ImageImageImage

Officlal Prospect thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Re: Officlal Prospect thread 

Post#1341 » by AQuintus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Danimals wrote:I want two top picks again this year. I want them used on two of Turner, Favors, Aminu, Johnson, or Aldrich- in that order.

Sessions, Ellington, Gomes, Hollins, Jefferson, Pekovic, CHA or UTH picks, and capspace should all be on the table one way or another. If we trade our capspace, I only want it traded for guys on the last year of their deal if at all possible.

That's pretty much my draft fantasy too.

I was thinking Jefferson for Prince + Det Pick and Pekovic + Det Pick for Favors. Then Turner with our pick, a resigned Darko, and some minimum salary players to fill the roster would be the perfect off season.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#1342 » by Esohny » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:13 am

AQuintus wrote:
Danimals wrote:I want two top picks again this year. I want them used on two of Turner, Favors, Aminu, Johnson, or Aldrich- in that order.

Sessions, Ellington, Gomes, Hollins, Jefferson, Pekovic, CHA or UTH picks, and capspace should all be on the table one way or another. If we trade our capspace, I only want it traded for guys on the last year of their deal if at all possible.

That's pretty much my draft fantasy too.

I was thinking Jefferson for Prince + Det Pick and Pekovic + Det Pick for Favors. Then Turner with our pick, a resigned Darko, and some minimum salary players to fill the roster would be the perfect off season.

Especially if we drafted Paul George later in the 1st round and let him come off the bench behind Prince for a year.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#1343 » by horaceworthy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Don't believe it, at least not yet. If in 2 months, he's still saying he's going to stay, then their might be something to it.

It's tough to ignore, since I don't think JTIII's lost a player to the NBA before their junior season. Hibbert's draft stock even seemed to take a pretty nice hit in the process. You're right that it's just words right now, and we still have to wait and see, but given where Monroe's at, it's tough to say there's not at least a little something to it.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#1344 » by Vindicater » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:01 am

horaceworthy wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Don't believe it, at least not yet. If in 2 months, he's still saying he's going to stay, then their might be something to it.

It's tough to ignore, since I don't think JTIII's lost a player to the NBA before their junior season. Hibbert's draft stock even seemed to take a pretty nice hit in the process. You're right that it's just words right now, and we still have to wait and see, but given where Monroe's at, it's tough to say there's not at least a little something to it.

Iverson?
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#1345 » by Krapinsky » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:37 am

Vindicater wrote:
horaceworthy wrote:

Iverson?

huh?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,541

Post#1346 » by Klomp » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:00 am

Vindicater wrote:Iverson?

I don't think John Thompson III was coaching Georgetown in '96. Actually, I know he wasn't, because he was an assistant at Princeton at the time......
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,111
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#1347 » by cpfsf » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:41 am

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolve ... page=2&c=y

Rambis' offseason work is beginning early. He and basketball operations president David Kahn watched Kentucky and lottery prospects John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins in New Orleans on Saturday and plan to catch Ohio State's Evan Turner and Georgia Tech's Derrick Favors in Milwaukee Sunday after that morning's Target Center practice.

Why do people need to send scouts to games? I mean you can watch it online like all us normal people do.

Guess he won't be watching Kansas :lol:

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1348 » by Klomp » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:48 am

cpfsf wrote:http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/88740167.html?page=2&c=y

Rambis' offseason work is beginning early. He and basketball operations president David Kahn watched Kentucky and lottery prospects John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins in New Orleans on Saturday and plan to catch Ohio State's Evan Turner and Georgia Tech's Derrick Favors in Milwaukee Sunday after that morning's Target Center practice.

Why do people need to send scouts to games? I mean you can watch it online like all us normal people do.

Guess he won't be watching Kansas :lol:

When you are scouting a player, you can see a lot more when you are at the game, rather than in person...
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#1349 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Well they went to the games to watch Beasley and came away convinced he'd be a franchise 4 in the league..I watched Kansas St. on TV only and came away convinced he was a 6'7 tweener who would struggle big-time in the NBA.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1350 » by Klomp » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Sid the Squid wrote:Well they went to the games to watch Beasley and came away convinced he'd be a franchise 4 in the league..I watched Kansas St. on TV only and came away convinced he was a 6'7 tweener who would struggle big-time in the NBA.

That was also a different front office team. Most NBA scouts had written Milicic off as a bust too.

Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#1351 » by Krapinsky » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Turner is just unbelievably good.

PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 78

Post#1352 » by PeeDee » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:36 pm

Wes Johnson took that game over today. #3 prospect on my board.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#1353 » by The J Rocka » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm

HUGE concern with Turner and the turnovers
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1354 » by Klomp » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:43 pm

J_Era_3 wrote:HUGE concern with Turner and the turnovers

I'm not sure. He is basically the only ballhandler, and teams are trying to attack him. In the NBA, he won't be asked to hold the ball so long, and you will see those numbers drop a lot.

horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#1355 » by horaceworthy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:50 pm

I doubt Turner will be asked to break the press all by his lonesome in the NBA as much as he is in college.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#1356 » by Krapinsky » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Klomp wrote:
J_Era_3 wrote:HUGE concern with Turner and the turnovers

I'm not sure. He is basically the only ballhandler, and teams are trying to attack him. In the NBA, he won't be asked to hold the ball so long, and you will see those numbers drop a lot.

Yeah, quite the opposite. not a concern at all really.

prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

I like Evan Turner but, ..................... 

Post#1357 » by prefuse73 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:05 pm

can somebody please explain why he gets so many turnovers. I feel he will actually be a decent 3pt shooter (he just doesnt take many) so the turnovers are the only thing that really worries me. Do you think its a function of him being the only "player" on the team and is forcing the action too much or is it a fundamental issue?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,630

Post#1358 » by Worm Guts » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:07 pm

It's a concern to me, at least a small one. When Turner's bad he looks excessively ball dominant and turnover prone. He obviously looks great most of the time though.
allweneedisLOVE
Banned User
And1: 26

Re: I like Evan Turner but, ..................... 

Post#1359 » by allweneedisLOVE » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:08 pm

He handles the ball for 40 minutes against a full court press and double teams. He won't be a PG in the NBA.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,275

Re: I like Evan Turner but, ..................... 

Post#1360 » by GopherIt! » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:17 pm

too many turnovers, we should draft Ryan Wittman instead.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves