Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,029

Re: Epic Thread: Darko Pekovic Jefferson Love 

Post#21 » by Dewey » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:32 pm

Clearly ...

1.) Kahn is in over his head,.
2.) Rambis does not have the ability to adjust his system to benefit his existing players.
3.) Our defense may actually be worse than our offense (1 goto player away from being competative).
4.) Any mention of signing Milicic and/or Pekovic is merely saying every T'Wolf is available.
5.) If we do not draft #1 or #2, we are CLEARLY F_@&ed
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
SSUBluesman
Assistant Coach
And1: 842

Post#22 » by SSUBluesman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:01 pm

The triangle may not have been in place at the draft, but this year's core roster was in place at the time the triangle was chosen. Furthermore Flynn is not a leftover such as Love/Jefferson, which would put more of the responsibility on Kahn's shoulders.

At the very least I'm comforted by the fact that Kahn acts as if he has infinity + 1 as a time horizon for the job. No rush jobs, no dishonest optimism *cough* Miller trade *cough*, etc.
Naz Reid.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#23 » by Krapinsky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:45 pm

SSUBluesman wrote:The triangle may not have been in place at the draft, but this year's core roster was in place at the time the triangle was chosen. Furthermore Flynn is not a leftover such as Love/Jefferson, which would put more of the responsibility on Kahn's shoulders.

At the very least I'm comforted by the fact that Kahn acts as if he has infinity + 1 as a time horizon for the job. No rush jobs, no dishonest optimism *cough* Miller trade *cough*, etc.

While this is true, I tend to think Rambis and the coaching staff is our team's biggest asset. I know many would disagree. When our team is constructed of two PF's as our best two players (Not Kahn) and no discernible wing talent (as a result of a good Kahn move -- Rubio trade) then there really isn't a system out there that is going to fit our talent. The entire time Kahn and Rambis have acted like this season was merely an audition to see which players fit the system, and that has what has happened. To our dismay we have seen the trade value of most of our players probably drop in the process -- but that's going to happen anytime you're losing games.

My hope is that Flynn will be traded to Indiana for the 9-11 pick in the draft. I think the 9-11 in this draft is probably equal to 6-8 in last years draft, so I see that as a lateral move made to balance the 2011 roster.

My other hope is that Jefferson or Love will be traded. It will be sad to see one go and we can argue back and forth which one it should be, but the talent we get in return will soon replace what we lost and create more team synergy with a better balance roster.

At the beginning of the year we all knew it was likely that both of these moves were likely in the future, yet now, as we move closer to having to execute these decisions we begin pointing fingers at Kahn?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,681

Post#24 » by Worm Guts » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:56 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
While this is true, I tend to think Rambis and the coaching staff is our team's biggest asset.

I think that's premature. We have coaches who were good players, but as coaches they haven't proven much.

Krapinsky wrote:At the beginning of the year we all knew it was likely that both of these moves were likely in the future, yet now, as we move closer to having to execute these decisions we begin pointing fingers at Kahn?

I'm not sure how these two things are related. We knew we'd have to move a PF and a PG, but that doesn't change that we may have taken the wrong point guard or traded the wrong pick.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#25 » by Krapinsky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:27 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
While this is true, I tend to think Rambis and the coaching staff is our team's biggest asset.

I think that's premature. We have coaches who were good players, but as coaches they haven't proven much.

Call it a prediction then. Being in LA for the last 8 odd years, I'm familiar with how important Rambis was to the Lakers.

Worm Guts wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:At the beginning of the year we all knew it was likely that both of these moves were likely in the future, yet now, as we move closer to having to execute these decisions we begin pointing fingers at Kahn?

I'm not sure how these two things are related. We knew we'd have to move a PF and a PG, but that doesn't change that we may have taken the wrong point guard or traded the wrong pick.

Yes, Curry would have been the better pick. But as the earlier posts point out there was a lot going on behind the scenes that we do not know. Was Flynn trade bait for Sac to get Evans? Did Kahn know that Curry didn't want to play in MN (no workouts)?

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#26 » by Worm Guts » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:37 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Yes, Curry would have been the better pick. But as the earlier posts point out there was a lot going on behind the scenes that we do not know. Was Flynn trade bait for Sac to get Evans? Did Kahn know that Curry didn't want to play in MN (no workouts)?

If he took Flynn to be part of a trade that fell through, I'm not sure that's any better.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,057

Post#27 » by moss_is_1 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:09 pm

From what I understand is that Kahn wanted Flynn all along...and then when Rubio fell he took him because that was his favorite player..Then he went BPA. He choose Flynn because of his attitude, and his defensive potential IIRC.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#28 » by Krapinsky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:09 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

If he took Flynn to be part of a trade that fell through, I'm not sure that's any better.

Well in that sense the idea was to trade the 6th pick regardless. Accepting that rumor as true, he had the opportunity to trade it immediately (instead of waiting a year) and he went for it.

Nonetheless, we can all agree that at this point the biggest stain on Kahn's record is Flynn over Curry.

john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#29 » by john2jer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:15 pm

I have a hard time drafting a guy who refuses to workout for you. So I don't see it as THAT big of a stain.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,057

Post#30 » by moss_is_1 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Plus the fact that it hasn't even been a full season yet. It's a bit premature to judge a point guard after his first season. Look at Deron Williams..Flynn has a drive to get better and I'm sure he will once he learns the game better.
KG_Wolves
Starter
And1: 530

Post#31 » by KG_Wolves » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 pm

john2jer wrote:I have a hard time drafting a guy who refuses to workout for you. So I don't see it as THAT big of a stain.

And lets not forget at the time Kahn probably thought Rubio was still coming THIS year. And a Curry/Rubio backcourt would've been terribly undersized.

We had the draft figured out, its just fricken Sactown sniped us on Tyreke who should be a Tpup. :x
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#32 » by Worm Guts » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 pm

KG_Wolves wrote:
john2jer wrote:I have a hard time drafting a guy who refuses to workout for you. So I don't see it as THAT big of a stain.

And lets not forget at the time Kahn probably thought Rubio was still coming THIS year. And a Curry/Rubio backcourt would've been terribly undersized.

As opposed to a Rubio/Flynn backcourt?
KG_Wolves
Starter

Post#33 » by KG_Wolves » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 pm

Flynn was supposed to be traded to Sacto right? So the deal fell through.

Anyways Flynn/need for Wing player are whats killing this team right now.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#34 » by Narf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:10 pm

Dewey wrote:Clearly ...

1.) Kahn is in over his head,

Yes, what a rookie mistake it was to trade Foye and Miller for Rubio. I mean, god, I wish we had an experienced GM like Washington, NY, or the Clippers who knew how to create assets out of nothing. I mean, look how that good GM in NY paid off a huge amount of young talent just to get cap space, while we magically made cap space out of thin air with Songalia. Or how Walsh gave us Darko for Cardinal, and paid us to take him.

Maybe some day Kahn will learn how to be a real GM.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#35 » by john2jer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:12 pm

At what point do we stop turning every thread into a whine-fest of "Kahn should have drafted Curry, Flynn's a bust, Rubio's never coming over, Jennings is the second coming of Jesus/Jordan/Ghandi combined"???

This board is starting lose it's luster because it's the same crap over and over.

Kahn didn't draft Curry, get over it.

Flynn's our starting point guard for the time being, get over it.

We won't know a damn thing about Rubio for at least 14 more months, get over it.

That's mostly why I get off on the derailing that happens around here. At least gets us talking about something somewhat original. What did cpfsf have for breakfast today?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
KG_Wolves
Starter

Post#36 » by KG_Wolves » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:40 pm

john2jer wrote:At what point do we stop turning every thread into a whine-fest of "Kahn should have drafted Curry, Flynn's a bust, Rubio's never coming over, Jennings is the second coming of Jesus/Jordan/Ghandi combined"???

This board is starting lose it's luster because it's the same crap over and over.

We won't know a damn thing about Rubio for at least 14 more months, get over it.

That's mostly why I get off on the derailing that happens around here. At least gets us talking about something somewhat original. What did cpfsf have for breakfast today?

+1

Lets judge him next year, after we see what he gets done with all of these assets.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,680

Post#37 » by Klomp » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 pm

john2jer wrote:At what point do we stop turning every thread into a whine-fest of "Kahn should have drafted Curry, Flynn's a bust, Rubio's never coming over, Jennings is the second coming of Jesus/Jordan/Ghandi combined"???

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've been saying this for months, but no one listens to me because I'm a mod.

If you care, I didn't have breakfast today.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
john2jer
RealGM

Post#38 » by john2jer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Klomp I listen, I just usually ignore. ;-)

I had a cinnamon/raisin bagel with fat free cream cheese. Lunch was 2nd day left-overs of this chicken and teriyaki noodles combo that I made. And I've been munching hardcore on hersheys chocolate all day. Damnit my diet goes to hell when I'm happy. When I'm miserable I'm able to stay away from the junk food. Starting to get fat again. :-(
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,111
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#39 » by cpfsf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:08 pm

I woke up this morning ready to take on the morning. I was going squeeze the day like a pig until it squealed. I was determined to eat at McDonalds. I put on my nice shirt on and got my tie um tied? I politely asked for ketchup for my breakfast sandwich, but what happened next was something nobody should ever have to encounter. The staff member turned his head head nearly 90 degrees and said, "Ketchup? Why do you want ketchup for your McFuffin?" I lost my focus. I felt like a child lost in a mall. I curled up, started saying whatever popped in my head. I couldn't stop. I saw his face and he was disgusted, and I was disgusted with myself. I drove home and locked myself in a bedroom and cried. I never got the ketchup. I see the Grape Nuts and the banana that could have been. Now when I look in the mirror, I don't recognize myself anymore.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
john2jer
RealGM

Post#40 » by john2jer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:20 pm

^^^ Now THAT's epic.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves