ImageImageImage

Beasley Re-Sign for 4 years / $60M

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Re: Beasley Re-Sign for 4 years / $60M 

Post#461 » by packforfreedom » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:23 am

maybe a controversial take, but I'd sell high on him tbh. he's too one dimensional, too streaky and takes too many bad shots. His stats are inflated, because we're so bad. Trade him before the league notices.
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,477

Post#462 » by TRik » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:35 am

packforfreedom wrote:maybe a controversial take, but I'd sell high on him tbh. he's too one dimensional, too streaky and takes too many bad shots. His stats are inflated, because we're so bad. Trade him before the league notices.

Wolves had to buy high just to get him to sign here, so I’d be surprised if he’s not here for at least another season before his contract becomes more tradable. I also think his legal issues make it more of a sell low period right now as well.

I’d love to be proven wrong though, like if we could somehow package him with Dlo to some sucker team and get back a reliable PG.
‘Silly rabbit’
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,810

Post#463 » by winforlose » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:30 am

TRik wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:maybe a controversial take, but I'd sell high on him tbh. he's too one dimensional, too streaky and takes too many bad shots. His stats are inflated, because we're so bad. Trade him before the league notices.

Wolves had to buy high just to get him to sign here, so I’d be surprised if he’s not here for at least another season before his contract becomes more tradable. I also think his legal issues make it more of a sell low period right now as well.

I’d love to be proven wrong though, like if we could somehow package him with Dlo to some sucker team and get back a reliable PG.

His contract is the best in the NBA and any team would love to try and pry out of our hands with a low ball offer. Beasley is worth at least 20 maybe 25 with his high energy sharpshooting. You said yourself in the other thread he is a spot up shooter not a shot creator (though I am not 100% convinced,) yet we don’t put him in a position to excel. Beasley is the next JJ Reddick and we would be idiots to quit on him.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#464 » by FinnTheHuman » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:30 am

winforlose wrote:
TRik wrote:

His contract is the best in the NBA and any team would love to try and pry out of our hands with a low ball offer. Beasley is worth at least 20 maybe 25 with his high energy sharpshooting. You said yourself in the other thread he is a spot up shooter not a shot creator (though I am not 100% convinced,) yet we don’t put him in a position to excel. Beasley is the next JJ Reddick and we would be idiots to quit on him.

Agreed. Literally been saying it since he signed that contract and I'll keep saying it - we made out like bandits because of his legal and public perception issues.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,810

Post#465 » by winforlose » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:37 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
winforlose wrote:
TRik wrote:

Agreed. Literally been saying it since he signed that contract and I'll keep saying it - we made out like bandits because of his legal and public perception issues.

I actually don’t think it was the legal troubles. The legal troubles could have brought the price down to 12. The reason he only got 15 is his defense was not good enough for Denver. With a limited sample size he had too much to prove and not enough time to prove it. Also, it is worth noting that this is the perfect fit for him. We shoot a ton of 3s and we don’t have a ton of great 3 point shooters. Beasley is our future and we don’t move him for anything short of an MVP and a ton of picks (which is about as likely to be offered as winning the actual real world lottery 3 straight years.)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,645

Post#466 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:08 pm

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
shrink wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Who is the greatest Wolves SG of all time?

[Note: As crazy as it sounds, Beasley might have the inside track sooner than later.]

Wow. Good point.

Rider? Tony Campbell? Sprewell and Wally were SF’s, right?

EDIT: I’m dumb. The most talented was Jimmy Butler. It hurts me to call him the “greatest wolves sg.” Even more reason for me to cheer on Anthony Edwards!

Tellingly... Butler played all of 69 games for the Timberwolves.

That's the problem with this franchise. No longevity. Butler is an extreme case here, but still.....

Four 82-game seasons would be 328 games played. Only 11 players in franchise history have played that many games. Four of the 11 were on the team at some point during the Rosas regime.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves