SmokeyK wrote:Teagues and Dieng make them contenders in east with jr

Teague
Jr
Sf
Unicorn
Dieng

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

:lol: Smokey name fits you. Now pass me what you got over there :crazy:

They would be adding an ALL-STAR PG in Teagues. Teagues, Jr., Unicorn should be enough for 8th seed in East.

Teagues on their team this year with who they currently have at PG would have given the 7 more wins this year. They have gotten nothing from their PG’s.

SmokeyK
Junior
And1: 19

Re: Trade Talk: Deadline buyout options 

Post#862 » by SmokeyK » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:41 pm

SmokeyK wrote:
SmokeyK wrote:
Pass_the_rock wrote:
:lol: Smokey name fits you. Now pass me what you got over there :crazy:

They would be adding an ALL-STAR PG in Teagues. Teagues, Jr., Unicorn should be enough for 8th seed in East.

Teagues on their team this year with who they currently have at PG would have given the 7 more wins this year. They have gotten nothing from their PG’s.

Smokey B right

SmokeyK
Junior

Post#863 » by SmokeyK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Looks like Jordan can be had fairly reasonably.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SmokeyK
Junior

Post#864 » by SmokeyK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:19 pm

SmokeyK wrote:Looks like Jordan can be had fairly reasonably.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2759443-cavaliers-trade-rumors-ownership-approved-deandre-jordan-deal-before-deadline?share=other

SmokeyK
Junior

Post#865 » by SmokeyK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Looking like wolves should have tried to acquire Hood

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,704

Post#866 » by minimus » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:58 am

Can we get Troy Williams?
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#867 » by shangrila » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 am

minimus wrote:Can we get Troy Williams?

IIRC we had interest before he signed with the Rockets. Not sure how he felt about us though.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#868 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:31 pm

shangrila wrote:
minimus wrote:Can we get Troy Williams?

IIRC we had interest before he signed with the Rockets. Not sure how he felt about us though.

Well the Rockets finally waived him. Pretty sure he has interest in everybody as opposed to China.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,839

Post#869 » by Domejandro » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:55 pm

I would never post this on the Trade Board, but here is just a loose hypothetical....

Let's say Memphis landed fifth overall with their draft pick and decided "you know what, we want Andrew Wiggins!" Brace yourselves for the upcoming proposal they give.

Chandler Parsons and #5

for

Andrew Wiggins and Shabazz Muhammad

Minnesota would obviously HAVE to do that, right? Parsons' deal is for three less seasons (would be two years compared to Andrew Wiggins' five years), is about two dollars less annually, and Minnesota would get to select a top five talent in this draft-pool.

I understand the instant reaction is "hell-no", but the issue is that Minnesota is looking to be hit by MASSIVE repeater tax penalties as we currently stand, and I strongly question whether Andrew Wiggins is worth that going forward. Andrew had a small stretch of playing quality defense (which I was really excited about), but as of late his defense has fallen back off the cliff and he gets terribly lost off of the ball. In addition, his offensive inefficiency consistently kills the team, as he is the type of player that needs to be the primary scorer to get into the flow of the offense. In all honesty, I don't know if Memphis would consider it, but we will just pretend they wanted it.

It would be incredibly dependent on who fell, and whether or not the front-office was in love with a certain player or not, but ultimately it might be better for the team to try to go towards efficiency. Maybe call-up Tyreke Evans and offer him a Mid-Level Exception type deal. If Minnesota is going to be in the Luxury-Tax, they might as well compile players that fit better (albeit Tyreke may get a better offer elsewhere, who knows?).

Just for context on the trade alone....

Jeff Teague / Tyus Jones
Jimmy Butler / Marcus Georges-Hunt
Nemanja Bjelica (QO) / Chandler Parsons
Taj Gibson / Gorgui Deing
Karl-Anthony Towns / Justin Patton

#5 and OKC-Pick (#16-20)

....Just a thought, but man, Tyreke Evans would look amazing on that roster. If you somehow swapped Gorgui Dieng and #16 for Joakim Noah and #9, I would be really intrigued with the roster. Here is the whole grouping of nonsense, but ultimately these are different hypothetical situations crammed into one. You would probably HAVE to let Nemanja go at this point, but I'll still throw him in for laughs.

Jeff Teague / Tyus Jones
Tyreke Evans / Nemanja Bjelica (QO)
Taj Gibson / Justin Patton / Chandler Parsons
Karl-Anthony Towns / Joakim Noah

#5 and #9

After one season of that roster, Jeff Teague, Chandler Parsons, and Joakim Noah would all be expiring deals (assuming we extend Towns and Jimmy Butler).
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#870 » by LordBaldric » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:05 pm

I'd take that deal and run without looking back.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#871 » by TheDominator273 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:54 pm

Massive hell no. For all the flack Wiggins gets for not improving, he's still averaging 17 points a game and is available whereas Parsons is in a constant state of injury of one kind or another and is a worse player on the court.

Adding a top 5 pick instead of Wiggins just means you have to go through the growing pains all over again which doesn't help keep Jimmy around
twolves31
Junior
And1: 255

Post#872 » by twolves31 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Domejandro wrote:I would never post this on the Trade Board, but here is just a loose hypothetical....

Let's say Memphis landed fifth overall with their draft pick and decided "you know what, we want Andrew Wiggins!" Brace yourselves for the upcoming proposal they give.

Chandler Parsons and #5

for

Andrew Wiggins and Shabazz Muhammad

Minnesota would obviously HAVE to do that, right? Parsons' deal is for three less seasons (would be two years compared to Andrew Wiggins' five years), is about two dollars less annually, and Minnesota would get to select a top five talent in this draft-pool.

I understand the instant reaction is "hell-no", but the issue is that Minnesota is looking to be hit by MASSIVE repeater tax penalties as we currently stand, and I strongly question whether Andrew Wiggins is worth that going forward. Andrew had a small stretch of playing quality defense (which I was really excited about), but as of late his defense has fallen back off the cliff and he gets terribly lost off of the ball. In addition, his offensive inefficiency consistently kills the team, as he is the type of player that needs to be the primary scorer to get into the flow of the offense. In all honesty, I don't know if Memphis would consider it, but we will just pretend they wanted it.

It would be incredibly dependent on who fell, and whether or not the front-office was in love with a certain player or not, but ultimately it might be better for the team to try to go towards efficiency. Maybe call-up Tyreke Evans and offer him a Mid-Level Exception type deal. If Minnesota is going to be in the Luxury-Tax, they might as well compile players that fit better (albeit Tyreke may get a better offer elsewhere, who knows?).

Just for context on the trade alone....

Jeff Teague / Tyus Jones
Nemanja Bjelica (QO) / Chandler Parsons
Taj Gibson / Gorgui Deing
Karl-Anthony Towns / Justin Patton

#5 and OKC-Pick (#16-20)

....Just a thought, but man, Tyreke Evans would look amazing on that roster. If you somehow swapped Gorgui Dieng and #16 for Joakim Noah and #9, I would be really intrigued with the roster. Here is the whole grouping of nonsense, but ultimately these are different hypothetical situations crammed into one. You would probably HAVE to let Nemanja go at this point, but I'll still throw him in for laughs.

Jeff Teague / Tyus Jones
Tyreke Evans / Nemanja Bjelica (QO)
Taj Gibson / Justin Patton / Chandler Parsons
Karl-Anthony Towns / Joakim Noah

#5 and #9

After one season of that roster, Jeff Teague, Chandler Parsons, and Joakim Noah would all be expiring deals (assuming we extend Towns and Jimmy Butler).

Trading Wiggins for a draft pick depends entirely on two things. Who is available at the pick for example Trae Young, and second you talk to Butler before you make any trade and ask him which scenario results in him extending his contract this Summer with us. Evans I think is going to fall back closer to his career averages once he gets paid.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,704

Post#873 » by minimus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:25 pm

I think that we can always trade Wiggins to garbage teams without superstars such as Brooklyn, SAC, ATL for shorter contract and top15 pick. My question is what happens if Wiggins either fix his shot or learns how to get in good spot like Butler does? My answer would be that we could be a truly special team in this case. Forgot about modern offense, we could beat any team is slow paced basketball.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#874 » by Neeva » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:55 pm

Trade wiggins he doesn't have the drive to be a superstar, he should not be having his worse overall season four years in!!! Not a good sign.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#875 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:53 pm

Neeva wrote:Trade wiggins he doesn't have the drive to be a superstar, he should not be having his worse overall season four years in!!! Not a good sign.

He's not having his worst overall season
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,424

Post#876 » by shrink » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:15 pm

Trading talent for draft picks shows Jimmy Butler that we aren't trying to win now, and would surely affect his decision whether to re-sign with us next year.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,839

Post#877 » by Domejandro » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:28 pm

shrink wrote:Trading talent for draft picks shows Jimmy Butler that we aren't trying to win now, and would surely affect his decision whether to re-sign with us next year.

As I stated, you would have to have him re-up being comfortable with the situation; the hypothetical is really just in the case that everything would be accepted.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#878 » by southern wolf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:47 pm

I still wouldn't mind bringing in Tony Allen as a defensive stopper to have up our sleeve for playoffs.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#879 » by Streakers33 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:39 am

I think the Noah for dieng and pick swaps is all the crazy I could handle. One rookie and current team is good for me for next year for big changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#880 » by DaMplsKid » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:01 pm

I don’t think Thibs is the kind of guy who likes to just stand pat and not make a change. He to me wants to get better every year and will be looking at the wholes in the roster to do so.

How long will he give Wigs? Idk but I think Thibs believes with the right pieces around them he can win with Butler and Towns. To mean those are the only two safe bet to be on the team next year.

I am not saying he will trade Wigs for scraps but if the right all star player becomes available he would pull the trigger.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves