ImageImageImage

MIN/PHI Rumor from both yahoo and ESPN

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Re: MIN/PHI Rumor from both yahoo and ESPN 

Post#101 » by kandiking » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:47 am

cpfsf wrote:http://www.rakemag.com/blogs/ball/2008/07/a-minor-but-smart-move-by-the-wolves

Carney and Booth make about $2.8 million combined. I've been told by a good authority within the Wolves organization that Philadelphia is likely paying Glen Taylor all but $500,000 of that. Since both players can come off the books the year after this one (Carney has a team option; Booth's deal will expire), the Wolves bought Utah's first round pick next year for a half million bucks (and whatever the teams agree on for Minnesota's end of the bargain).

F**K YEAH, F*CK YEAH.

TITLETOWN 2011 :rockon: :rockon:
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#102 » by casey » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:57 am

Tirion wrote:
casey wrote:The more I think about it the more I don't like it. It's getting sad how little McHale values 2nd round picks. First he sells one with the Chalmers deal, and now he just gives another one away. Inexcusable.

casey is trolling his own board now, nice!
I remember how portland fans used to come here, talking major trash about Wolves, our FO and KG and now it looks like they finally converted casey!

Either that or some people have a very difficult time picking up on sarcasm.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#103 » by Tirion » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:05 am

casey wrote:
Tirion wrote:
casey wrote:The more I think about it the more I don't like it. It's getting sad how little McHale values 2nd round picks. First he sells one with the Chalmers deal, and now he just gives another one away. Inexcusable.

casey is trolling his own board now, nice!
I remember how portland fans used to come here, talking major trash about Wolves, our FO and KG and now it looks like they finally converted casey!

Either that or some people have a very difficult time picking up on sarcasm.

Either that or you've realized how stupid that little remark of yours was and trying to backpedal some.
Really though, even if it was sarcasm, it's still trolling, something that the kinds of netforce and cevap's would do.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#104 » by deeney0 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:15 am

When did it become hate on casey season? We can have debates without name calling. There's nothing trolling about his statement, even if you don't pick up on the sarcasm. Hyperbole, sure, but trolling? Come on.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,903

Post#105 » by Calinks » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:30 am

What makes you guys think Carney has a Green like basketball IQ?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#106 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:34 am

Yea im all for poking fun at casey being an undercover brother for portland, but it may be getting out of hand.

As for the deal, we came up sick this time around.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#107 » by Tirion » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:48 am

deeney0 wrote:When did it become hate on casey season? We can have debates without name calling. There's nothing trolling about his statement, even if you don't pick up on the sarcasm. Hyperbole, sure, but trolling? Come on.

what? i'm not hating on anybody, just pointing out the obvious. posting outrageous/stupid stuff to provoke others = trolling. And to clarify I didn't call him a troll, cause he's obviously not, but that remark was something out of a troll's arsenal.
MVP4LIFE
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#108 » by MVP4LIFE » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:10 am

Great news. Very good deal for us. Understandable from a Sixers' pov. They got Brand. Carney is a great player to add to our team. I think he could be a starter for us. Does this mean that both Gomes and Smith could see less minutes or won't be back at all?
"Watching his work ethic, his dedication and, again, his passion that he brings every single day. It's something that I've looked at and said that if I had to design a NBA player, I'd first design him with the heart of Kevin Garnett." Jet
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#109 » by Tirion » Wed Jul 9, 2008 6:35 am

MVP4LIFE wrote:Great news. Very good deal for us. Understandable from a Sixers' pov. They got Brand.

I'm starting to think that Brand is a KG's copycat. First KG played with Cassell, got in WCF and had a MVP season, then Brand played with Cassell, got in 2nd round and had a MVP-like season. Last year KG left West and joined Celtics hoping to became a contender in a weak East, now Brand bolted from LA to join 76's, hoping to became a contender too. If history repeats itself Philly will reach WCF next season and lose to Celtics.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,762

Post#110 » by Basti » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:29 am

so which story is true? buying the utah 2009 first rounder or the top15 protected pick as someone mentioned?

btw: you should know Casey enough now to know that he is very sarcastic ;) to me it was pretty obvious ;)
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#111 » by Tirion » Wed Jul 9, 2008 11:20 am

just throwing it outthere:

sign and trade iggy for miller+filler? makes sense for both teams.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 771

Post#112 » by karch34 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 1:59 pm

Tirion wrote:just throwing it outthere:

I would. But I don't see where that makes sense for Philly if you sign Brand. You could say Miller is more proven, but Iggy is closer to stardom.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,762

Post#113 » by Basti » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:02 pm

karch34 wrote:

I would. But I don't see where that makes sense for Philly if you sign Brand. You could say Miller is more proven, but Iggy is closer to stardom.

they desperately need a shooter. what about Miller + McCants for Iggy?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#114 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jul 9, 2008 2:16 pm

are you guys ready for the 70 foot outlet to Carney for a pullup 3 all up in your mix?

follow up question, do you get assists on inbounds passes? if so, I expect 8-10 assists a game from K Love in that manner
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#115 » by Tirion » Wed Jul 9, 2008 3:48 pm

karch34 wrote:

1. They desperately need a shooter to spread the floor with Brand.
2. Iggy is a restricted free agent and if somebody offers him a big fat contract Philly could be hesitant to match it and could lose him for nothing.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#116 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:08 pm

Calinks3 wrote:What makes you guys think Carney has a Green like basketball IQ?

He doesn't, the difference between HS player and a 4 year player at a high level college is night and day.

But they share similar weaknesses and strengths, so its the easy comparison to make. Difference is defense. Carney tries on defense and he has the athleticism to make plays.

But then my opinion might be skewed because I was kinda obsessed w/ Carney coming out of college and I think if he got a good opportunity to build up his confidence he could be a very nice 2 way player.

I really hope he stays; not really sure how the depth chart will go, but I can see him beating out a lot of the competition in training camp.
sheefo13
Junior
And1: 79

Post#117 » by sheefo13 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:16 pm

So I am hoping Carney will be over in time to join the summer league team?
www.timberrebuilder.com
Like on Facebook, twitter, & Instagram @timberrebuilder
Rebuilding Wolves Fandom since 2004.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#118 » by casey » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:06 pm

deeney0 wrote:When did it become hate on casey season? We can have debates without name calling. There's nothing trolling about his statement, even if you don't pick up on the sarcasm. Hyperbole, sure, but trolling? Come on.

You know the saying. In Minnesota there are only two seasons: winter and casey-hating.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 771

Post#119 » by karch34 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:14 pm

I always love when Casey-hating season rolls around.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#120 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:37 pm

So the official deal (via wiretap) is Carney, Booth, the Utah pick and cash for the TPE and a protected 2nd round pick in 2010.

Easily a win-win since the 6ers got their guy too. But just looking at this deal we easily won

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves