ImageImageImage

Game 16: Timberwolves (4-11) at Clippers (9:30 p.m., FSN)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 4,134

Re: Game 16: Timberwolves (4-11) at Clippers (9:30 p.m., FSN 

Post#61 » by minimus » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:27 am

Massacre...
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#62 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:29 am

mercgold3 wrote:I hope this latest examples shows to our FO that you can't win without defence, you can't win with a Front court of Pekovic / K.Love, you can't win with a frount court of Pekovic / T.Young because they don't DEFEND.

So stop giving bad contracts to a bad defenders. And build a balanced team, 10 years without playoff, we are a joke. Nobody take us serious.

By the way, im starting to think that giving up that pick to Philadelphia for T.Young was a big mistake.

This is the perfect team to tank. They don't defend, period.

its only a mistake if they don't trade Thad before the deadline. He should still have value to a lot of teams looking to make a run. And the sooner they make a move, the better. More teams still think they're in the hunt and the more games he gives a team, the bigger the return.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#63 » by King Malta » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:32 am

mercgold3 wrote:I hope this latest examples shows to our FO that you can't win without defence, you can't win with a Front court of Pekovic / K.Love, you can't win with a frount court of Pekovic / T.Young because they don't DEFEND.

So stop giving bad contracts to a bad defenders. And build a balanced team, 10 years without playoff, we are a joke. Nobody take us serious.

By the way, im starting to think that giving up that pick to Philadelphia for T.Young was a big mistake.

Your argument would have some validity if:

A) Pekovic was actually playing
B) Thad Young hadn't just come back off missing 4 (I think?) games due to bereavement
C) We weren't missing our best perimeter defender (and arguably our best player) in Ricky Rubio.

The fact of the matter is that we're playing a badly under strength team full of lightly framed youngsters against one of the best teams in the West, who also happen to posses absolute monsters in their front court. We didn't look that bad for the first couple of games (against some fairly good teams) with our full roster out there, but what we have at the moment is just about bare bones.

Getting done by this kind of margin is never fun but some perspective is required.
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#64 » by Piecake » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:35 am

Wake me up when we don't suck
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#65 » by Feilong » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:35 am

Yes trading Young is a mistake because they knew Rubio, Martin will be injured.
Yes they knew Dieng would become a D-league player, or Bud would fight to play even in Europe.
And this year Pek is playing mediocre defense as always but Dieng is even worse.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#66 » by PZiv » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:35 am

Nitroglycerin wrote:Trade Brewer please

Been saying that for awhile.
Feilong wrote:Yes trading Young is a mistake because they knew Rubio, Martin will be injured.
Yes they knew Dieng would become a D-league player, or Bud would fight to play even in Europe.
And this year Pek is playing mediocre defense as always but Dieng is even worse.

I agree.
1. They dont realize that our late 1st rounder wouldn't be worth a squat. And we would have around 10! players with less than 3 years of experience, really really bad.
2. Been saying that Budinger was amnesty worthy from the get-go, just had more dislike for Brewers game. As for Dieng, I think its about identity struggle and being given the big boy pants.
3. Did Pek even play this season?! He got himself a lot of haters even tho his hand is in cast for last few weeks.(You can notice it on the sideline)

In addition to all that, imagine my rage on the beginning of season when we "first" signed Hummel, apart from all the people available.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#67 » by wildvikeswolves » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:36 am

Thad and Dorey have been so bad. Bazz is the only bright spot (Wiggins was alright) he's been passing a lot so that's good, but he's the only guy that can score efficiently.

At least GR3 should be getting some solid run
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#68 » by King Malta » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:36 am

Piecake wrote:Wake me up when we don't suck

Might need to invest in one of these mate

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 11,242

Post#69 » by Worm Guts » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:36 am

Without Thad this gets even worse. I don't know that we can afford to trade him.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 15,068

Post#70 » by Calinks » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:37 am

Sixers are definitely licking their chops thinking about our game. It's basically going to be an NBA finals atmosphere. Hope the pups can get up for it.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#71 » by Calinks » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:42 am

The team is just really bad because we are so undermanned. Thad is dealing with grief. Dieng is getting run into the ground and getting severely over matched (he's not ready to take on the load of a starting center on a team like ours), and other guys are being asked to do things they normally wouldn't. Pek makes life A LOT easier for guys like Dieng and Young Rubio makes life a lot easier for everyone. On top of all of that we are mentally drained from being in this position. Just a lot of bad things that are making us terrible. If we had the excitement and energy we had with the players we had to start the season we would look a lot more respectable.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,535

Post#72 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:43 am

King Malta wrote:

Your argument would have some validity if:

A) Pekovic was actually playing
B) Thad Young hadn't just come back off missing 4 (I think?) games due to bereavement
C) We weren't missing our best perimeter defender (and arguably our best player) in Ricky Rubio.

The fact of the matter is that we're playing a badly under strength team full of lightly framed youngsters against one of the best teams in the West, who also happen to posses absolute monsters in their front court. We didn't look that bad for the first couple of games (against some fairly good teams) with our full roster out there, but what we have at the moment is just about bare bones.

Getting done by this kind of margin is never fun but some perspective is required.

I talked about Pek, like i talk about Love and he Isn't here too.

I blame Flip for giving up 12 M$ for Pek to be our C with K.Love at PF, what he was thinking, that K.Love or Pekovic would become at least on of them a ok defender ?

This is the perspective that you are talking about ?

I know is hard to said, hey Flip you did a nice job bring over Wiggins on a trade, Bazz, Dieng in drafts.

But you also already made big mistakes.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#73 » by PZiv » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:45 am

Calinks wrote:The team is just really bad because we are so undermanned. Thad is dealing with grief. Dieng is getting run into the ground and getting severely over matched (he's not ready to take on the load of a starting center on a team like ours), and other guys are being asked to do things they normally wouldn't. Pek makes life A LOT easier for guys like Dieng and Young Rubio makes life a lot easier for everyone. On top of all of that we are mentally drained from being in this position. Just a lot of bad things that are making us terrible. If we had the excitement and energy we had with the players we had to start the season we would look a lot more respectable.

And then there is thought of ramming your head into the wall with the fact that Shabazz saw single digit minutes under Coach Adelman last year.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,648

Post#74 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:46 am

Just wait until they finally let Dieng get some minutes. Then this team will finally become a good defensive unit.

Oh, never mind...
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#75 » by Calinks » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:48 am

Sp happy to see Shabazz doin work. I thought I saw something in him last year, was not comfortable moving him.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,298

Post#76 » by Sothron » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:51 am

I remember when we got Thad I was thinking we just went from a not so good defender in Love to one of the worst defensive PF in the game in Thad.

The injuries are making players step into roles they just aren't ready to fill or simply can not fill. We need Rubio healthy. We need Pek. Heck we even need Martin. You just can't your best three players on a questionable team to begin with and then expect the team to continue nonplussed. We are very plussed right now gentlemen.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,247

Post#77 » by Murphs56 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:52 am

Eh The pick doesn't matter considering we're going to be in contention for the first pick. Although with our luck, we won't be anywhere near that #1
Ashwinz.
Sixth Man
And1: 574

Post#78 » by Ashwinz. » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:52 am

ROFL LAWLER.

What are we going to do with Rubio? Ok....

We're a laughing stalk. Our news, isn't even news!
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,089

Post#79 » by moss_is_1 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:53 am

Bazz for prez.
Ashwinz.
Sixth Man
And1: 574

Post#80 » by Ashwinz. » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:53 am

If only Thad and Mo would have played more...this deficit would have been less than what it is currently, maybe.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves