The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1861 » by Klomp » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:36 am

It's great when your MyPlayer gets traded from the Pistons to the Spurs and almost instantly gets inserted into the starting lineup.

We were like .500 with the Pistons, but the Spurs are dominating teams! Being a PG on this team is so easy!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,598

Post#1862 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:05 am

Haven't played first Star wars Battlefront, I heard it was awful and had no content. But the sequel from early previews looks pretty good so far, it has cannon story mode.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#1863 » by Calinks » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:42 pm

Anyone following E3? I am pretty excited to see what Microsoft will cook up today, they definitely need to make some waves as they are in a pretty bad spot right now PR wise.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Ikerd
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#1864 » by Ikerd » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Calinks wrote:Anyone following E3? I am pretty excited to see what Microsoft will cook up today, they definitely need to make some waves as they are in a pretty bad spot right now PR wise.

As a PC gamer, I was quite pleased to see numerous games slated for Win10 release via their Play Anywhere program. Thought overall they put on a really good show with lots of variety. The new console looks nice.

Still not sure what to think about Anthem (Bioware's new IP). Looks incredible, but after getting bored with Andromeda's open worlds filled with...well, not a whole lot...i'm a bit leery. I do like jetpacks though.

If anyone missed it, Devolver's PrePreShow thing they did in the wee hours of last night is worth checking out. It's absolutely absurd, and probably NSFW:
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#1865 » by Mattya » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:44 pm

I really liked Microsoft's conference. Reminded me a lot of Sony's last E3(Games, Games, Games). The only part I didn't like is the Forza presentation. The game looked great, but every conference they have to show some new real life car that I would guess nobody really cares about.

The pirate game looks like a really fun game with friends.

Anthem looks amazing. That will be a great co op game in the mold of Destiny. Hopefully the storytelling and presentation is a lot better, but I also expect that for the actual Destiny sequel.

Dragon ball Figher Z looks fun. Metro had some amazing graphics.

I really hope the new Assassin's Creed game really focused on creating better gameplay and missions. I can't think of anybody who like playing "follow target while he gives dialogue for 20 minutes." I wish the stealth in that game had a little more depth as well. I don't know why they didn't stick to that pirate formula. I thought the ship battles and pirate related stuff was the best gameplay in the entire series.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1866 » by Calinks » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:20 pm

PRetty much all of Microsofts major releases will also be available on Windows 10 PC if you didn't already know so if you are a PC gamer with a capable machine, you basically have an xbox.

I thought Microsoft conference was OK. They really need to do something to console gamers on their side and they lack the games to do it right now. I think they needed to have a more impressive showing for the Xbox X. It looked good but nothing screamed out like "YOU NEED TO GET THIS UPGRADE." It was well done with pacing though. It was the best conference of the show so far IMO but none have been great. Tonight Sony should come in and change that though, they have all the ammunition to put on a great show.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1867 » by Mattya » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Calinks wrote:PRetty much all of Microsofts major releases will also be available on Windows 10 PC if you didn't already know so if you are a PC gamer with a capable machine, you basically have an xbox.

I thought Microsoft conference was OK. They really need to do something to console gamers on their side and they lack the games to do it right now. I think they needed to have a more impressive showing for the Xbox X. It looked good but nothing screamed out like "YOU NEED TO GET THIS UPGRADE." It was well done with pacing though. It was the best conference of the show so far IMO but none have been great. Tonight Sony should come in and change that though, they have all the ammunition to put on a great show.

Spiderman, God of War, Uncharted DLC, probably Destiny sequel, more Star Wars Battlefront sequel, the Detroit game by the Heavy Rain makers, Days Gone. Should be a really good show. I have always been a Playstation fan. Just enjoy their exclusives so much more. I don't think Xbox can match the exclusive quality, but that system had some impressive graphics(if they really are that good).
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1868 » by Mattya » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Almost forgot about The Last of Us sequel.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#1869 » by Grits n Gravy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:21 am

Mattya wrote:
Calinks wrote:PRetty much all of Microsofts major releases will also be available on Windows 10 PC if you didn't already know so if you are a PC gamer with a capable machine, you basically have an xbox.

Spiderman, God of War, Uncharted DLC, probably Destiny sequel, more Star Wars Battlefront sequel, the Detroit game by the Heavy Rain makers, Days Gone. Should be a really good show. I have always been a Playstation fan. Just enjoy their exclusives so much more. I don't think Xbox can match the exclusive quality, but that system had some impressive graphics(if they really are that good).

That looks really cool. I haven't got a console but might get one some time soon in anticipation of that one, Last of us 2 and Red dead 2.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#1870 » by TheDominator273 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:40 am

So my last player lock career in 2k17 is dead after the file got corrupted so I'm doing a new one as Rick Rubio's fictional younger brother Raphael.

Anyways I just went through the draft and the lottery was quite interesting.

1. Phi - Fultz 79 ovr
2. LAL - Ball 78 ovr
3. Bos - Markkanen 74 ovr
4. Phx - Fox 76 ovr
5. Sac - Tatum 76 ovr
6. Orl - Ntilikina 74 ovr
7. Min - Jackson 77 ovr
8. NYK - Smith Jr 75 ovr
9. Dal - Monk 75 ovr
10. Sac - Rabb 70 ovr
11. Cha - Isaac 75 ovr
12. Det - Anunoby 72 ovr
13. Den - Rubio (fitting because Ricky would fit great with their shooters)
14. Mia - Pasecniks 69 ovr

If this happened on draft night I would be so elated. Also wouldn't be too surprised to see Ainge make a pick out of left field like Markkanen at 3 or Vlade reaching on someone like Rabb at 10
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#1871 » by Klomp » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Calinks wrote:Klomp do you use wifi on your xbox? If possible I'd try a wired connection and see if that still goes out. I kind of doubt your xbox having internet issues would have anything to do with your consoles over all health. Could just be having wifi issues which happens form time to time with consoles. Might need to try refreshing your isp address or half a dozen other things if there is a wifi issue.

Yes I use wifi. I ended up just unplugging the wifi receiver thing and plugging it back in, that seemed to solve it. Every once in awhile I still have to go into the settings, but not often.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,598

Post#1872 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:04 pm

So, after trial and error and lots of rage quitting countless story campaigns, I finally reached X Com 2 final mission on commander Ironman. And then I got terribly murdered lol. But it seems when you reach final mission they let you load back and start mission again, even on Ironman. Which is very understandable mechanic, but still feels a bit wrong, because x com to me is all about living with screwed up luck and mistakes you did.
X com is all about ironman, if you beat the game but was loading and going back after failed missions, you didn't really beat the game in my book.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1873 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:38 am

This is pretty damn sweet! Good job Live.

Read on Twitter
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Post#1874 » by minimus » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:02 am

Guys, does anybody use Nintendo Switch? Is it worth buying?
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1875 » by Mattya » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:11 am

minimus wrote:Guys, does anybody use Nintendo Switch? Is it worth buying?

I enjoy it, but for me there isn't much to play. Zelda is great, MARIO kart is great(pretty much the same as the Wii U version imo), but after that there isn't much that I want to play. I'm waiting on MARIO odyssey. If that is enough for you, or there are other games you are interested in, then I recommend it. It is sneaky expensive if you want any extra controllers though. But the ability to take any game anywhere is great!
minimus
RealGM

Post#1876 » by minimus » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:20 am

Mattya wrote:
minimus wrote:Guys, does anybody use Nintendo Switch? Is it worth buying?

I enjoy it, but for me there isn't much to play. Zelda is great, MARIO kart is great(pretty much the same as the Wii U version imo), but after that there isn't much that I want to play. I'm waiting on MARIO odyssey. If that is enough for you, or there are other games you are interested in, then I recommend it. It is sneaky expensive if you want any extra controllers though. But the ability to take any game anywhere is great!

Thanks! I'm a newbie to Nintendo world :) Zelda looks like masterpiece. Just watched upcoming releases, there will be NBA2K18. I wish "Playdead" studio releases "Limbo" and "Inside", and Ubisoft with XCOM series but overall roadmap for games is not bad.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1877 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:08 am

With the Switch you are getting lss power, lower tiered graphics and games. Also there is a lack of third party support, meaning games not made by Nintendo. most of the big name games wont be on switch. With that said, people really seem to like it and if you commute often or think having a mobile system will be a benefit to you, its a cool feature.

I think if you are looking to do some decent gaming and you have no console but want to play most of the good games, get a PS4 or maybe Xbox. If you are cool with just the Nintendo games or you already have a PS4 or Xbox, its a great secondary console.
minimus
RealGM

Post#1878 » by minimus » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:18 am

The problem with PS4 is that I dont have TV at home :) So Switch will be used as mobile system 95% of time.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1879 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:34 am

minimus wrote:The problem with PS4 is that I dont have TV at home :) So Switch will be used as mobile system 95% of time.

I don't know where you live but you can get a used HDTV for under 100 bucks, may be on the smaller end but its a reasonable price to pay for some good gaming. If you dont want to do that though, Switch is a fantastic choice for such a situation. I am fairly sure you dont need a tv to play it so yea, probably a good call in getting that.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1880 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:40 am

NBA Live demo drops sometime after midnight tonight. Think we get to start the career mode. I am looking forward to it!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves