ImageImageImage

I Quit.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

I Quit. 

Post#1 » by urinesane » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:46 am

I've been loyal for way more years than I should have to this sorry excuse for an NBA franchise and I'm done.

I've spent too much time already on this team that will seemingly never be good more than a stretch here or there. A lot of us here are too smart to continue to watch them do the same thing year after year, clinging onto what little hope we can.

Anyway, it's been fun arguing on the internet with you all, but I'm sick of throwing away time on this hobby. The juice ain't worth the squeeze fellas.

Good luck to you all in the future.

Best Regards,
Urinesane
SCTwins
Rookie
And1: 884

Re: I Quit. 

Post#2 » by SCTwins » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 am

Its getting tougher to follow every team we have. Perennial underachieving and choking throughout our history. Especially after 2020, I think a lot of people realized the world goes on without sports and we have refocused our priorities.

I will continue to watch, but my interest is definitely fleeting. I find the game on in the background more and more as I do something else lately.

Even going into the 4th tonight, I just couldn't get into it. Its like you just knew...
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#3 » by TheProdigy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 am

I don't blame you urinesane. I really don't think we have a chance of winning anything meaningful as long as Glen Taylor owns the franchise. I've been watching this team operate for too long. The writing was on the wall in that one draft when we had to sell draft picks in order to recoup the losses from firing Rambis. Being a fan of a sports team is somewhat irrational to begin with. It's completely irrational to pull for a team with ownership that isn't 100% committed to winning.

Not only that, but I really don't like the way this roster is constructed. As a coach, I probably value the defensive end more than most on here. It is downright painful watching our two max contract players absolutely suck on defense. The KG years seem so long ago.

I'm still intrigued by Edwards but I'm probably going to check out until Red McCombs, ahem, I mean Glen Taylor is gone. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,543

Post#4 » by WolfAddict » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:35 am

I get the frustration brother, I really do, but don't make any rash decisions yet. Go and do something you enjoy doing to take your mind off it and come back with a clear head - I'd hate to lose you for the good times bro
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#5 » by Neeva » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:16 am

Me too I feel the bad vibes through out this team, no chemistry and Saunders sucks. Rosas has to go. I wish the team luck keeping the top 3 pick and then getting a huge haul when KAT finally asks out. Hopefully the wolves get their pick back from GS for KAT, I may be back then.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#6 » by Rookie-Mistake » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 am

I completely understand.

All the best! This franchise absolutely stinks at the moment. I made my comments known on the Glen Taylor thread.

Your views reinforce my thoughts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,455

Post#7 » by Foye » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:13 am

You know I have gotten so much smack on here in recent years for saying they need to blow everything up...new owner, new coach, new team except for Culver, Wiseman (well that didn't turn out well) and maybe Okogie. This current mess was so predictable.

There is no hope for this team. The management and coaching are terrible, the supposed "stars" are stat-padders and the rest of the squad is barely nba caliber. Not even going to start talking about Beasley getting that contract. Mind-blowing.

Can definitely understand that you do not want to be emotionally invested into this team (if you can even call it like that) anymore.
At least stay around and post every once in a while.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#8 » by Sugarless » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:11 am

urinesane wrote:I've been loyal for way more years than I should have to this sorry excuse for an NBA franchise and I'm done.

I've spent too much time already on this team that will seemingly never be good more than a stretch here or there. A lot of us here are too smart to continue to watch them do the same thing year after year, clinging onto what little hope we can.

Anyway, it's been fun arguing on the internet with you all, but I'm sick of throwing away time on this hobby. The juice ain't worth the squeeze fellas.

Best Regards,
Urinesane

For as much as people take pride in being fans of a team and how much they value misplaced 'loyalty', there's no real merit to it. If it's not worth the time or the money you absolutely do well by cutting ties with the franchise. We're here to enjoy things, not to suffer watching an incompetent team that plays some of the worst, ugliest basketball one can remember. It's not about winning or losing, it's just about the product being worth that time, that money, that emotional investment. Have fun with your time, enjoy watching other teams, other sports, or just doing something different altogether, and come back when you want to, if you want to.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,762

Post#9 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:05 pm

There simply isn't enough time in the day to dedicate 2+ hours to watching this franchise. KAT clearly is NOT capable of being a true #1 on a winning team but this certainly isn't his fault. Could we trade KAT? Sure. Could we get good assets back in the trade? Sure. Would it really matter? No. This franchise repeatedly bombs at drafting, developing players and attracting FA's.

More importantly, the NBA in general is now unwatchable for me. No defense, 3's being jacked up from everywhere, no physical play allowed, "stars" getting preferential treatment from the Refs and an overall sense of entitlement from players today make the league unenjoyable. If the NBA believes they are going to be able to sustain their plummeting ratings when only 3-5 fan bases even have a remote chance to compete for the Title when the season starts every year then they better hire a new VP of Marketing.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,652

Post#10 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:16 pm

I completely understand you. Not even a month into the season, and I'm asking myself why the **** I re-upped on league pass for this complete and utter farce.

Damn you KG for making me a fan of this dumpster fire.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#11 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:40 pm

When YoutubeTV first dropped FSN, I dropped YoutubeTV. I haven't given up on the Wolves or stopped following, I've just quit watching them live. If they win or it's a competitive game I have my ways to go back and watch it again. Saves money, spares the relationship with the Mrs. Klomp, and allows me to enjoy what I want when I want.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#12 » by Krapinsky » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:40 pm

urinesane wrote:I've been loyal for way more years than I should have to this sorry excuse for an NBA franchise and I'm done.

Best Regards,
Urinesane

We've all been there, but yet we always come crawling back. See you at the trade deadline 8-)
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Sephiroth
Senior
And1: 88

Post#13 » by Sephiroth » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:51 pm

Losing that last game to Memphis was the final nail in the coffin, the last straw, the final verdict, the Last Dance, the Final Cut Pro, the Final Fantasy, the last time I’m wasting time on this franchise until we get some competitive players, competent personnel, and a new owner.

I’m done, too.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,359

Post#14 » by younggunsmn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:14 am

Well I picked a good time to have a new baby.
I don't have time to watch much of anything, and I don't even miss having FSN or Hulu LiveTV (that may change when baseball starts up). When I have time I catch the 8-10 minute game replay on the NBA's youtube channel and that's as much as I can stomach usually. If you need to come down slowly off your Wolves addiction, I recommend watching those after a game.

I hate the way the league overall has been trending, with superbestfriends and superteams, officiating everything for offense and for superstars, to the game devolving into 3 point chuckfests.
But I'd watch the wolves if they were good, because I've been following them since I was a little boy, since they played in the dome and my heroes were pooh richardson and tony campbell and brad lohaus and I'd mimic the action on my nerf hoop while listening to the game on the radio. And it wasn't a trade me drama soap opera or political movement, it was the pure joy of athletics. That team sucked. And I loved it.

But this is a sad sad (perhaps the saddest in all of pro sports) franchise and the current state of it is just a pileup of bad decisions.
We hired Rosas, who copied a system from a team that just got blown up because they couldn't win with that system.
We hired Ryan Saunders as a feel good story and as a "players coach" who has been completely unable to hold any of his best players accountable for bad defense or selfish play, or at all change that culture or teach ONE talented player defense.
We mortgaged the future to bring in a superbestfriend for our supersensitive superstar.
The problem is that Russell just isn't that good, and he's one of the worst defensive players I've ever seen (and metrics back up the eye test). Doogie is right when he says many teams in the league just don't think he's that good or worth the max contract.

We set up a touchy feely front office to make our #1 pick by committee, and ended up with the worst of 4 choices (the 4th being trade down). We traded #33 in a draft full of rotation bigs to trade up and take a 20 year old who can't shoot or crack a Euroleague rotation.

We have 2 guards who can defend but can't shoot. We have 2 guards who can shoot but can't slash or play a lick of defense, and a #1 pick who can slash but can't shoot.

Our roster has less talent than most teams. But the way it's constructed makes us so much worse than our talent level.
So many redundant pieces. Such a lack of size and physicality on the interior.
Two PG's with completely different skillsets needing to share the court.
Look at Memphis. Their 2 best players out and one legit NBA starter on the floor.
But they always kick our butts because their roster is well constructed and they have a good coach.

I guess if you are looking for silver linings:
I expect Rubio to be better as time goes on.
Beasley looks to have improved as a scorer.
Naz looks decent as a backup big.
McDaniels and Vanderbilt have shown flashes.
I think they need more run. Layman and Juancho need to sit.
McLaughlin showed real promise as a backup PG last year. So to aid in his development we traded for Rubio (who we can't even find minutes for because superbestfriend doesnt like sharing the floor with him) to push him to 3rd string.
kidfozzy
Junior
And1: 151

Post#15 » by kidfozzy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:01 am

I’m ready for a Cade Cunningham/Anthony Edwards backcourt.

So yea, I’m a Wolves fan for another season.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Post#16 » by minimus » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:59 am

I’m done, too. I still love this team, but I don't want to read all these negative posts about MIN. I have enough of this in real life. So I will not post any long post here on this board. It requires time, and now as we are expecting our fourth child, I've opted out to create and support/promote my own telegram channel (+podcast) dedicated to MIN. Obviously, it is in Russian, so I can save some time, writing in my mother language.

Stay healthy and safe MIN brotherhood!
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#17 » by Jedzz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:16 am

kidfozzy wrote:I’m ready for a Cade Cunningham/Anthony Edwards backcourt.

So yea, I’m a Wolves fan for another season.

:lol: Another point. :lol:

Yes, you are ready for another Timberwolves season.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#18 » by packforfreedom » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:07 pm

minimus wrote:I’m done, too. I still love this team, but I don't want to read all these negative posts about MIN. I have enough of this in real life. So I will not post any long post here on this board. It requires time, and now as we are expecting our fourth child, I've opted out to create and support/promote my own telegram channel (+podcast) dedicated to MIN. Obviously, it is in Russian, so I can save some time, writing in my mother language.

Stay healthy and safe MIN brotherhood!

Please think about. Just try to post less and don't take the negativity personal. All of us want this team to succeed and all of us have seen so much failure with this franchise. I agree that some posters take it too far lately, but I try to ignore them.
Or maybe just take a break and come back soon, because your posting will be greatly missed.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#19 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:12 pm

With all respect but you guys are the ones that create too many expectations for such a poor roster in terms of star potential and how poor constructed the roster is.

We are in big trouble if...

If you´re star duo is KAT-Dlo to begin.
If youre big three is KAT-Dlo-Beasley moving forward.
If you go to a season with Layman and Juancho taking the minutes in PF position.
If you go to the next 2 seasons without any cap flexibility.
If you go to a season with such an unbalanced roster without your own pick secured.

Negativism was to call this right now. After it happens. But this was too predictable.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,455

Post#20 » by Foye » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:15 pm

mercgold3 wrote:With all respect but you guys are the ones that create too many expectations for such a poor roster in terms of star potential and how poor constructed the roster is.

We are in big trouble if...

If you´re star duo is KAT-Dlo to begin.
If youre big three is KAT-Dlo-Beasley moving forward.
If you go to a season with Layman and Juancho taking the minutes in PF position.
If you go to the next 2 seasons without any cap flexibility.
If you go to a season with such an unbalanced roster without your own pick secured.

Negativism was to call this right now. After it happens. But this was too predictable.

Not much they can do anymore except adding proven vets other teams want to get rid of. That will mean taking on additional bad salary, though. Might improve the record a little, might catch an 8th seed once or twice but that's about it. Build as a treadmill team, will die as a treadmill team.

I give it another year max. until KAT wants out. You can already see his frustration in the post game videos talking about "player driven losses". Management can then sell him below his market value and start over with draft picks in 2022/23.

And yeah, you and I predicted this development a long time ago. I even suggested they should trade KAT over a year ago to get out of the treadmill cycle.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves