Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1521 » by Saltine » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:26 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/646055099094167552[/tweet]
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,764

Post#1522 » by minimus » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:12 am

Yeah, X-COM is one of the best games ever. Unfortunately I have sold my windows laptop, but I am already enjoying youtube videos about X-COM 2 :)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,533

Post#1523 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:35 am

I have a nice little UPS package delivery I'm excited for tomorrow. Can't wait to unleash the pups!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,890

Post#1524 » by Calinks » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:31 am

Does the hard copy come out tomoorw? I pre-ordered digitally and am downloading it now!

Klomp don't you have like a PS3? Are the games even still good on the old consoles? Haha.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,533

Post#1525 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:05 am

Calinks wrote:Does the hard copy come out tomoorw? I pre-ordered digitally and am downloading it now!

Klomp don't you have like a PS3? Are the games even still good on the old consoles? Haha.

I preordered through Amazon. I think it's in stores on Tuesday.

I've got a 360. I'm not a hardcore gamer, so I don't really care about it not being as good on the old system (though I considered upgrading, but I don't play often enough for it to be worth it)
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1526 » by Calinks » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:08 am

I mean, how do they improve the old games. Did 2K15 seems a lot better than 2K14? I only played a little bit of 2K14 cause I got it free on PS3. When I got the xbox one first game I got was NBA 2K15. It'sa big difference from the PS3 2K14 or the 2K13 I played a lot on 360.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1527 » by Calinks » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:51 am

Bjelicia seems criminally underatted as a 70. Interesting, Bennett is already off the team.
Dleavitt24
Junior
And1: 61

Post#1528 » by Dleavitt24 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Can anyone screen shot or link the twolves roster ratings. Can't seem to find it.

Edit: found it.

http://twitter.com/Kyle_Ratke/status/647170089192546305/photo/1

Low ratings but seems fair based on new rating system and comparing other players. Guys will have to prove there worth to 2k. Only really surprise is towns at 78. Considering everyone is relatively low this year his rating starts higher than Wiggins last year. Also deing @ 74 and pek at 77, I'd say say at this point Deng is superior. Bjelicia seems low at 70 but mitotic is only 76 so I'd assume that would be like at 73 if it were last year so not to bad.

I also seen some game play and think it's unreal how realistic they make all the players manerisums. Wiggins jog back on defense and his flailing body after contact dunks/layups is spot on.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 919

Post#1529 » by Saltine » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:42 am

stats from the PC version, Bennett is still on the team, oh well.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#1530 » by AQuintus » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:47 am

The fact that Rubio is only a B+ as a playmaker says a lot about 2k's rating system, and none of it is positive.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 919

Post#1531 » by Saltine » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:48 am

Bjelica's C- is a bit off as well...
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,271

Post#1532 » by Sothron » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:21 am

I'll have to do some roster editing. They have guys too low.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1533 » by Calinks » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:34 am

So I got one game in and started My Career. Some things I have noticed.

First off the presentation has been kicked up a notch. They added Kenny Smith to the studio desk (Chuck stop holding out, take the money man!) and it sounds like Greg Anthony is the guy they got to replace Steve Kerr. The halftime show is improved we actually get highlights this time. Post game show was kind of disappointing though seeing as everything else got a bit of a boost.

The presentation also shows in the little things. Players seem more alive, some of this stuff was in previous games and some of this I could be imagining as particular to a certain player but with KG in particular I noticed a lot of his traits. He pumps his chest and points to the crowd before tip. During time outs he seems very vocal, after the timeout he gets up and bump fists with other players in a very KG like way. At the free throw line his mannerisms looked very KG and, probably most impressive to me but also the most subtle, when the team was transitioning into an offensive set, calmly sprinting their way down court, KG reached up and wiped the sweat off his brow while jogging back. The way it looked is something I have seen he do countless times but never really realized it until you see him do it in a game, the animation looked just like him. It was a little uncanny to me.

This is a cool addition to the presentation that surprised me featuring caged Lion. (Eh, I was going to upload something but it looks like 2K has it blocked for now.... Ok, recorded it with my crappy tablet cam, will do for this)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F0NdfVor0M[/youtube]

Started My Career and one thing I am disappointed in is that I suppose your player's Nickname has to be Frequency Vibrations or "Freq" for short. What the hell is that? Haha, man I really think that sounds stupid but maybe as I go along it will grow on. Don't like having that forced on you though. The other thing, and this isn't a problem for me but it will be annoying for many if true, it seems you cant choose your voice again. Not that last years voice was a drastic contrast to the other but that is annoying. As a Black gamer who has been playing games for over 20 years, it is a continually disappointment to be in a create a player and be stuck with looks or voices that don't reflect me at all. sometimes you want to make yourself or some version of you so I am sure it is frustrating for people that sound nothing like their My Player to be stuck with one voice that doesn't fit.

What is cool is that this year you start out in HS and go to college apparently. I will check it out more tonight.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#1534 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:33 am

I'm only getting a new 2K every 2 years so will be skipping this one. I love 2k15 but I really hope they improve a few thing in mycareer.
- It doesn't have a screen that shows transactions around the league.
- Free agency is pretty bad as you can't negotiate any sort of years or see teams rosters, what they did in the draft etc.
- I think you should be able to turn off or on something that means the computer can trade you like real life.
- I didn't like the upgrading system very much. I hate being super fast and super quick but I want to be a good dunker but you have to upgrade all in one.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1535 » by Calinks » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:10 pm

Plans fell through so looks like I am going to dedicate today to gaming. First game of my team as the wolves. Apparently Hibbert is prime Dwight Howard on defense now that he is on the Lakers.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#1536 » by The J Rocka » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:51 am

I might have to get this now and I don't even really play video games anymore:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQSByNFAHN0[/youtube]
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 28,085

Post#1537 » by Domejandro » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:33 am

I've been saving up money to buy my little sister a new console (I personally play PC, so it is almost exclusively for her enjoyment). Do I go for PS4 or XBox One?
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1538 » by King Malta » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:03 am

I'm a PS4 guy so I recommend that of course.

Plus, even though you said you won't use it, it gives you the added bonus of being able to play Last of Us if you haven't already.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,356

Post#1539 » by Mattya » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:07 am

And the uncharted collection and uncharted 4
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1540 » by Calinks » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:10 am

Domejandro wrote:I've been saving up money to buy my little sister a new console (I personally play PC, so it is almost exclusively for her enjoyment). Do I go for PS4 or XBox One?

Things are a lot closer now than they were a couple of years ago. At the end of the day it boils down to which exclusives she or you will enjoy or what your friends are playing on if you go online. I'll list some of the advantages of each console.

PS4
-The lead platform right now which means more games, especially when it comes to indie titles will be had here. More Japanese centric games too.

-Slightly more powerful than the Xbox One. More games will be in 1080P and 60 frames per second if that kind of thing matters to you.

-Exclusive games. Uncharted, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, The Last of Us, MLB The Show, Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, InFamous and more can be found only on the PS4.

Xbox One

-Cheaper

- Will have backwards comparability with the Xbox 360 next month for over 100 games and more to come so a big library of older games can be played.

-Has cable TV integration with lots of features

-Exclusives games. Halo series, Forza racing series, Quantum Break, Tomb Raider, Crackdown 3, Rare Collection and more are only on Xbox. They will have the better exclusive lineup going into early next year.

You can't go wrong with either one if you know your sister will play them. Figure out what kinds of games she likes and go from there.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves