Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,708

Re: Are the Wolves legitimate title contenders 

Post#181 » by Note30 » Wed May 22, 2024 3:46 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:Go ahead and permanently ban me, dont care. You are a **** dumb mother ****. No one **** cares what you have to say.

I care.

But more so, and I know I have a quick temper/get frustrated easily here, but it's fun being here man. Just chill.

Kgdabomb intentionally poking at people, and intentionally causing rife. Im banned, dont care though.

Yeah I can see the poking.
FrenchMinnyFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 573

Post#182 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Wed May 22, 2024 4:25 am

Most of us were thinking our offense won’t be enough to contend. We were wrong , and I’m the first one. I always find funny people on social media fighting for not accepting being wrong . Personally I have never been so happy to be wrong with our potential ! Go wolves !
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#183 » by Note30 » Wed May 22, 2024 4:50 am

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:Most of us were thinking our offense won’t be enough to contend. We were wrong , and I’m the first one. I always find funny people on social media fighting for not accepting being wrong . Personally I have never been so happy to be wrong with our potential ! Go wolves !

I agree with happy with being wrong.

Say what you will tho most people don't like it being pointed out or being dragged out.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,272

Post#184 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 22, 2024 5:12 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:Wtf is your problem? We are currently in the Western Conference finals, we haven't won **** yet.

Well winning the Semifinals against Denver might be at least winning ****. I hope we win more than ****. I hope we win the NBA title and I believe we can do that.

Go ahead and permanently ban me, dont care. You are a **** dumb mother ****. No one **** cares what you have to say.

What am I saying that gets you all pissed off. That we have done pretty well so far. Is that what pisses you off? Me wanting us to win the NBA title. Does that make you angry. You obviously care what I have to say.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#185 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 22, 2024 5:21 am

Note30 wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
Note30 wrote:
I care.

But more so, and I know I have a quick temper/get frustrated easily here, but it's fun being here man. Just chill.

Kgdabomb intentionally poking at people, and intentionally causing rife. Im banned, dont care though.

He's the one who told me to STFU when I complained about the reffing the other day. I'd say he started the poking. I sort of apologized for overreacting to that and tried to make peace. I thought we had and then he goes off on me about something else. He's poked at me every bit as much as I poked at him. You sent hateful messages to me over my not thinking the Mavs are better than OKC. I do take it personal when people here trash our team. I get bothered when we're having one of the best seasons ever and our fans are calling us garbage because we happen to lose a game or not win pretty enough.

I've been thinking about this a bit. People have a tendency to overreact and I should just let them.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#186 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 22, 2024 6:05 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:Go ahead and permanently ban me, dont care. You are a **** dumb mother ****. No one **** cares what you have to say.

I care.

I challenged you regarding your post about KAT. You could still be right. We might never win a title with KAT on the team. I was hoping you would just say yeah I went a little too far with that post. It was just discussion. I sure don't want you banned, but I don't want you attacking me.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#187 » by Note30 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:31 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:Kgdabomb intentionally poking at people, and intentionally causing rife. Im banned, dont care though.

He's the one who told me to STFU when I complained about the reffing the other day. I'd say he started the poking. I sort of apologized for overreacting to that and tried to make peace. I thought we had and then he goes off on me about something else. He's poked at me every bit as much as I poked at him. You sent hateful messages to me over my not thinking the Mavs are better than OKC. I do take it personal when people here trash our team. I get bothered when we're having one of the best seasons ever and our fans are calling us garbage because we happen to lose a game or not win pretty enough.

I've been thinking about this a bit. People have a tendency to overreact and I should just let them.

Look man I'm sorry what I posted hurt you. It probably didn't feel great.

I do have some opinions about how you argue and post (that I clearly can't articulate without getting frustrated) and I'll keep it to myself from now on.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#188 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 22, 2024 7:01 am

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

Look man I'm sorry what I posted hurt you. It probably didn't feel great.

I do have some opinions about how you argue and post (that I clearly can't articulate without getting frustrated) and I'll keep it to myself from now on.

I'm sorry what I posted hurt Loaf of Bread. I found three posts from earlier in this thread that I thought were noteworthy. I thought it would be fun to revisit them. In this case I think what I had to say aged better than what a lot of others had to say.

However, I was a person who wasn't sold on Ant in his draft. By draft day I did say I was fine with us drafting him, but I would have been good with Wiseman or trading with Atlanta for Hunter and the pick to draft Okongwu (probably my #1 option). I went to the Hawks board to see what they thought and they were against that deal. We are very fortunate I didn't get the opportunity to do either of those.
gandlogo
Senior
And1: 401

Post#189 » by gandlogo » Wed May 22, 2024 3:24 pm

The biggest issue here is that there is one poster whose petulant behavior and inane postings render the board unreadable on some days (many days, really) - and nothing is done about it. We are told constantly - and by constantly, I mean a ridiculously repetitive number of times - that we cheer the wrong way, that we're elitists, that our viewpoints on the Wolves (despite being Wolves fans) are not welcome. The fact that one poster is consistently at the center of dust ups between other posters - and has been for years - should not be lost on the powers that be. And when told to knock it off, the schoolboy-esque response of “he started it” was often the refrain. If allowed, I could spend a little time verbally flaying, but worse than potentially getting banned, my fear is the lack of intellectual capacity would result in my efforts being for naught.

To the surprise of nobody, an internet message board is filled with different personalities, just like in the real world. Anonymity likely amplifies personalities even more. There are plenty of posters here that I often agree with, many others that I think have trash takes, and of course many that are on both sides of that coin on the same day. I'm guessing that my postings are viewed a similar way. That's life. Not much different than being in a bar. You can disagree with a guy at a bar and still end up buying him a beer at the end of the night. Or, eventually you have enough of the loudmouth and you lay him out. The only difference is that in the loudmouth example, being smart enough to know I value myself - and my stuff - more than unleashing. Just like potential criminal and/or civil action dissuade physical confrontation, there should be something akin to that here.

Before anyone suggests using the foes list, that option was exercised years ago - and quickly presented its shortcomings. If a poster is a high-volume poster, eventually somebody replies to them, and you are quickly re-exposed to their idiocy. And it also doesn't prevent a foes poster from calling out your posts - which has happened numerous times. Every single time that happened I sat here and did not respond. Mama Jude's paraphrasing Thumper from Bambi ringing in my ears - "if you can't say something nice...don't say nothing at all." She's probably spinning in her urn while I typed this, but a man's got to know his limitations - and I've reached mine.

Over the years I have sent PMs to multiple people (mostly posters from other teams visiting our board) saying to ignore the poster and not engage because it's not worth it. I stand by that thinking because I believe it makes this place better. A lawless swamp of inflammatory behavior quickly loses its appeal. However, the kid glove treatment of a habitual antagonist is equally detrimental to the board.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#190 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 22, 2024 3:48 pm

gandlogo wrote:The biggest issue here is that there is one poster whose petulant behavior and inane postings render the board unreadable on some days (many days, really) - and nothing is done about it. We are told constantly - and by constantly, I mean a ridiculously repetitive number of times - that we cheer the wrong way, that we're elitists, that our viewpoints on the Wolves (despite being Wolves fans) are not welcome. The fact that one poster is consistently at the center of dust ups between other posters - and has been for years - should not be lost on the powers that be. And when told to knock it off, the schoolboy-esque response of “he started it” was often the refrain. If allowed, I could spend a little time verbally flaying, but worse than potentially getting banned, my fear is the lack of intellectual capacity would result in my efforts being for naught.

To the surprise of nobody, an internet message board is filled with different personalities, just like in the real world. Anonymity likely amplifies personalities even more. There are plenty of posters here that I often agree with, many others that I think have trash takes, and of course many that are on both sides of that coin on the same day. I'm guessing that my postings are viewed a similar way. That's life. Not much different than being in a bar. You can disagree with a guy at a bar and still end up buying him a beer at the end of the night. Or, eventually you have enough of the loudmouth and you lay him out. The only difference is that in the loudmouth example, being smart enough to know I value myself - and my stuff - more than unleashing. Just like potential criminal and/or civil action dissuade physical confrontation, there should be something akin to that here.

Before anyone suggests using the foes list, that option was exercised years ago - and quickly presented its shortcomings. If a poster is a high-volume poster, eventually somebody replies to them, and you are quickly re-exposed to their idiocy. And it also doesn't prevent a foes poster from calling out your posts - which has happened numerous times. Every single time that happened I sat here and did not respond. Mama Jude's paraphrasing Thumper from Bambi ringing in my ears - "if you can't say something nice...don't say nothing at all." She's probably spinning in her urn while I typed this, but a man's got to know his limitations - and I've reached mine.

Over the years I have sent PMs to multiple people (mostly posters from other teams visiting our board) saying to ignore the poster and not engage because it's not worth it. I stand by that thinking because I believe it makes this place better. A lawless swamp of inflammatory behavior quickly loses its appeal. However, the kid glove treatment of a habitual antagonist is equally detrimental to the board.

I'll follow the advice of Thumper. You attack me. I won't respond in kind. I will avail myself of the foes list though.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,854

Post#191 » by TimberKat » Wed May 22, 2024 4:02 pm

Realgm is just fun and time away from reality or something I do sitting in the bathroom. That explains why some of my ideas stinks. Don't take the stuff too seriously. There is life outside of basketball when the playoff ends :D or NBA lottery is done in previous years.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#192 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 22, 2024 4:29 pm

TimberKat wrote:Realgm is just fun and time away from reality or something I do sitting in the bathroom. That explains why some of my ideas stinks. Don't take the stuff too seriously. There is life outside of basketball when the playoff ends :D or NBA lottery is done in previous years.

Did you know the NBA combine has already come and gone? I didn't. Maybe we had something else called the playoffs diverting our attention from the combine.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,364

Post#193 » by Shaka_Zulu » Wed May 22, 2024 5:22 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:Hell no we ain't.

and we had already lost game 7 against Denver at halftime. :D

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#194 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 22, 2024 6:12 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:Hell no we ain't.

and we had already lost game 7 against Denver at halftime. :D

My point is don't be so quick to give up on these Minnesota Timberwolves. They are resilient. Let's cheer them on to the title.
KATKlownFeet
Sophomore
And1: 86

Post#195 » by KATKlownFeet » Thu May 23, 2024 3:22 am

Based on tonight's game, I'd say no. You aren't going to blow out Dallas or Boston, and I'd favor both those teams in close games.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 232

Post#196 » by Loaf_of_bread » Mon May 27, 2024 2:56 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:This team will never win a championship as long as karl anthony towns is on the roster.

Do you stand by this comment?

Yes
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man

Post#197 » by Shaka_Zulu » Mon May 27, 2024 9:13 am

No need to re-quote, but despite the impressive defense and mental fortitude aggression in first 2 series, I doubted our ability to be contenders for one main reason and one main reason alone. Our offense.

It was same all regular season, admirable uplifting season, but the ceiling on the offense was so clear to see every week. And so much more clearer in this dallas series. Back to back close games were we can't buy a bucket last 4-5 minutes? Why? Because this team doesn't have any other reliable offensive weapons except of a streaky highly talented 22 year old. Simply getting outgunned. Not the offensive personnel for a title. Especially vs this match up.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 16,343

Post#198 » by shrink » Mon May 27, 2024 3:39 pm

The question was whether the Wolves are legitimate title contenders, not whether they would win it all.

To me, beating the Nuggets showed they were legitimate title contenders.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man

Post#199 » by Shaka_Zulu » Mon May 27, 2024 5:29 pm

shrink wrote:The question was whether the Wolves are legitimate title contenders, not whether they would win it all.

To me, beating the Nuggets showed they were legitimate title contenders.

That's one match up. A contender needs be able to able to show their credentials against other types of contenders. I'm very proud of our Denver series win, but it's a match up I had sense of belief in past years due to our unique match up with them.

Contender for me meaning having very high chance cot a title. And our limited offense didn't give me that belief despite all around awesome season. Fact of matter is we have only one true offensive weapon, and people forget he is still in his rookie contract. Moment might been too soon for him yet. But he and the team still have time to learn from this and adjust for future.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#200 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 29, 2024 2:23 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:This team will never win a championship as long as karl anthony towns is on the roster.

Do you stand by this comment?

Yes

Now you stand by it. :banghead:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves