ImageImageImage

MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

User avatar
KAT4PREZ
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,836
And1: 9,676
Joined: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Minnesota Thivyan

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#61 » by KAT4PREZ » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:02 am

Kat-Tolliver-Nunnally-Rose-Jones should be fun to watch. 4 great shooters and a guy that is good at attacking the basket.
Mr Burns wrote:Dawg you are a wolves fan who spends your life on the raptors forum..... wasteman indeed
mplsfonz23
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,830
And1: 530
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
 

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#62 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:49 pm

KAT4PREZ wrote:Kat-Tolliver-Nunnally-Rose-Jones should be fun to watch. 4 great shooters and a guy that is good at attacking the basket.

Replace KAT with Patton, and our second unit looks good. (On paper)
They should be able to hold or extend leads. (Again, on paper)
Bucketgetter
Pro Prospect
Posts: 791
And1: 196
Joined: Jul 29, 2017
       

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#63 » by Bucketgetter » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:11 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
KAT4PREZ wrote:Kat-Tolliver-Nunnally-Rose-Jones should be fun to watch. 4 great shooters and a guy that is good at attacking the basket.

Replace KAT with Patton, and our second unit looks good. (On paper)
They should be able to hold or extend leads. (Again, on paper)

Dieng is the backup 5, not Patton.
mplsfonz23
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,830
And1: 530
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
 

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#64 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Bucketgetter wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
KAT4PREZ wrote:Kat-Tolliver-Nunnally-Rose-Jones should be fun to watch. 4 great shooters and a guy that is good at attacking the basket.

Replace KAT with Patton, and our second unit looks good. (On paper)
They should be able to hold or extend leads. (Again, on paper)

Dieng is the backup 5, not Patton.

Yeah, like I said, replace KAT with Patton.
I still hope we can push Dieng onto a team that needs helps at the 5
User avatar
Killboard
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,962
And1: 401
Joined: Jul 16, 2010

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#65 » by Killboard » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Bucketgetter wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Replace KAT with Patton, and our second unit looks good. (On paper)
They should be able to hold or extend leads. (Again, on paper)

Dieng is the backup 5, not Patton.

Yeah, like I said, replace KAT with Patton.
I still hope we can push Dieng onto a team that needs helps at the 5


Thats what we were saying the last X seasons. I think our bench still being our weakest point. Will believe it when I see it.
enaidealukal
Freshman
Posts: 55
And1: 27
Joined: Apr 29, 2017

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#66 » by enaidealukal » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:05 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Bucketgetter wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Replace KAT with Patton, and our second unit looks good. (On paper)
They should be able to hold or extend leads. (Again, on paper)

Dieng is the backup 5, not Patton.

Yeah, like I said, replace KAT with Patton.
I still hope we can push Dieng onto a team that needs helps at the 5

Thibs says Patton will miss the entire fall. Given how big men and foot injuries tend to work out (or not work out, to be more precise), at this point I'd be pretty shocked if Justin Patton is ever a rotational player in the NBA. Pleasantly shocked, but shocked nonetheless.

And in any case Gorgui is certainly a much, much better player at this point, last season notwithstanding (and G's numbers are almost certainly skewed by playing the overwhelming majority of his minutes with the NBA's Least Valuable Player, Jamal Crawford). Gorgui has multiple seasons as an above-average starter (one bad season in a backup role- sharing a 2nd unit with two of the NBA's worst players I hasten to add- doesn't offset multiple successful seasons as a starter), Patton was drafted as a project and has subsequently had his career derailed by injury. No question the 2nd unit looks much better with Dieng than Patton, both on paper and on the court.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,022
And1: 8,933
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#67 » by Klomp » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:54 pm

enaidealukal wrote:Thibs says Patton will miss the entire fall. Given how big men and foot injuries tend to work out (or not work out, to be more precise), at this point I'd be pretty shocked if Justin Patton is ever a rotational player in the NBA. Pleasantly shocked, but shocked nonetheless.

Yup, he'll probably end up a bust just like Joel Embiid did....
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
enaidealukal
Freshman
Posts: 55
And1: 27
Joined: Apr 29, 2017

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#68 » by enaidealukal » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:44 am

Klomp wrote:
enaidealukal wrote:Thibs says Patton will miss the entire fall. Given how big men and foot injuries tend to work out (or not work out, to be more precise), at this point I'd be pretty shocked if Justin Patton is ever a rotational player in the NBA. Pleasantly shocked, but shocked nonetheless.

Yup, he'll probably end up a bust just like Joel Embiid did....

right because Joel Embiid is the rule and not the exception (nice try though)
KGdaBom
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,135
And1: 913
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#69 » by KGdaBom » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 am

enaidealukal wrote:
Klomp wrote:
enaidealukal wrote:Thibs says Patton will miss the entire fall. Given how big men and foot injuries tend to work out (or not work out, to be more precise), at this point I'd be pretty shocked if Justin Patton is ever a rotational player in the NBA. Pleasantly shocked, but shocked nonetheless.

Yup, he'll probably end up a bust just like Joel Embiid did....

right because Joel Embiid is the rule and not the exception (nice try though)

Joel Embiid IMO hasn't proven anything. Yes he is very talented, but when 60 or so games played is your all time high you still have a lot to prove.
alabamawolf
Junior
Posts: 287
And1: 145
Joined: Dec 31, 2011
       

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#70 » by alabamawolf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:33 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
enaidealukal wrote:
Klomp wrote:Yup, he'll probably end up a bust just like Joel Embiid did....

right because Joel Embiid is the rule and not the exception (nice try though)

Joel Embiid IMO hasn't proven anything. Yes he is very talented, but when 60 or so games played is your all time high you still have a lot to prove.

Embiid has proven he's an elite big man in his 60+ games
KGdaBom
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,135
And1: 913
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#71 » by KGdaBom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:42 pm

alabamawolf wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
enaidealukal wrote:right because Joel Embiid is the rule and not the exception (nice try though)

Joel Embiid IMO hasn't proven anything. Yes he is very talented, but when 60 or so games played is your all time high you still have a lot to prove.

Embiid has proven he's an elite big man in his 60+ games

He hasn't proven he can be relied on to play 60+ games. This is the only time he's done it. I'm definitely not drafting him for my fantasy Hoops team and I definitely wouldn't want him to be the face of my real life NBA franchise.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,022
And1: 8,933
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#72 » by Klomp » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter


He got the slightly lower minimum we discussed.
-First year is $350,000 guaranteed until December 15.
-Second year is completely unguaranteed until June 29.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
KGdaBom
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,135
And1: 913
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: MIN signs Nunnally to 2-year deal 

Post#73 » by KGdaBom » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:48 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter


He got the slightly lower minimum we discussed.
-First year is $350,000 guaranteed until December 15.
-Second year is completely unguaranteed until June 29.

So if he isn't working out we can just cut bait both years.
Wow.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves