ImageImageImage

Who should the Wolves take at #7? Survey Says...

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Who should the Wolves take at 7?

Isaac
55%
Markkanen
15%
Smith
11%
Monk
6%
Collins
4%
Ntilikina
5%
Anunoby
4%

Total votes: 137

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: Who should the Wolves take at #7? Survey Says... 

Post#141 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:06 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:I take Isaac and run if he's there. Looking less likely thatll happen.

Maarkkanen is intriguing next to KAT, and the rise of Zinger in NY has given me new hope of 7 foot euros coming over and competing in the NBA.

I dont really want to take a PG unless we're drafting one for someone(chicago) and we're getting Butler.

Yeah, but for every Zinger, we have 50 Darko's. Not a big fan of the euro players, and I see him as soft. I'd pass.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#142 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:15 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:I take Isaac and run if he's there. Looking less likely thatll happen.

Maarkkanen is intriguing next to KAT, and the rise of Zinger in NY has given me new hope of 7 foot euros coming over and competing in the NBA.

I dont really want to take a PG unless we're drafting one for someone(chicago) and we're getting Butler.

Yeah, but for every Zinger, we have 50 Darko's. Not a big fan of the euro players, and I see him as soft. I'd pass.

True. But at least LM has a proven jump shot. Not sure what Darko was good at coming into the league.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#143 » by ace625214 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:32 am

Darko was good at just about everything coming into the league. He was a phenomenal prospect. He never lacked for skills or athleticism, it was his partying and lack of caring that sunk his career.
stra0448
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#144 » by stra0448 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:28 pm

If Isaac is gone the obvious choice is Monk. He's a way better prospect than Markannen. I think these mock drafts that have the Wolves taking Markannen are just trying to give hope to the Knicks fanbase that they will get a quality player even though they have the #8 pick. Monk is way more exciting to NY than Dennis Smith or Frank N.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Re: RE: Re: Who should the Wolves take at #7? Survey Says... 

Post#145 » by TheDominator273 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:45 pm

stra0448 wrote:If Isaac is gone the obvious choice is Monk. He's a way better prospect than Markannen. I think these mock drafts that have the Wolves taking Markannen are just trying to give hope to the Knicks fanbase that they will get a quality player even though they have the #8 pick. Monk is way more exciting to NY than Dennis Smith or Frank N.

Where is Monk going to get minutes? He doesn't create for others well enough to play point with the bench and with Dunn looking like a better 2 than a point and LaVine and Wiggins both getting minutes at the 2 there's no room for Monk.
stra0448
Freshman
And1: 40

Re: RE: Re: Who should the Wolves take at #7? Survey Says... 

Post#146 » by stra0448 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:26 pm

lbj273 wrote:
stra0448 wrote:If Isaac is gone the obvious choice is Monk. He's a way better prospect than Markannen. I think these mock drafts that have the Wolves taking Markannen are just trying to give hope to the Knicks fanbase that they will get a quality player even though they have the #8 pick. Monk is way more exciting to NY than Dennis Smith or Frank N.

Where is Monk going to get minutes? He doesn't create for others well enough to play point with the bench and with Dunn looking like a better 2 than a point and LaVine and Wiggins both getting minutes at the 2 there's no room for Monk.
I agree, he's not really a fit, but he's a way better player than Markannen, or really anyone else at #7. The Wolves could maybe trade the pick to somebody who needs him more. Wiggins should be playing SF, and if Shabazz Muhammad leaves MIN Monk could get some time. I'd like to see the insane speed of a small-ball lineup of Towns/Wiggins/LaVine/Monk/Rubio.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,495

Post#147 » by Foye » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:20 am

Out of all the players that could realistically be available I think my big board is like this:

1. Ntilikina - more a SG than a PG for me, will be an elite defender at the 1-3 with his wingspan. Would allow us to give Wiggins a breather at times, meaning Wiggins doesn't have to face the opponents best winger on D every night. Exactly what we need.
T-2. Tatum - I like his fit next to Wiggins, would allow us to play Wiggins at the 2. Also creates instant matchup problems for opponents. Passing/playmaking and defense seems an issue, though.
T-2. Isaac - more defensive potential than Tatum, not as polished on offense, though.
4. Smith - due to torn ACL already ranked a bit lower.
5. Monk - terrible fit and I see Jamal Crawford at best, plus we already got LaVine.
6. Markkanen - we shouldn't opt for best case Ryan Anderson in a strong draft
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#148 » by stinger14 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Would Wolves fans do #7 for #11 and Marvin Williams?
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#149 » by wildvikeswolves » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:07 pm

stinger14 wrote:Would Wolves fans do #7 for #11 and Marvin Williams?

No way
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#150 » by stinger14 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:25 pm

wildvikeswolves wrote:
stinger14 wrote:Would Wolves fans do #7 for #11 and Marvin Williams?

No way

What if a future top ten protected first was added

What about MKG and 11
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#151 » by minimus » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:14 pm

One thing is clear for me: we need PF/SF who can attack and defend in modern NBA and won't get this type player in these draft. All other positions are stacked:
C- KAT/Dieng
PF - Dieng/???
SF - ???/Wiggins
SG - Wiggins/LaVine
PG - Rubio/Dunn/Jones

That is #1 priority by far. I think Thibs understands it. NBA finals, playoff showed the importance of quality players/stars at SF. However, it is hard to see any of top draft prospect at SF falling to us at #7. It looks like our FO tries to not hurt the value of our trade assets, they will try to draft BPA. I like Batum, Harrison Barnes as trade targets, but I think that CHA and DAL understand the value of these players. POR and TOR might be willing to trade their pick + bad contracts for nothing. This scenario is very possible. I like this variant too if we get DeMarre Caroll or Evan Turner + OG/Justin Jackson.

It is very interesting time to be a Wolves fan. I expect many rumors, unexpected things around our team.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,645

Post#152 » by Klomp » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Do you take Lonzo if he's there at #7?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,645

Post#153 » by Klomp » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Do you take Lonzo if he's there at #7?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 2,019

Post#154 » by Sugarless » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Lonzo is not going to be there at 7 (Lakers, Suns, Kings and Magic passing on him? No way), but of course you take him if he is. That's a no brainer.

Makes perfect sense coming off the bench with his shooting and passing ability next to Dunn, and he could be the guy to take over the starting PG job if / when Ricky leaves.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,917

Post#155 » by theGreatRC » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:42 pm

Klomp wrote:Do you take Lonzo if he's there at #7?

Ball is seen the same way Rubio was seen when he first came into the league; Jason Kidd type of big guard that can help a team win without having to dominate the scoring column.

I'd love Ball at #7, that's tremendous value. You can even take him and flip him to another team.

That's just not happening though, he won't fall past SAC at 5. That team needs the media circus that is Lonzo to create buzz for them
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#156 » by Krapinsky » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:52 am

The odds of Ball going 7 are about the same as Hayward signing here for the vet minimum
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves