ImageImageImage

The Newer-est Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 3,790

Re: The Newer-est Video Game Thread 

Post#81 » by theGreatRC » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:03 am

Calinks wrote:I thought I would get 2K at Black Friday but it's not cheap enough for me to budge plus I don't have a ton of money to spend. Just not that thirsty for it this year, I'll get eventually at some point when the right deal comes along.

There are some great game deals though. Lots of good ones going for under 20. The main one I am holding out for is Resident Evil 2 for 15 bucks.

I 100000000% recommend RE2..i've probably ran through the story 30+ times, trying to beat it in a lower time each time, one of the best games this year
2020 Wolves will make the playoffs
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 8,282

Post#82 » by Calinks » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:29 am

theGreatRC wrote:
Calinks wrote:I thought I would get 2K at Black Friday but it's not cheap enough for me to budge plus I don't have a ton of money to spend. Just not that thirsty for it this year, I'll get eventually at some point when the right deal comes along.

There are some great game deals though. Lots of good ones going for under 20. The main one I am holding out for is Resident Evil 2 for 15 bucks.

I 100000000% recommend RE2..i've probably ran through the story 30+ times, trying to beat it in a lower time each time, one of the best games this year

I have never beat a Resident Evil. When I was a kid I played it on the Sega Saturn but couldn't get past the the later part of the game. I hear RE is pretty short so I am going to try and play through the HD version and then move on to RE:2 remake. Should be fun to finally finish a game I gave up on many many years ago lol.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
SCTwins
Junior
And1: 421

Post#83 » by SCTwins » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:32 pm

Nice to see I'm not the only one who skipped out on 2K this year. Maybe they will start to take notice if people stop mindlessly shelling out money to this company.

I'm not buying another one until they drop the pay-to-play in MyCareer. If that never happens, so be it. Leave that stuff to the MyTeam modes and let people spend hundreds of dollars on their card packs or whatever. I'm not doing it.

I'm sick of every year starting out with a player that isn't even good enough to make a JV high school team, that went undrafted or played overseas or some crap. Then they force you to have some crappy nickname like "Buzz"....really?

Remember the year you got discovered playing street ball? Smh..
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 10,395

Post#84 » by UcanUwill » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:34 pm

I dont like being scared, so I dont play these type of games myself. Even original Bioshock is a bit much for me, never finished that game, my first Bioshock was infinite, and I love that one.

Finished outer worlds, about to try Jedi : Fallen order. I am glad this game doing well in sales, even tho its EA, and EA screw themselves. I remember before this game came out some outlet said, well, if you still think single player games matter, its time to prove to EA by buying this game. And was, F off, we dont own EA jack, nor we need to prove anything by throwing money to EA of all things.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 8,282

Post#85 » by Calinks » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:19 pm

Been hearing good things about Star Wars. Will get it eventually, I have so many unfinished games piled up though. I'm going to have to go knock several of them off before I go buying many more new ones. Fortunately there is going to be a 2-3 month gap before the next wave of great games start to drop. Hoping I can finish up a few games by then. I have beaten maybe one game in the last 2-3 months it seems year have played so many. My current list of games I need to beat are

Outer Worlds
Assassins Creed Odyssey (this game takes forever)
Resident Evil HD
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Shenmue III
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Gears 5

Working on all those right now. Close of Shenmue III and KCD. I also started a new game I pretty much blindly bought on PC. It's called Disco Elysiam. Heard from a couple of people that it's amazing and different, a GOTY contender that's overlooked. I don't play PC games very much but I felt the urge to check it out. Just played about 30 minutes but I'm intrigued.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves