ImageImageImage

Timberwolves sign Jake Layman (sign-and-trade w/Portland)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

gandlogo
Junior
And1: 375

Re: Timberwolves sign Jake Layman (sign-and-trade w/Portland) 

Post#101 » by gandlogo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:58 am

Jedzz wrote:
shrink wrote:She sounds hideous.

wut?

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#103 » by Jedzz » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:46 pm

I miss too much of life avoiding commercials and just slaving. Thanks for sharing.
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 375

Post#104 » by gandlogo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Jedzz wrote:I miss too much of life avoiding commercials and just slaving. Thanks for sharing.

I miss too much of life avoiding work and just making pop culture references.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#105 » by Jedzz » Sat Feb 1, 2020 1:21 am

Jake Layman. Just take your Chase Budinger collect a check injury act on the road out of this state. We all know you have nothing but time on your hands to read all the places on the internet your name comes up while you nurse a turf toe for 6 months.

Never was there such a quiet player that corresponded so much with the demise of a season than this guy going out this year. It seems to have destroyed everything. Everything must have hinged on his skills. But there is seemingly no urgency in returning him to the court. What gives? I give up.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,085

Post#106 » by thinktank » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:16 pm

It’s called tanking.

It shouldn’t surprise me that so many Wolves fans can’t tell.
KAT in the 2024 playoffs: 19.1, 9.0, 2.6 on 46.6 / 36.1 / 85.5.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,645

Post#107 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 1, 2020 8:14 pm

8-6 with him.
7-26 without him.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#108 » by Jedzz » Mon Feb 3, 2020 5:05 am

thinktank wrote:It’s called tanking.

Tanking for what exactly?

They have 5 too many shooting guards, most of which can't really help at SF and aren't great at shooting.
They have 4 too many Bigs, they only want one for Center and it's already filled by an oversized PF longterm.
They have 2 PGs and no depth beyond that.
Already over cap.

What are they going to draft with a high draft pick in 2020 that is going to solve this mess? A PG? I sure hope he shoots like Lillard to make up for all the non-shooters here. Or are they going to trade a top 5 pick for Dlo? Even the Warriors only traded a 2025 SRP for him. Think they care if our pick is a #7 or a #11 to make that deal? They can find Currys and Thompsons in that range. They are also possibly going to trade their own #1 or #2 overall plus Dlo to get a real star player anyway. Or maybe they will accept Towns. Cherishing the future of tank after tank after tank.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 3, 2020 8:03 am

Jedzz wrote:

They have 5 too many shooting guards, most of which can't really help at SF and aren't great at shooting.
They have 4 too many Bigs, they only want one for Center and it's already filled by an oversized PF longterm.
Already over cap.

What are they going to draft with a high draft pick in 2020 that is going to solve this mess? A PG? I sure hope he shoots like Lillard to make up for all the non-shooters here. Or are they going to trade a top 5 pick for Dlo? Even the Warriors only traded a 2025 SRP for him. Think they care if our pick is a #7 or a #11 to make that deal? They can find Currys and Thompsons in that range. They are also possibly going to trade their own #1 or #2 overall plus Dlo to get a real star player anyway. Or maybe they will accept Towns. Cherishing the future of tank after tank after tank.

Sometimes it's important to remember contract status and remember that guys on the team aren't guaranteed to be on the team next year.

Five too many SGs? I barely even count 5 on the roster.
Four too many bigs? Remember contracts. Bell and Vonleh likely won't be back next year, at this rate.
Two PGs? One is on an expiring contract and the other is on a two-way contract.

And people wonder why the team is so bad? This team is bare bones. There's not much here. What are they going to draft? Most anything will help. Won't automatically make us a contender, but it's another step on the journey to get there.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

thinktank
Analyst

Post#110 » by thinktank » Mon Feb 3, 2020 12:37 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Already over cap.

Sometimes it's important to remember contract status and remember that guys on the team aren't guaranteed to be on the team next year.

Four too many bigs? Remember contracts. Bell and Vonleh likely won't be back next year, at this rate.

And people wonder why the team is so bad? This team is bare bones. There's not much here. What are they going to draft? Most anything will help. Won't automatically make us a contender, but it's another step on the journey to get there.

Exactly. We’re not good. Tanking for what? Better and cheaper players.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,029

Post#111 » by Dewey » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:17 pm

thinktank wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Already over cap.

We're like a jeep with no radio running on 4 spare tires ... with 4 more in the back low on air
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
thinktank
Analyst

Post#112 » by thinktank » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:04 pm

Exactly. The first step in getting help is admitting we have a problem.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#113 » by Jedzz » Mon Feb 3, 2020 11:28 pm

thinktank wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Already over cap.

Just prolonging the losing, giving up on trying to put your current players in their best position to get you wins now, and possibly become solutions for you long term once you realize it.

This team will never, ever, ever have 5 first round pick players starting and winning all built from the draft. Most of our high picks are busts as it is and makes this thought silly. Blowing 5 stinking years trying to build such things and expect the rest of the roster to hold over that time it just plain nuts. It just doesn't pay to purposely tank yourself this bad for the best pick unless you see Lebron waiting on the other end. Any picks are possible to be star players. I just gave you the #7 and #11 examples. People have to stop hunting for the top 3 picks.

Last year we threw away usable rotation talent in order to go up from 11 to 6 and we ended up with another questionmark that will take developing and crossing fingers. So we made the team worse for nothing more than an imaginary greater odds of a better player in the draft. When it's not a singular great this team needs anyway. It needs a TEAM of players in their best role, familair with the system, and playing their best because they feel the team trusts them and wants them in this hunt for wins.

Looking at the roster and saying..."we aren't keeping any of these scrubs so why bother," isn't going to help you build a team in the next decade. So we have to try to develop some of these guys into rotational or even starting winners while we continue your plan of one pick at a time building. The Wolves probably also have to look at other options, such as being more active about trading players and assembling more picks. Maybe trading down even if they are at pick 7 in order to gain another. Anything to speed up the building of this thing into a winner faster.
ESPOMAN
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#114 » by ESPOMAN » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:10 pm

He is probable tonight!
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#115 » by Jedzz » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:30 am

Once he's back the system goes back into play and they win out from here! Towns might even decide to join in again. March Christmas!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:25 am

Jedzz wrote:Once he's back the system goes back into play and they win out from here! Towns might even decide to join in again. March Christmas!

Win out? Way to set the expectations so unrealistically high that you know you'll be able to bash Jake, Ryan and Gersson when they're not met..... :lol:

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#117 » by Jedzz » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:15 am

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Once he's back the system goes back into play and they win out from here! Towns might even decide to join in again. March Christmas!

Win out? Way to set the expectations so unrealistically high that you know you'll be able to bash Jake, Ryan and Gersson when they're not met..... :lol:

yeah that's what I was doing there. : : Nailed it

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves