The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,919

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#2121 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:51 am

Klomp wrote:Accidentally clicked on MyTeam for the first time. Now I think I might be hooked.

Quick update. As I'm just starting to build, I used tokens to grab emerald players. Who did I spot right away but MANNA FROM HEAVEN! I just had to do it......
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,783

Post#2122 » by UcanUwill » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:54 pm

Recently got PS4 with read dead 2. Been years since I have played Rockstar game, it still feels like one, but I gotta say, I wish game had more rpg elements. Leveling up in these type of games is what I love, rockstar formula is getting a little bit outdated for me. At least its strong singpleplayer game, I hate this multiplayer only revolution and I hope it dies a quick death.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#2123 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:57 pm

Klomp wrote:
Klomp wrote:Accidentally clicked on MyTeam for the first time. Now I think I might be hooked.

Quick update. As I'm just starting to build, I used tokens to grab emerald players. Who did I spot right away but MANNA FROM HEAVEN! I just had to do it......

Haven't messed with my team for a few years but I know people love it. Its a pretty good concept. I guess I just don't put a lot of time into the 5 on 5 basketball with 2K these days.

UcanUwill wrote:Recently got PS4 with read dead 2. Been years since I have played Rockstar game, it still feels like one, but I gotta say, I wish game had more rpg elements. Leveling up in these type of games is what I love, rockstar formula is getting a little bit outdated for me. At least its strong singpleplayer game, I hate this multiplayer only revolution and I hope it dies a quick death.

I love that game. Played it nearly every day for months. I get where you are coming from with liking the RPG elements though. That's why I surprisingly love the Assassins Creed Odyssey. That games have constant leveling and a great loot grind. Its long as hell though, feel like I will never finish it.

I have still been siming college hoops. I think I am getting pretty good at building programs. I have been at Navy now for 15 years and I really feel like you can't make this school a destination for recruits. I managed to win an NCAA title but every year its a big struggle to get a 4 star recruit. I have probably landed 3 5 stars in the 15 years here too. I wish they factored in winning a bit more to your ability to recruit. I understand a small school will never become the go to choice for everyone but we should be able to raise the prestige a bit more if we keep winning.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#2124 » by UcanUwill » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:06 pm

Calinks wrote:
I love that game. Played it nearly every day for months. I get where you are coming from with liking the RPG elements though. That's why I surprisingly love the Assassins Creed Odyssey. That games have constant leveling and a great loot grind. Its long as hell though, feel like I will never finish it.

I am learning to use controller, because this is my first console since Sega genesis. Few days ago I played RedDead, went to Valentine to sell hides, went to vendor and accidentally pressed the wrong bumper and started shooting the damn guy :lol: Completely not what I am trying to do. Right now I have very little time to play games, but hope to go on vocation in a few weeks, so I expect to sit down hard on red dead soon. Right now I only get like 90 minutes a day to play games, so I usually just load FIFA 18.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,919

Post#2125 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Calinks wrote:Haven't messed with my team for a few years but I know people love it. Its a pretty good concept. I guess I just don't put a lot of time into the 5 on 5 basketball with 2K these days.

I usually don't mess with the online modes in it. Played one game online so far....got up by about 4-5 points and the guy quit.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#2126 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:01 pm

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:Haven't messed with my team for a few years but I know people love it. Its a pretty good concept. I guess I just don't put a lot of time into the 5 on 5 basketball with 2K these days.

I usually don't mess with the online modes in it. Played one game online so far....got up by about 4-5 points and the guy quit.

Sounds like nothing has changed since 2008 :lol:

I used to kill people with Al Jefferson and Beasley in some of the old games. They would get pissed.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#2127 » by TheDominator273 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 2:09 am

In my Post KG MyLeague I just hit January of 2009. I did a story of Steph declaring for the draft a year earlier than he did irl and picked him #2 overall. He started the season playing SG with Foye at PG but both players handling the ball often, but over the first 15 games or so it became clear that Foye was better suited to run with the bench unit so Steph was moved to PG and Gerald Green was promoted to starting SG.

Since that rotation change I've gone on a 15 game win streak and sit with the 5th best record in the West starting the new year. I hired Terry Stotts in the off season and run an offense similar to what he ran in Portland back in the Aldridge days and it's been working really well. Curry, Green and Mike Miller are all shooting 45%+ from deep on good volume and with Al Jefferson being a beast in the post and on the boards I can run various types of offense to attack how teams play us.

Big Al is wanting to explore free agency this off season, so I have to decide whether I want to pay him or trade before the deadline. I do have him on my trade block but haven't gotten any offers good enough to pull the trigger on just yet.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#2128 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:10 am

What do you mean by

TheDominator273 wrote:In my Post KG MyLeague I just hit January of 2009. I did a story of Steph declaring for the draft a year earlier than he did irl and picked him #2 overall. He started the season playing SG with Foye at PG but both players handling the ball often, but over the first 15 games or so it became clear that Foye was better suited to run with the bench unit so Steph was moved to PG and Gerald Green was promoted to starting SG.

Since that rotation change I've gone on a 15 game win streak and sit with the 5th best record in the West starting the new year. I hired Terry Stotts in the off season and run an offense similar to what he ran in Portland back in the Aldridge days and it's been working really well. Curry, Green and Mike Miller are all shooting 45%+ from deep on good volume and with Al Jefferson being a beast in the post and on the boards I can run various types of offense to attack how teams play us.

Big Al is wanting to explore free agency this off season, so I have to decide whether I want to pay him or trade before the deadline. I do have him on my trade block but haven't gotten any offers good enough to pull the trigger on just yet.

You actually make draft stories in the game or what?
TheDominator273
Sixth Man

Post#2129 » by TheDominator273 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:20 am

I have a thread over on Operation Sports where I post game recaps, league Roundup stuff etc. So I while cleaning up the standard 2k Historic Draft Classes the scenario hit me of why did Steph go back to school for his junior year after his amazing NCAA Tournament so I did an article about him deciding to declare a year earlier than he originally did. Partly because I was pretty sure I wasn't going to win the lotto and be able to get Derrick Rose and partly because I wanted to ultimately draft Rubio the following year and pair the two and I wouldn't be able to get the needed picks to get both in the same draft.

If you're bored you can check out my full thread https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945201. Running a thread like that is the only way I can ever get really immersed in any franchise mode. The write ups force me to play games and think about how to present things rather than rip though a bunch of games mindlessly
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#2130 » by King Malta » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:39 am

TheDominator273 wrote:I have a thread over on Operation Sports where I post game recaps, league Roundup stuff etc. So I while cleaning up the standard 2k Historic Draft Classes the scenario hit me of why did Steph go back to school for his junior year after his amazing NCAA Tournament so I did an article about him deciding to declare a year earlier than he originally did. Partly because I was pretty sure I wasn't going to win the lotto and be able to get Derrick Rose and partly because I wanted to ultimately draft Rubio the following year and pair the two and I wouldn't be able to get the needed picks to get both in the same draft.

If you're bored you can check out my full thread https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945201. Running a thread like that is the only way I can ever get really immersed in any franchise mode. The write ups force me to play games and think about how to present things rather than rip though a bunch of games mindlessly

Hey mate,

Have been keeping up with the thread, really enjoying it! Just in regards to the 06-07 rosters you're using, how complete are they? I've downloaded some other historic rosters on 2K and a lot of them have been a bit bit shallow, with lots of 'filler' players
TheDominator273
Sixth Man

Post#2131 » by TheDominator273 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:47 am

King Malta wrote:
TheDominator273 wrote:I have a thread over on Operation Sports where I post game recaps, league Roundup stuff etc. So I while cleaning up the standard 2k Historic Draft Classes the scenario hit me of why did Steph go back to school for his junior year after his amazing NCAA Tournament so I did an article about him deciding to declare a year earlier than he originally did. Partly because I was pretty sure I wasn't going to win the lotto and be able to get Derrick Rose and partly because I wanted to ultimately draft Rubio the following year and pair the two and I wouldn't be able to get the needed picks to get both in the same draft.

Hey mate,

Have been keeping up with the thread, really enjoying it! Just in regards to the 06-07 rosters you're using, how complete are they? I've downloaded some other historic rosters on 2K and a lot of them have been a bit bit shallow, with lots of 'filler' players
It's fairly complete/accurate. Every team has at least 12 players before any filler players are added to the end of the bench. With injuries and such they sometimes sneak some minutes but it's not bad. I'm my upcoming off season I plan to take control of every team and fill them up with real players or at least the low 2k generated players.

In the default historic draft classes there are only the players 2k has the rights to, so I've been creating all missing 1st rounders and notable missing 2nd/undrafted guys so after two drafts there should be enough real players that all the fillers can go away for good.
King Malta
Starter

Post#2132 » by King Malta » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:13 am

TheDominator273 wrote:
King Malta wrote:

Hey mate,

It's fairly complete/accurate. Every team has at least 12 players before any filler players are added to the end of the bench. With injuries and such they sometimes sneak some minutes but it's not bad. I'm my upcoming off season I plan to take control of every team and fill them up with real players or at least the low 2k generated players.

In the default historic draft classes there are only the players 2k has the rights to, so I've been creating all missing 1st rounders and notable missing 2nd/undrafted guys so after two drafts there should be enough real players that all the fillers can go away for good.

Thats awesome! Have you considered uploading your adjusted draft classes to the market so they could be used? I'd be well up for save with this roster.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man

Post#2133 » by TheDominator273 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:17 am

I could upload them absolutely. My 2007 draft class file got corrupted but I can remake that one. You're on Xbox right?
King Malta
Starter

Post#2134 » by King Malta » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:20 am

TheDominator273 wrote:I could upload them absolutely. My 2007 draft class file got corrupted but I can remake that one. You're on Xbox right?

That would be awesome :D

I'm on both, currently using XBox for NBA 2k though.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man

Post#2135 » by TheDominator273 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:22 am

King Malta wrote:
TheDominator273 wrote:I could upload them absolutely. My 2007 draft class file got corrupted but I can remake that one. You're on Xbox right?

Sounds good, I'll remake 2007 and upload it. Note for big time players who looked different early in their careers I create my own version of them rather than the current player model 2k uses
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#2136 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:36 am

TheDominator273 wrote:
King Malta wrote:

Sounds good, I'll remake 2007 and upload it. Note for big time players who looked different early in their careers I create my own version of them rather than the current player model 2k uses

Yea post the name of those rosters I might get up on that at some point. Haven't been into 2K this season but this historic stuff sounds fun.
King Malta
Starter

Post#2137 » by King Malta » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:56 am

Calinks wrote:
TheDominator273 wrote:
King Malta wrote:

Yea post the name of those rosters I might get up on that at some point. Haven't been into 2K this season but this historic stuff sounds fun.

I've put a line through it since 2k decided not to upload Ryan Saunders as the new coach tbh, sick of the big AAA developers pandering to online audiences and letting stuff like this slip.

Would definitely be up for a historic run though. I've actually been picking up a few old NBA 2k titles as I come accross them (bought 2k9 the other day) for some nostalgia play throughs.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man

Post#2138 » by TheDominator273 » Thu Apr 4, 2019 4:47 am

I used the roster from "thundershaq" on Xbox. He has a few different rosters uploaded if you want to try from a different year than I used
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#2139 » by UcanUwill » Thu Apr 4, 2019 3:35 pm

This recent news of Anthems development made me question everything I have ever seen in E3. I have a strong feeling Beyond good and evil 2 is as BS as Anthem, and I really hope what we saw from Ghosts of Tsushima and Cyberppunk is legit gameplay and all.
King Malta
Starter

Post#2140 » by King Malta » Fri Apr 5, 2019 12:43 am

UcanUwill wrote:This recent news of Anthems development made me question everything I have ever seen in E3. I have a strong feeling Beyond good and evil 2 is as BS as Anthem, and I really hope what we saw from Ghosts of Tsushima and Cyberppunk is legit gameplay and all.

CPR have elicited a large amount of good will from me after the Witcher 3, so I'm quite hopeful that Cyberpunk will be as good as it looks.

I'm 100% with you though, I'm becoming increasingly cynical towards everything I see at E3 and on trailers in general tbh.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves