ImageImageImage

The Justin Patton thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TruthSerum
Rookie
And1: 274

Re: The Justin Patton thread 

Post#761 » by TruthSerum » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:10 pm

Can't do much in this league without feet, tho.
Bucketgetter
Pro Prospect
And1: 197

Post#762 » by Bucketgetter » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:56 pm

This seals the deal on that wasted pick. Yet another bad decision by Thibs and company. And I wanted OG :banghead:
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,898

Post#763 » by Calinks » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:03 pm

No one could predict the degree of foot injuries and this also doesn't mean the end of Patton or for sure the end of Patton as a wolf.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#764 » by wesleyt95 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Bucketgetter wrote:This seals the deal on that wasted pick. Yet another bad decision by Thibs and company. And I wanted OG :banghead:

Have faith, he'll get a shot. He's too good to give away for nothing
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,254

Post#765 » by Neeva » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:09 pm

Bucketgetter wrote:This seals the deal on that wasted pick. Yet another bad decision by Thibs and company. And I wanted OG :banghead:

When will it end from letting his lockerroom grow cancerous to Dunn over Murray to passing OG to giving horrible contracts to dieng, overpaying Teague/gibson.
Thank god Bazz didnt sign that 40m/4 years extension and that Okogie and kbd were the picks , only good things thibs has done and they might have been sheer luck! thibs has been a complete mess and terrible hire!
Neal25
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#766 » by Neal25 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 5:23 pm

Since the first time it looked like a bad pick due to the presence of Dieng and Towns in the roster and the necessity of a rotation player in the backcourt. It was a pity that Justin Jackson was selected just in the pick before, at that time he was the right pick due to he looked like he could have an immediate impact like Okogie this year. Anyway, the bad luck with injuries has prevented Patton to show if he is really capable to be an NBA player.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,641

Post#767 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:40 pm

So long, Justin!

As much fun as I had watching you in Iowa last year, your latest injury tanked whatever potential you still had. No longer nearly as heartbroken about losing you as I would've been 8 months ago. Just please don't turn into another Joel Embiid in Pennsylvania.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#768 » by the_bruce » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Klomp wrote:So long, Justin!

As much fun as I had watching you in Iowa last year, your latest injury tanked whatever potential you still had. No longer nearly as heartbroken about losing you as I would've been 8 months ago. Just please don't turn into another Joel Embiid in Pennsylvania.

100%
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 932

Post#769 » by Dalvin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Thibs like to trade his first round picks on their 2nd year. At this rate, Okogie will be traded next season :lol:
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#770 » by Jedzz » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:02 am

I might not watch anymore Iowa ball. Diop just went to a place you never come back to the TimberW from.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,899

Post#771 » by LibertyPrime » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:06 am

Klomp wrote:So long, Justin!

As much fun as I had watching you in Iowa last year, your latest injury tanked whatever potential you still had. No longer nearly as heartbroken about losing you as I would've been 8 months ago. Just please don't turn into another Joel Embiid ....

....or, if you do, please come back and sign with us first.
"The last domino falls here!"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#772 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:21 am

Jedzz wrote:I might not watch anymore Iowa ball. Diop just went to a place you never come back to the TimberW from.

Major difference, as Patton was using Iowa as injury rehab. For KBD, it just makes sense to get PT to keep refining his game.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#773 » by Jedzz » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:25 am

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:I might not watch anymore Iowa ball. Diop just went to a place you never come back to the TimberW from.

Major difference, as Patton was using Iowa as injury rehab. For KBD, it just makes sense to get PT to keep refining his game.

I hope you are right but seeing will be believing at this point. Patton was stuck there too long and should have been back playing and helping this team by December. Anyone watching could see he was ready. He was jerked around up and down and finally ended up getting a foot stepped on the one game he finally got in. I was really excited for the club to get the Iowa team and use it to develop and pull from when possible and when needed. Haven't really seen that side of it be true yet. Two other players and one that could really shoot was available. Nothing..and they are gone now. Doesn't look like anyone will stay there developing for very long. Didn't like what Thibs did last season with it. Still early I guess. I wish I could be more optimistic but my eyes will have to see it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#774 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:43 am

Jedzz wrote:Patton was stuck there too long and should have been back playing and helping this team by December. Anyone watching could see he was ready.

Not sure you were watching closely then since he didn't even play his first game until December and was still on a tight minutes restriction at that point.

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#775 » by Jedzz » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:03 am

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Patton was stuck there too long and should have been back playing and helping this team by December. Anyone watching could see he was ready.

Not sure you were watching closely then since he didn't even play his first game until December and was still on a tight minutes restriction at that point.
Well that's the month I was watching him play and he looked plenty healthy playing there then. Plenty capable too. The minutes restriction they had him on is meaningless. He would have had less minutes from Twolves bench.

However, I can't say it wouldn't have ended the same way had they pulled him up right away in "late" December. Maybe his feet break again playing for the big team all the same. Maybe not. But a teammate stepped on his foot while playing for Iowa in February and that's when the story came out that he was having a cleanup surgery. No one was really reporting it was another injury that occurred while playing with the Iowa team. Then in the summer the great news that his other foot was needing surgery. When did this one break, or was this one preventative in nature? Maybe they should have taken a look at the bone structure of both feet earlier.

Watch him get stepped on - video Feb 1. This is why he went for the second surgery.
Read on Twitter

Obviously this shows it didn't take much.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves