ImageImageImage

Officlal Prospect thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Re: Officlal Prospect thread 

Post#1401 » by horaceworthy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:44 pm

I've only named a 17/3/3 guy, and had the good sense to add the poor man's qualifier on top of that. Seems less ridiculous than a 27/7/5 guy, or a guy flirting with 20/5/5 his rookie year.

He's nowhere near the across the board contributor that Wade is, and he isn't the caliber athlete or slasher that Wade, Evans, or even Gordon is. He's got a chance to be a good player, I just don't see the similarity to Wade.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,674

Post#1402 » by jpatrick » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:09 pm

I've only seen one full game of his but after watching some more video I have a "draft crush" on Vesely. He's 6'10" or 6'`11",skinny but looks like he can put on some good weight, can jump out of the gym (at least by Euro standards), and has a money jumper with 3 point range. Once he gets over here for workouts I bet his stock goes up and he goes top 10. I think if a team is willing to leave him in Europe for a year, they'll have a serious player on their hands.

The only thing I don't like is I have no idea what kind of handle he has. The game I watched him team basically didn't let him iso and dribble at all. From what I've seen I think he's more SF than PF if he shows that he can stay in front of NBA SFs.

Anyone with me and want to trade up from the Charlotte pick to grab this guy?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,540

Post#1403 » by Klomp » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:16 pm

WOW

Wall is a lot faster than I remember
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,274

Post#1404 » by GopherIt! » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:42 am

and a worse shooter. I was looking great in the pick 'em until Wall & Co. busted my bracket today. :evil:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,540

Post#1405 » by Klomp » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 am

GopherIt! wrote:and a worse shooter. I was looking great in the pick 'em until Wall & Co. busted my bracket today. :evil:

The right side of my bracket is golden. The left side......................not so much
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,491

Post#1406 » by Foye » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:29 am

jpatrick wrote:I've only seen one full game of his but after watching some more video I have a "draft crush" on Vesely. He's 6'10" or 6'`11",skinny but looks like he can put on some good weight, can jump out of the gym (at least by Euro standards), and has a money jumper with 3 point range. Once he gets over here for workouts I bet his stock goes up and he goes top 10. I think if a team is willing to leave him in Europe for a year, they'll have a serious player on their hands.

The only thing I don't like is I have no idea what kind of handle he has. The game I watched him team basically didn't let him iso and dribble at all. From what I've seen I think he's more SF than PF if he shows that he can stay in front of NBA SFs.

Anyone with me and want to trade up from the Charlotte pick to grab this guy?

I would. Let him stay in Europe for another season and come over with Rubio.
We could form a European All-Star team then :lol:
Casperkid23
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#1407 » by Casperkid23 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Klomp wrote:No side of my bracket is golden. The left and right side......................not so much

Fixed your quote to describe my bracket.
NBA Draft Fanatic.
horaceworthy
Head Coach

Post#1408 » by horaceworthy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 am

My prospect love for Greg Monroe and Darington Hobson killed my bracket. That and picking UTEP as my Cinderella.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,037

Post#1409 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:49 pm

Aldrich declared today.
moss_is_1
RealGM

Post#1410 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 pm

DX has us taking Elliot Williams from Memphis and looking at his numbers...he shoots alot of fts while being an alright shooter from 3. Says that he is predictable in half court offenses because he has no right hand to use so maybe he could develop into a late stud?
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,111
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#1411 » by cpfsf » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:57 am

:reporter: :reporter: :reporter:

http://www.ktka.com/news/2010/mar/29/aldrich-press-conference-set-330-pm/

Aldrich said he would be attending many individual NBA workouts with teams. He said he hoped he was a lottery pick, and of course, would love to play for his hometown team, the Minnesota Timberwolves.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
moss_is_1
RealGM

Post#1412 » by moss_is_1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:19 pm

I'd love to have Aldrich on our team, but Idk how likely it is unless we can trade up somehow....or if we fall to 3-4-5 and don't like those guys so we trade back to get him.
horaceworthy
Head Coach

Post#1413 » by horaceworthy » Thu Apr 1, 2010 8:02 pm

Potential :rock: :rockon: :rock: moment from DX's twitter:

@clubtrillion is having fun with Ohio State fans on April Fools Day. Evan Turner is not coming back, he already started meeting with agents
moss_is_1
RealGM

Post#1414 » by moss_is_1 » Thu Apr 1, 2010 8:20 pm

horaceworthy wrote:Potential :rock: :rockon: :rock: moment from DX's twitter:

@clubtrillion is having fun with Ohio State fans on April Fools Day. Evan Turner is not coming back, he already started meeting with agents

Is this an april fools joke or for real?lol
horaceworthy
Head Coach

Post#1415 » by horaceworthy » Thu Apr 1, 2010 8:27 pm

Depends on JonG's sense of humor, I suppose.
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#1416 » by Tekkenlaw » Thu Apr 1, 2010 9:09 pm

Evan Turner is a top 2 lock, he's declaring.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,358

Post#1417 » by shrink » Sat Apr 3, 2010 1:12 am

Which players have the chance to be a superstar?

If you were to simply rank ceilings (and not worry about average or floors, or likelyhood), what's your order?
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#1418 » by Vindicater » Sat Apr 3, 2010 6:41 am

My new wish list with our currant picks (03/04/2010)

#2 pick (Ours) - Evan Turner

Is the perfect, hopefully we get him.

#16 (Bobcats) - Soloman Alabi

A big guy who could turn out quite well, This way we can get rid of Hollins whether or not we get Darko to stay around.

#25 (Utahs) - Elliot WIlliams

A guy who could become a decent defensive player who will fit a role. Nothing spectcaular but what do you expect here in the draft.

#44 (Rockets) - Greivious Vasquez

A guy who can do alittle bit of everything at both guard spots without doing anything great. He is better than Sasha right now so why not give him a shot and see if he can make the team.

#48 (Miamis) - Latvious Williams

Upside upside upside, not much else but with the fifth pick in the draft we should look for some fture talent.

So we would have

Flynn/Sessions/Vasquez
Turner/Ellington/E.Williams
Brewer/Gomes
Jefferson/Love/L.Williams
Alabi/Hollins

With Rights to Rubio and Pekovic and our cap space (Darko, Gay, etc.)
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
Casperkid23
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#1419 » by Casperkid23 » Sat Apr 3, 2010 3:13 pm

shrink wrote:Which players have the chance to be a superstar?

If you were to simply rank ceilings (and not worry about average or floors, or likelyhood), what's your order?

The bolded was the hardest part in separating these guys, since that usually is a heavy factor, but I'll give it a go. (I should mention a small chance of likelihood was still left in, otherwise it'd be nearly impossible)

1. Wall
2. Cousins
3. Favors
4. Whiteside
5. Turner
6. Davis
7. Johnson
8. Henry
9. Vesely (from what I've read)
10. Motiejunas (from what I've read)
11. Aminu
12. George
13. Warren
14. Anderson

Wall and Cousins was actually the hardest split because, if we take likelihood out of the equation, Cousins has the size to be dominant.

Whiteside and Turner was the next toughest, but again, if likelihood taken out, Whiteside and his potential on the defensive end while also being able to spread the floor offensively has that minute chance of being spectacular, and I stress minute.

The last one I'll touch on is Johnson and Henry. The edge went to Johnson here because of his athleticism.
NBA Draft Fanatic.
moss_is_1
RealGM

Post#1420 » by moss_is_1 » Sat Apr 3, 2010 10:56 pm

Casperkid23 wrote:
The last one I'll touch on is Johnson and Henry. The edge went to Johnson here because of his athleticism.

I think Henry has a higher ceiling, while Johnson has a higher floor. Henry is a good athlete as well and has shown he can be a very good man defender, while stretching the floor with his shot. If he can work on his handle he could be a very very good wing.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves