4th for Jones or CP3 getting benched in the 4th so harden can dominate.

CP3 was injured

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#287 » by PharmD » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:04 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
PharmD wrote:
Neeva wrote:

Well i hope i never gave the impression that Tyus was good.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#288 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:12 am

I really hope that dieng is just tired from playing for his national team this summer. Because with Taj starting and bjelly playing well for pennies, dieng could become an unmovable contract.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wolves vs Spurs 830pm 

Post#289 » by Mattya » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:15 am

T-wOlvEs 420 wrote:
Mattya wrote:
T-wOlvEs 420 wrote:Yeah a bunch of old guys. No excuses. That was poor.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app

A bunch of old guys rested, with a ton of chemistry, and experience playing for the best coach of all time. It’s not an excuse, it’s called respecting the other team. Thinking the Spurs are just some old guys tells me you don’t know who the Spurs are.

Something tells me you have a man crush on the spurs.. why don't you go join there board?

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app

Is this the best you could come up with? That wasn’t even YouTube comment section worthy.

Hmm respect a team with probably the best overall record of the past couple decades while also being known for resting their star players and with a handful of championships? Crazy concept right.

But I suppose we should be like you and cry, complain, and lose all critical thinking off the first game of the season.
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 570

Post#290 » by TwolvesFanRome » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:23 am

According to me...
Best things
Crawford
Wiggins

Worst things
Dieng/Taj looks like terribile
Butler leadership in to the Team
D E F E N S E

Anyone can score 30pts in a nba match if is not defended! :banghead:
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#291 » by Foye » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:31 am

PharmD wrote:
Neeva wrote:
PharmD wrote:What game were you watching?

He was really bad.

Game 1 in the Teague era and we are alreeady starting to see we will miss Rubio
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#292 » by shangrila » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:32 am

Foye wrote:
PharmD wrote:
Neeva wrote:

Game 1 in the Teague era and we are alreeady starting to see we will miss Rubio

Awesome. I'm so looking forward to this crap all season.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#293 » by Revived » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:40 am

Towns has struggled in the past when Rubio has sat games out due to injury.

I feel like his game will get exposed this season without Ricky.
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 570

Post#294 » by TwolvesFanRome » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:10 am

Please stop talking about Rubio becuse we didn t lose J.Stockton...come on...I hope to not see posts about him every night we will L...or comparison with Jeff..
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#295 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:14 am

According to Thibs, the benching of teague (and taj and wiggins to a certain degree) was because he wanted to ride the hot hand.

Read on Twitter
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#296 » by LordBaldric » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 am

That huge losing streak we had against the Spurs while Ricky was still on our team must be a figment of my imagination...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#297 » by shrink » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:49 am

With all the whining, I have to wonder how many of you really thought before the game that the Wolves would probably win?

Aside from GSW, the Spurs have the best system in the NBA, and certainly have the best coach. We were playing the Spurs, away, on their opening night, with a new team with lots of changes, and a limited pre-season.

No need for all this doom and gloom and finger-pointing after Game 1 of 82.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#298 » by packforfreedom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:12 am

this was somewhat disappointed but I've learned not to expect wins against the Spurs no matter what.

Our S5 obviously has some work to do. It was clear, that we won't exactly have a modern type offense, but this was ugly. Towns couldn't get touches inside, Butler looked uninspired but trying, Gibson took 11 shots and Teague played just awful. Wiggins was okay though.
I liked our bench esp Belly and Crawford. I was okay with playing Tyus in the fourth and I don't want this to be become a regular thing. Teague is a very good player and a good pro, you should trust him to turn his game around at some point during a game.

Overall stagnant offense and bad defense inside but talent alone kept us in the game which is a positive thing. Some more games and they'll be fine (I hope).
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#299 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:01 am

Yeah, the bench was the bright spot this game. Wished Bazz made some buckets tho. Need a lot of work to do but you can see that our team plays differently. If that was the "old Wolves", we wouldve been blown out

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#300 » by Neeva » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:40 am

Expectations ar higher we are in win now mode or made moves like we are anyway.

shrink wrote:With all the whining, I have to wonder how many of you really thought before the game that the Wolves would probably win?

Aside from GSW, the Spurs have the best system in the NBA, and certainly have the best coach. We were playing the Spurs, away, on their opening night, with a new team with lots of changes, and a limited pre-season.

No need for all this doom and gloom and finger-pointing after Game 1 of 82.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves