Butler has requested a trade, the saga continues

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,288

Re: Butler has requested a trade, the saga continues 

Post#1821 » by BadWolf » Mon Nov 5, 2018 7:31 pm

Front office and upper management... just don't get their decision
How are Thibs and Layden not fired in the middle of this farce?
How is Butler not somehow punished?

from the SBNAtion article

This is absolute lunacy. It’s one of the weirdest episodes in recent NBA power dynamic history.

Most of the league thinks this imo
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,899

Post#1822 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Nov 5, 2018 9:20 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Great article, and absolutely spot on. Most important, it addresses what's going on with Karl, who is still our most important player for the future. If HE starts getting a bad attitude and/or not believing in this franchise, watch out.

But this article shouldn't spare Taylor, either. He's LETTING this happen, standing off to the side, disinterested, unengaged, and offering folksy nothings to the media in a bad attempt to convince everyone that everything is fine.
"The last domino falls here!"
Howard Cosell
Rookie
And1: 290

Post#1823 » by Howard Cosell » Mon Nov 5, 2018 9:47 pm

Stay tuned.

Source (H)

Taylor has been on the phone all day.
Medical records have been passed along..not Heat.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#1824 » by Neeva » Mon Nov 5, 2018 9:54 pm

Oh brother lol but seriously we already have a younger cheaper version of Richardson in Okogie who has better potential so cya Heat you snooze you lose.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,276

Post#1825 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:13 pm

Howard Cosell wrote:Stay tuned.

Source (H)

You were cool the first time. Not anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#1826 » by Norseman79 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 2:51 am

Source (H)

Keep posting...don't listen to others. Sounds like you were on the right track with early Heat trade. Any idea who we are chatting with?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,673

Post#1827 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 6, 2018 7:03 am

Neeva wrote:Oh brother lol but seriously we already have a younger cheaper version of Richardson in Okogie who has better potential so cya Heat you snooze you lose.

That's right, I forgot there's a limit on the number of players on the roster who can have a certain skill set. You can only have one good passer. You can only have one good defender. You can only have one 3-point shooter. There is no duplication allowed.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Tpups21
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#1828 » by Tpups21 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 7:10 am

Source (H)

Seems strange Butler didn’t sit out again if medical records were exchanged.
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,194

Post#1829 » by Tukkerwolf » Tue Nov 6, 2018 8:13 am

Seems strange people still think that guy holds any credibility.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 28,267

Post#1830 » by Domejandro » Tue Nov 6, 2018 8:39 am

Source (H)

Houston Rockets are the obvious name, relating to Eric Gordon's health, but given Otto Porter's lack of minutes the past couple of days, something might be there (I get it is health related, but hey, you never know!).
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#1831 » by Streakers33 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 9:06 am

My bets still on Houston or Washington.. part of me thinks a beal for jimmy swap makes too much sense..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,772

Post#1832 » by minimus » Tue Nov 6, 2018 9:35 am

Source (H)

At least that 4 FRPs package will make any tradeline days so exciting. And that is double joy every draft day!
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,382

Post#1833 » by red96 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 1:25 pm

Domejandro wrote:

Source (H)

Houston Rockets are the obvious name, relating to Eric Gordon's health, but given Otto Porter's lack of minutes the past couple of days, something might be there (I get it is health related, but hey, you never know!).
I personally feel that the Houston/Butler deal is dead for now. If Gordon and a bunch of picks were on the table, one would think it would've happened all ready.

Maybe Thibs just really wants to keep Butler all year, and will call his bluff in the off-season. I cant imagine offers getting much better. The more time that passes, is less time to bulid chemistry and acclimate him on a new system, with new team benefiting less from a Butler acquisition, and making it even less likely to possibly retain him.

The Heat are a playoff team and likely to stay one. The Rockets finally have Paul and Harden back, and are on a little win streak. LAC are looking like a legit playoff team and will have space. Philly are a playoff team and can still easily get homecourt. The Lakers look unimpressive, but a Butler trade loses them talent, and kills all space to add more high level talent. Maybe the Wiz could get desperate, but if they are complete garbage like their record says, Butler alone wont be enough to get them a top of the east, imo. IDK. Thibs is gambling big time. Looking out for his job more than the Wolves future?
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#1834 » by K4P » Tue Nov 6, 2018 9:59 pm

I don't get why he's still here
dude literally said he won't re-sign
and the product on the court isn't looking good either...
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#1835 » by Neeva » Tue Nov 6, 2018 10:02 pm

Cause Thibs
KAT4PREZ wrote:I don't get why he's still here
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1836 » by King Malta » Tue Nov 6, 2018 11:22 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251584/Jimmy-Butler-Deflects-Question-On-Possible-Los-Angeles-Future

Butler said his situation isn't affecting him one way or the other as he continues to wait for a trade.

"I just hoop," Butler said. "I play basketball. I go out there, and I try to win home or away. I think that's my job. I'm not worried about nothing -- none of that. You [reporters] continue to ask those questions, but it's not going to change how I go about the game. It's not going to change how I interact with guys in this locker room. We'll be just fine."

I wish someone would call him out on comments like the above. The reporters ask these kinds of questions because you involved them in a very public display to get yourself moved in the first place.
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#1837 » by SmokeyPaw » Tue Nov 6, 2018 11:35 pm

The offers haven't been very good. While I like Richardson, Miami wanted wolves to take back a bad contract in waiters.

The Houston deal included 4 1sts but the first two will be late and the last 2 may have have protections. They also occur at the end or after KAT's new contract so they the package doesn't help you rebuild before his next contract. And you have to take on the stinking mess that is knight's contract.

Both Miami and Houston win those deals in a major way. Waiting to see if someone will improve on them is reasonable.
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#1838 » by K4P » Tue Nov 6, 2018 11:38 pm

SmokeyPaw wrote:

The offers haven't been very good. While I like Richardson, Miami wanted wolves to take back a bad contract in waiters.

The Houston deal included 4 1sts but the first two will be late and the last 2 may have have protections. They also occur at the end or after KAT's new contract so they the package doesn't help you rebuild before his next contract. And you have to take on the stinking mess that is knight's contract.

Both Miami and Houston win those deals in a major way. Waiting to see if someone will improve on them is reasonable.

idk man Richardson could have been pretty valuable to Minnesota as a complimentary piece. Just from watching the Heat play, you could tell he plays really hard on both ends of the floor. A wing duo of him and Okogie would've been nasty. I suppose weighters' could be packaged elsewhere as an expiring next season.
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#1839 » by SmokeyPaw » Tue Nov 6, 2018 11:43 pm

Klomp wrote:
Neeva wrote:Oh brother lol but seriously we already have a younger cheaper version of Richardson in Okogie who has better potential so cya Heat you snooze you lose.

That's right, I forgot there's a limit on the number of players on the roster who can have a certain skill set. You can only have one good passer. You can only have one good defender. You can only have one 3-point shooter. There is no duplication allowed.

I'd love Richardson on the wolves. Klomp is right, you have 96 minutes between the two wing positions. 30 plus minutes available for 3 different players. I just don't want to take waiters too.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1840 » by King Malta » Tue Nov 6, 2018 11:45 pm

SmokeyPaw wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I'd love Richardson on the wolves. Klomp is right, you have 96 minutes between the two wing positions. 30 plus minutes available for 3 different players. I just don't want to take waiters too.

Waiters has a crappy contract and is a bad player, when you throw in the fact that it sounds like he has some health issues then I think we were within our rights to ask for more than they offered.

I also really like Josh, but I feel like Bam would be a better piece for us.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves