Rubio Thread 8

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,532

Re: Rubio Thread 8 

Post#741 » by Klomp » Sat May 21, 2016 5:27 am

Rubio’s TS% was 52.9 percent in the 2015-16 season. Among other point guards, that was better than Derrick Rose (47.9). It was better than John Wall (51.0). It was better than Ty Lawson, Elfrid Payton, Rajon Rondo, Dennis Schroeder, Cory Joseph, Michael Carter-Williams, and Raymond Felton. Among shooting guards, it was better than Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Danny Green, Monta Ellis, Marco Bellinelli and many others.

Rubio’s 52.9 true shooting percentage was the same as the player who just won the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year award for his scoring off the bench — Jamal Crawford of the Clippers.

In other words, if Rubio’s shooting is the problem, the Wolves are in very good shape indeed.

https://www.minnpost.com/sports/2016/05/what-wolves-need-now
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
moski44
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#742 » by moski44 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:59 am

A Spanish newspaper suggest that Bulls are interested in trading one of their two stars, Rose or Butler, and Jimmy wouldn't have any problem with coming to Minny. Ricky Rubio would be in the trade.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 919

Post#743 » by Saltine » Mon May 23, 2016 10:57 pm

moski44 wrote:A Spanish newspaper suggest that Bulls are interested in trading one of their two stars, Rose or Butler, and Jimmy wouldn't have any problem with coming to Minny. Ricky Rubio would be in the trade.

So you think some guy at a Spanish newspaper has a deep relationship with our new front office and got some sort of scoop that eluded all of our local guys???
:noway: :crazy: :lol:
...and that the Bulls want to keep Rose, to play with Ricky?
:oops:
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,029

Post#744 » by Dewey » Tue May 24, 2016 8:14 pm

Saltine wrote:
moski44 wrote:A Spanish newspaper suggest that Bulls are interested in trading one of their two stars, Rose or Butler, and Jimmy wouldn't have any problem with coming to Minny. Ricky Rubio would be in the trade.

So you think some guy at a Spanish newspaper has a deep relationship with our new front office and got some sort of scoop that eluded all of our local guys???

makes perfect sense ... moski44's scoop is as good as anything else around here on these boards. :noway: :crazy: :nod:
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
moski44
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#745 » by moski44 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:11 pm

Dewey wrote:
Saltine wrote:

makes perfect sense ... moski44's scoop is as good as anything else around here on these boards. :noway: :crazy: :nod:

it just called my attetion, that's it, and i posted it. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings :roll:
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#746 » by Killboard » Wed May 25, 2016 3:49 am

Klomp wrote:Rubio’s TS% was 52.9 percent in the 2015-16 season. Among other point guards, that was better than Derrick Rose (47.9). It was better than John Wall (51.0). It was better than Ty Lawson, Elfrid Payton, Rajon Rondo, Dennis Schroeder, Cory Joseph, Michael Carter-Williams, and Raymond Felton. Among shooting guards, it was better than Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Danny Green, Monta Ellis, Marco Bellinelli and many others.

Rubio’s 52.9 true shooting percentage was the same as the player who just won the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year award for his scoring off the bench — Jamal Crawford of the Clippers.

In other words, if Rubio’s shooting is the problem, the Wolves are in very good shape indeed.

What about this?
During his five years with the Wolves, the team has compiled a dreadful won-lost record of 142-252, or a whopping 110 games below .500. Yet in the 8,748 minutes Rubio has logged during that tenure (46 percent of the total playing time), Minnesota outperforms their opponents by two points per 100 possessions according to basketball-reference.com. In the 54 percent of the time he is not on the court, the Wolves are 7.2 points per 100 possessions worse than the opposition, for a net impact of 9.2 points.

Overrated around the league, for sure.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 919

Post#747 » by Saltine » Wed May 25, 2016 7:55 am

moski44 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Saltine wrote:So you think some guy at a Spanish newspaper has a deep relationship with our new front office and got some sort of scoop that eluded all of our local guys???

it just called my attetion, that's it, and i posted it. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings :roll:

:wink:
bwright213
Freshman
And1: 22

Re: Re: Re: Rubio Thread 8 

Post#748 » by bwright213 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:29 pm

Killboard wrote:
Klomp wrote:Rubio’s TS% was 52.9 percent in the 2015-16 season. Among other point guards, that was better than Derrick Rose (47.9). It was better than John Wall (51.0). It was better than Ty Lawson, Elfrid Payton, Rajon Rondo, Dennis Schroeder, Cory Joseph, Michael Carter-Williams, and Raymond Felton. Among shooting guards, it was better than Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Danny Green, Monta Ellis, Marco Bellinelli and many others.

What about this?
During his five years with the Wolves, the team has compiled a dreadful won-lost record of 142-252, or a whopping 110 games below .500. Yet in the 8,748 minutes Rubio has logged during that tenure (46 percent of the total playing time), Minnesota outperforms their opponents by two points per 100 possessions according to basketball-reference.com. In the 54 percent of the time he is not on the court, the Wolves are 7.2 points per 100 possessions worse than the opposition, for a net impact of 9.2 points.

Overrated around the league, for sure.

It always amazes me how quick people are to write off Rubio. He does have some faults, but he is soooo good at what he does right. He is an entirely unique PG in this day and age, but he flat out makes players better and now that he finally has some legit players around him it's going to be fun!
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,626

Post#749 » by Worm Guts » Wed May 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Saltine wrote:
moski44 wrote:
Dewey wrote:

On Monday, Joe Cowley the Chicago Sportwriter was on Barreiro. Barreiro asked him whether Lavine and the 5th would be enough for Butler, Cowley didn't really answer but instead he immediately brought up Rubio's name and mentioned how much Hoiberg like him.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#750 » by breatnach » Wed May 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Rubio is what has got me through the lows of the years '09 - '14. Even when we had abysmal records and daily KLove trade rumours, he was a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. I hope he gets to enjoy the NBA playoffs with us this year or next.
bwright213
Freshman

Post#751 » by bwright213 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Saltine wrote:
moski44 wrote:

On Monday, Joe Cowley the Chicago Sportwriter was on Barreiro. Barreiro asked him whether Lavine and the 5th would be enough for Butler, Cowley didn't really answer but instead he immediately brought up Rubio's name and mentioned how much Hoiberg like him.

Interesting take considering they have Rose, although he is a shell of his former self. I would love Jimmy Butler, but then we have a huge hole at PG. I would think it would make more sense for both sides to do a Lavine/5th pick for Butler, but even then I'm on the fence about that.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,674

Post#752 » by jpatrick » Wed May 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Rose is done. I just can't see him resigning with the Bulls after he expires this year.

Rubio is such a polarizing player. Would we be better if we traded Rubio and Lavine for Butler and Gibson and then drafted Dunn? I don't know. Maybe? But I'm so emotionally invested in our young guys, that it's hard to really make that determination.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 2,014

Post#753 » by Sugarless » Wed May 25, 2016 1:39 pm

jpatrick wrote:Rose is done. I just can't see him resigning with the Bulls after he expires this year.

Rubio is such a polarizing player. Would we be better if we traded Rubio and Lavine for Butler and Gibson and then drafted Dunn? I don't know. Maybe? But I'm so emotionally invested in our young guys, that it's hard to really make that determination.

If they were to trade Ricky, a Dunn - Butler - Wiggins - PF - KAT lineup would make a lot of sense for Minnesota, and it would be even better if that PF was Mirotic instead of Gibson.

But I can't see why the Bulls would do it unless they have plans to move Rose before his contract expires next summer, and they certainly would ask for more than Ricky and Zach if they're losing Butler and Niko / Taj. Maybe something along the lines of Rubio, LaVine and Dieng.

Anyway, this is all just for fun, Ricky is not going anywhere this summer and I don't think Butler does either.
bwright213
Freshman

Post#754 » by bwright213 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:44 pm

jpatrick wrote:Rose is done. I just can't see him resigning with the Bulls after he expires this year.

That's pretty much where I stand. Rubio and Lavine just seems like too much to give up. I would rather have Rubio then Dunn, but I definitely don't want to trade Rubio and the 5th pick (potential PG for the future) and then be left with Lavine and Tyus to man the PG spot.

I am extremely interested in seeing how Lavine grows under Thibs this year. I would consider Lavine/5th, but like I said I'm very much on the fence.

Edit: I missed the part where we get Gibson back as well in the trade. Definitely adds a little more appeal. Still I think I would stand pat
RRondo9
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#755 » by RRondo9 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Ricky's mom has passed away this morning :(
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,356

Post#756 » by Mattya » Wed May 25, 2016 6:25 pm

I pray that isn't true. I haven't seen anything about it though.
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#757 » by Feilong » Wed May 25, 2016 7:06 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Sportando/status/735533756891697153[/tweet]
Danish Wolf
Freshman
And1: 72

Post#758 » by Danish Wolf » Wed May 25, 2016 7:15 pm

Smh, that's horrible. Way too young.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#759 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:52 pm

So sad. I remember all the stories/reports back before he was drafted about how close he and his mother were. Poor Ricky and his family. Always sad when disease takes away beloved ones that early.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 2,014

Post#760 » by Sugarless » Wed May 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Rest in peace, Tona.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves