ImageImageImage

Second Round targets

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Second Round targets 

Post#1 » by Jedzz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:10 am

Thread devoted to second round hopefuls. Wolves should have a decent pick (40?). I have an elite shooter in mind for a flyer if a sneaky wise team doesn't snipe him first.

Who would you suggest for us to go look up more about that we may not know much about. Share your scouting eye.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Re: Second Round targets 

Post#2 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:27 am

PG first round, PF 2nd
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#3 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:39 am

We don’t even have our 2nd round pick
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Post#4 » by Domejandro » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:40 am

wesleyt95 wrote:We don’t even have our 2nd round pick

We have Miami's this year.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,954

Post#5 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:05 am

Domejandro wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:We don’t even have our 2nd round pick

We have Miami's this year.

Correct, 40 goes to Sacramento via Cleveland and Portland (last of the Tyus Jones draft day trade), but we get Miami's 43 via Charlotte from the Mo Williams trade.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,954

Post#6 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:07 am

Miye Oni is one of my favorites of guys still mocked in the late 2nd. Also would like Brazdeikis.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#7 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:09 am

One mock draft has this as our 2nd round pick, I can’t complain
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#8 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:17 am

carson edwards purdue
wolfen
Senior
And1: 216

Post#9 » by wolfen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:26 am

Honestly, who wants to pony up even 4-5 mil a year for a "decent" free agent who won't make a difference anyway? Not me, and hopefully not the wolves. If you can nab guys like KBD in round 2, which is absolutely possible, you do that and give them time EARLY in the season just in case you make the playoffs, so they have a little experience and spice. You look at picks 40 to 48 last year and you've got some guys who will be nba rotational players - Vanderbilt, Brown, Diallo, Melton, Mykhailiuk, and KBD. Not to mention undrafted guys from last year who will be decent nba players - Gary Clark, Alonso Trier, Theo Pinson, Rawle Alkins, Kenrich Williams. All of these guys have either shown signs of being legit players or IMO, still have a damn good chance at 10 year NBA careers.

I'm "pretty high" on this year's crop of guys who'll probably be there when we pick in the low 40's, and also have some concrete opinions on guys who'll probably be undrafted. I've been using hoopshype aggregate mock for rankings (https://hoopshype.com/2019/03/19/nba-mock-draft-big-board-deandre-hunter-cameron-johnson-jordan-nwora/) but it's due for an update. I'll list guys for our round 2 pick who "could" be there.

Our 2nd round pick:
Killian Tillie - PF - Zags. I want him, period. The biggest steal in the 2nd round. A better and tougher version of Saric, who could be a great trade chip (good player on a cheap contract) at the deadline.
Dylan Windler - I'll be honest I haven't seen him play but his stats look good and he should be there in the low 40's.
Jaylen Nowell - Smooth UW Husky combo guard who would give you what Okogie doesn't - offense. Shades of Tyreke Evans.
Sagaba Koate - No rim is safe with this dude around. Out of site, out of mind for the bad ass rebounding, shot blocking, rim wrecking Mountaineer. Toughness and D is something the wolves need in the front court.
Jontay Porter - A top 10 player talent-wise. 2 ACL tears, ugh.
Eric Paschall - Undersized PF at 6-7 but long arms, nails 3's, tough as nails, and comes from 'Nova so he knows how to play and plays hard.

Likely undrafted who I like:
Marial Shayok - SG/SF who has a good chance at being a nice bench scoring option, he's so long and can get his own shot from 3.
Terance Mann - SG - Florida State - Just a good all-around player who plays hard, knows HOW to play and is super instinctive.
Bennie Boatright - PF - USC - Sign me up right now for Bennie Boatright because I like guys who can "can" 3's and score bucket after bucket, and look smooth doing it.
Tyus Battle - SG - 'cuse - This year's Alonso Trier.
Lagerald Vick - KU shooting guard. If he gets his head together he would be a great option for athletic 3 point making, transition slamming bench guard.
Justin Robinson - PG - Va Tech. If we don't draft a PG in round 1 or 2, J-rob is my guy. Super experienced and tough, I'd rather pay this dude small coin instead of picking up a washed up FA to be a fill-in bench PG when needed. He could end up being more than that, has a chance to be a legit #2 Pg in the league if given the chance.
wolfen
Senior

Post#10 » by wolfen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:29 am

KGdaBom wrote:carson edwards purdue

Would be nice but his tourney performance has put him at the end of round 1 for sure....
alabamawolf
Senior
And1: 321

Post#11 » by alabamawolf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:34 am

Chuma Okeke is the guy I want in round 2. He just tore his acl so he won’t be able to participate in workouts but I can see him being just as impactful as Brandon Clarke at the next level
wolfen
Senior

Post#12 » by wolfen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:37 am

alabamawolf wrote:Chuma Okeke is the guy I want in round 2. He just tore his acl so he won’t be able to participate in workouts but I can see him being just as impactful as Brandon Clarke at the next level

Take of the day. Forgot about Okeke, he's going to have a good shot at being a good role player at the next level.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Post#13 » by Domejandro » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:40 am

I would trade a future second to trade up and get Dylan Windler. He shot seven threes a game at a scorching 43%, we need guys like him on this team.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#14 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:42 am

wolfen wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:carson edwards purdue

Would be nice but his tourney performance has put him at the end of round 1 for sure....

Last year nobody thought we could get KBD 2nd round Big 10 scoring leader. Wishful thinking but maybe :D .
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,197

Post#15 » by Neeva » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:07 am

Kbd was mocked as high as 24 before last years draft maybe the wolves get lucky again and can get Cam Johnson.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#16 » by Norseman79 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 am

Darius Bazley. Next Mitchell Robinson. Let him learn from Roco.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#17 » by Rookie-Mistake » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:12 am

Fletcher Magee with our second round pick.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#18 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:23 am

wolfen wrote:Honestly, who wants to pony up even 4-5 mil a year for a "decent" free agent who won't make a difference anyway? Not me, and hopefully not the wolves. If you can nab guys like KBD in round 2, which is absolutely possible, you do that and give them time EARLY in the season just in case you make the playoffs, so they have a little experience and spice. You look at picks 40 to 48 last year and you've got some guys who will be nba rotational players - Vanderbilt, Brown, Diallo, Melton, Mykhailiuk, and KBD. Not to mention undrafted guys from last year who will be decent nba players - Gary Clark, Alonso Trier, Theo Pinson, Rawle Alkins, Kenrich Williams. All of these guys have either shown signs of being legit players or IMO, still have a damn good chance at 10 year NBA careers.

I'm "pretty high" on this year's crop of guys who'll probably be there when we pick in the low 40's, and also have some concrete opinions on guys who'll probably be undrafted. I've been using hoopshype aggregate mock for rankings (https://hoopshype.com/2019/03/19/nba-mock-draft-big-board-deandre-hunter-cameron-johnson-jordan-nwora/) but it's due for an update. I'll list guys for our round 2 pick who "could" be there.

Our 2nd round pick:
Killian Tillie - PF - Zags. I want him, period. The biggest steal in the 2nd round. A better and tougher version of Saric, who could be a great trade chip (good player on a cheap contract) at the deadline.
Dylan Windler - I'll be honest I haven't seen him play but his stats look good and he should be there in the low 40's.
Jaylen Nowell - Smooth UW Husky combo guard who would give you what Okogie doesn't - offense. Shades of Tyreke Evans.
Sagaba Koate - No rim is safe with this dude around. Out of site, out of mind for the bad ass rebounding, shot blocking, rim wrecking Mountaineer. Toughness and D is something the wolves need in the front court.
Eric Paschall - Undersized PF at 6-7 but long arms, nails 3's, tough as nails, and comes from 'Nova so he knows how to play and plays hard.

Marial Shayok - SG/SF who has a good chance at being a nice bench scoring option, he's so long and can get his own shot from 3.
Terance Mann - SG - Florida State - Just a good all-around player who plays hard, knows HOW to play and is super instinctive.
Bennie Boatright - PF - USC - Sign me up right now for Bennie Boatright because I like guys who can "can" 3's and score bucket after bucket, and look smooth doing it.
Lagerald Vick - KU shooting guard. If he gets his head together he would be a great option for athletic 3 point making, transition slamming bench guard.
Justin Robinson - PG - Va Tech. If we don't draft a PG in round 1 or 2, J-rob is my guy. Super experienced and tough, I'd rather pay this dude small coin instead of picking up a washed up FA to be a fill-in bench PG when needed. He could end up being more than that, has a chance to be a legit #2 Pg in the league if given the chance.

Get familiar with the name Jalen McDaniels, could make RoCo expendable sooner than later, I posted his highlight; 6'10 with 2 guard skills in the KD, B Ingram, Jonathan Isaac mold. 2nd round steal.
alabamawolf
Senior

Post#19 » by alabamawolf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:57 am

Norseman79 wrote:Darius Bazley. Next Mitchell Robinson. Let him learn from Roco.

Mitchell Robinson is a very very different type of player than Bazley. Bazley probably needs a full year in the G league before he’s ready
alabamawolf
Senior

Post#20 » by alabamawolf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:19 am

wesleyt95 wrote:
wolfen wrote:Honestly, who wants to pony up even 4-5 mil a year for a "decent" free agent who won't make a difference anyway? Not me, and hopefully not the wolves. If you can nab guys like KBD in round 2, which is absolutely possible, you do that and give them time EARLY in the season just in case you make the playoffs, so they have a little experience and spice. You look at picks 40 to 48 last year and you've got some guys who will be nba rotational players - Vanderbilt, Brown, Diallo, Melton, Mykhailiuk, and KBD. Not to mention undrafted guys from last year who will be decent nba players - Gary Clark, Alonso Trier, Theo Pinson, Rawle Alkins, Kenrich Williams. All of these guys have either shown signs of being legit players or IMO, still have a damn good chance at 10 year NBA careers.

Our 2nd round pick:

Get familiar with the name Jalen McDaniels, could make RoCo expendable sooner than later, I posted his highlight; 6'10 with 2 guard skills in the KD, B Ingram, Jonathan Isaac mold. 2nd round steal.

I have McDaniels as a late 1st so I’d be thrilled if he’s there at our 2nd round pick

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves