ImageImageImage

Rubio Thread 8

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,917

Re: Rubio Thread 8 

Post#801 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:14 am

Dewey wrote:Hoping the Rube can stay healthy ... short-term, we are better with him than without him. Long-term will be up to Thibs. I think these players see a great opportunity to make a playoff push and I hope he can bring in a key FA or two without too much of a shakeup.

I wouldn't mind keeping the same starting lineup, or if we do change, I hope it's a PF and not SG or new PG. I think it was posted in the Zach Laving thread or an article I read and it said that Klay, CJ & Steph are the only other players to hit more three pointers than Zach post all-star break. Two all-nba players and best shooters in the NBA and the most improved players, so I think Zach will help us with the shooting by being more confident, older & experienced. Him & Wiggs just scream MIP to me even without my homer glasses on.

What we do need is Ricky & Wiggs to be able to hit jumpers consistently and also more shooting from our bench. If we can get Rubes&Wiggs to hit more threes, we'll be in a pretty good position to not only compete for a playoff spot, but to also compete for one of the higher seeds than 7-8.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#802 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:34 am

theGreatRC wrote:
Dewey wrote:Hoping the Rube can stay healthy ... short-term, we are better with him than without him. Long-term will be up to Thibs. I think these players see a great opportunity to make a playoff push and I hope he can bring in a key FA or two without too much of a shakeup.

I wouldn't mind keeping the same starting lineup, or if we do change, I hope it's a PF and not SG or new PG. I think it was posted in the Zach Laving thread or an article I read and it said that Klay, CJ & Steph are the only other players to hit more three pointers than Zach post all-star break. Two all-nba players and best shooters in the NBA and the most improved players, so I think Zach will help us with the shooting by being more confident, older & experienced. Him & Wiggs just scream MIP to me even without my homer glasses on.

What we do need is Ricky & Wiggs to be able to hit jumpers consistently and also more shooting from our bench. If we can get Rubes&Wiggs to hit more threes, we'll be in a pretty good position to not only compete for a playoff spot, but to also compete for one of the higher seeds than 7-8.

The wolves went from one of the best defensive starting units to one of the worst in the entire league with the addition of zach and gorgui.

Ricky, kat and wiggs are set. I think zach or dieng starting is not a given. One or both might be coming off the bench.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,303

Post#803 » by andyhop » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:44 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:The wolves went from one of the best defensive starting units to one of the worst in the entire league with the addition of zach and gorgui.

Ricky, kat and wiggs are set. I think zach or dieng starting is not a given. One or both might be coming off the bench.

Thats what happens when you play two bad wing defenders together. I'd rather start LaVine than Wiggins if I had to choose only one.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,367

Post#804 » by Mattya » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Wiggins defense is way better than LaVine's right now.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,681

Post#805 » by Worm Guts » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:28 pm

andyhop wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:The wolves went from one of the best defensive starting units to one of the worst in the entire league with the addition of zach and gorgui.

Thats what happens when you play two bad wing defenders together. I'd rather start LaVine than Wiggins if I had to choose only one.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is how much Wiggins on/off jumped at the end of the season when the Wolves started playing better. Wiggins ended up at a +6.3 per 100 possessions while Lavine was still at -6.9.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#806 » by Krapinsky » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:49 am

mercgold3 wrote:You got it Ricky

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rickyrubio9/status/741109844204126208[/tweet]

His shot looks a lot better. More natural/rhythm.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#807 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:14 am

I think Ricky is or is planning on also working out with Wiggins in Minnesota this off season.

Forgot where I might have read that.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,367

Post#808 » by Mattya » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:34 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I think Ricky is or is planning on also working out with Wiggins in Minnesota this off season.

Forgot where I might have read that.

I believe Wolfson mentioned it in his most recent podcast.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,724

Post#809 » by guest81 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Krapinsky wrote:

Ah so the "Ricky's shot looks so much better during the offseason" seems to have started early I see
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#810 » by urinesane » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:13 pm

guest81 wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

Ah so the "Ricky's shot looks so much better during the offseason" seems to have started early I see

Along with your Ricky trolling.

Off to another thread with you...

guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#811 » by guest81 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:39 pm

urinesane wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

ah the more things change the more they stay the same.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#812 » by ace625214 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:49 pm

His form has always looked good coming into the season, but once the busy schedule with limited practice time hits he reverts to his old form. Eventually the repetition will pay off and his new form will be the default. It's hard to change something that he's done probably 100k times in his life. Starting earlier in the summer will hopefully make it stick long enough for him to build on it throughout the season.
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#813 » by urinesane » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:38 pm

guest81 wrote:
urinesane wrote:
guest81 wrote:

ah the more things change the more they stay the same.

It'd be nice if you'd move onto a new topic. We understand your opinion on the subject of Rubio.

You restating it every few weeks isn't necessary. We get it, you don't like him.

Why not go talk about something you do enjoy?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,677

Post#814 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:48 pm

urinesane wrote:It'd be nice if you'd move onto a new topic.

Unnecessary. He has just as much right to this thread as you or I do. Just because you disagree doesn't mean he shouldn't voice his opinion. These petty comments only make the situation worse.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#815 » by urinesane » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:57 pm

Klomp wrote:

Unnecessary. He has just as much right to this thread as you or I do. Just because you disagree doesn't mean he shouldn't voice his opinion. These petty comments only make the situation worse.

It's not about disagreeing. It's the fact that he keeps reiterating the same point over and over just to annoy Rubio fans.

That's trolling, not taking part in a discussion. If he actually provided some new views or evidence to support those views, then we could talk. Otherwise, he is basically just quoting himself over and over for no reason, other than to be a contrarian.

I never said he didn't have the right to post here. I just said what I believe many others are thinking. This thread would be more enjoyable if guest didn't pop in every couple weeks to crap on Rubio and add nothing new to the discussion.

I could be wrong though, maybe people enjoy it.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#816 » by guest81 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:03 pm

urinesane wrote:
Klomp wrote:

It's not about disagreeing. It's the fact that he keeps reiterating the same point over and over just to annoy Rubio fans.

That's trolling, not taking part in a discussion. If he actually provided some new views or evidence to support those view, then we could talk. Otherwise, he is basically just quoting himself over and over for no reason, other than to be a contrarian.

If it was a 10 second vine of Pek sprinting on the beach, I wouldn't say he looks healthy and ready to go. These vines of Rubio's shooting come up every offseason to get fans excited of a new form or whatever. It just doesn't mean anything.

I have said the same thing about summer league and preseason games where people get excited that don't mean anything. In case you were wondering
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#817 » by urinesane » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:08 pm

guest81 wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Klomp wrote:Unnecessary. He has just as much right to this thread as you or I do. Just because you disagree doesn't mean he shouldn't voice his opinion. These petty comments only make the situation worse.

That's trolling, not taking part in a discussion. If he actually provided some new views or evidence to support those view, then we could talk. Otherwise, he is basically just quoting himself over and over for no reason, other than to be a contrarian.

If it was a 10 second vine of Pek sprinting on the beach, I wouldn't say he looks healthy and ready to go. These vines of Rubio's shooting come up every offseason to get fans excited of a new form or whatever. It just doesn't mean anything.

I have said the same thing about summer league and preseason games where people get excited that don't mean anything. In case you were wondering

Except the fact that nobody was getting excited based on that video, we were just happy to see Rubio working on his weaknesses. Does it mean he has fixed his shot? Probably not and nobody has said anything close to that.

Good thing you came in to make sure that people knew that they shouldn't get excited about something that nobody was excited about, because he probably won't make vast improvements from last year to this year. Thanks for the reminder, we were just enjoying the summer and offseason.

Personally I'm happy Rubio is working on his shot with Penberthy and isn't just trying to get back to game shape after an injury. He can actually work on his weaknesses more this offseason without having to account for his ankle recovery.

Way to piss in our corn flakes at the off chance that we may have enjoyed them too much though.

Spoiler:
There is no way you are a happy person in real life.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#818 » by guest81 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:15 pm

urinesane wrote:
guest81 wrote:
urinesane wrote:

Except the fact that nobody was getting excited based on that video, we were just happy to see Rubio working on his weaknesses. Does it mean he has fixed his shot? Probably not and nobody has said anything close to that.

Good thing you came in to make sure that people knew that they shouldn't get excited about something that nobody was excited about, because he probably won't make vast improvements from last year to this year. Thanks for the reminder, we were just enjoying the summer and offseason.

Personally I'm happy Rubio is working on his shot with Penberthy and isn't just trying to get back to game shape after an injury. He can actually work on his weaknesses more this offseason without having to account for his ankle recovery.

Way to piss in our corn flakes at the off chance that we may have enjoyed them too much though.

Spoiler:
There is no way you are a happy person in real life.

man you are reading way too much into things. but hey your too deep in the forest to see the trees so no use trying to convince you of anything.

I also have a dartboard with a picture of Rubio on it that I throw hatchets into every night before I go to bed
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,677

Post#819 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:59 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JerryZgoda/status/745978103684423680[/tweet]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
RocketsHero
Pro Prospect
And1: 121

Post#820 » by RocketsHero » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:54 pm

Rubio's day as a Timberwolve is numbered, he is getting traded this season or the next.

- Local media dislike him as a player
- Management and coaches weren't "married" to him since the Adelman days
- Now a key player on the team is making a comment like that, man that's tough to hear if you are Rubio.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hoopscritic/status/745987450498056192[/tweet]
One Win at a Time

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves