The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,297

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1941 » by Calinks » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:40 am

Anyone give or receive any games for the holiday?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,160

The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1942 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Calinks wrote:Anyone give or receive any games for the holiday?

My wife bought me 2k18 on ps4. Im so happy :)

P.s. i just got married exactly one week ago :)
Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1943 » by Calinks » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:25 pm

ALICEinJAM wrote:

Wow! Congratulations to you and your wife!
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,160

Post#1944 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Calinks wrote:
ALICEinJAM wrote:

Wow! Congratulations to you and your wife!

Thank you man!

LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#1945 » by walk with me » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:02 pm

I beat getting over it and cuphead this past week. If you’re not familiar check big out on YouTube. They’re pretty cool.
Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Post#1946 » by Varejao17 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:25 pm

O bought Bloodborne after selling my old Bloodborne last tear. I got angry cause it's so difficult, but after onde year, I decided to give It another try...
props to C.lupus
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1947 » by Calinks » Thu Apr 5, 2018 4:08 pm

So I started playing 2K again and this time the actual franchise mode. I have a big problem, how the hell do you guys score with wings? As a big I can get buckets by posting up, put backs, post spins, but its so damn hard to get open as a wing beyond the rare pass to open guy opportunity that comes up. Its really annoying. Butler and Wiggins are almost useless. Seems like I can never shake any defender and every shot is super contested. The only times I can get wing buckets while holding the ball is if I get lucky on a pick and roll and that gets boring having to abuse that every time and hope it works.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,864

Post#1948 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 5, 2018 4:15 pm

Calinks wrote:So I started playing 2K again and this time the actual franchise mode. I have a big problem, how the hell do you guys score with wings? As a big I can get buckets by posting up, put backs, post spins, but its so damn hard to get open as a wing beyond the rare pass to open guy opportunity that comes up. Its really annoying. Butler and Wiggins are almost useless. Seems like I can never shake any defender and every shot is super contested. The only times I can get wing buckets while holding the ball is if I get lucky on a pick and roll and that gets boring having to abuse that every time and hope it works.

Don't ask me, I still play 2k16 on the 360.....
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1949 » by Calinks » Thu Apr 5, 2018 4:42 pm

lol well you got any tips on doing it there, controls I think are mostly the same.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#1950 » by TheDominator273 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:58 pm

Gotta run plays to get them open. Personally I'm a big fan of the "Flow" freelance set and if that breaks down running PNR. From the wings with KAT as the roll man (LB/L1 then LT/L2 to call for a pick from KAT assuming he's playing Center)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1951 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 5, 2018 7:01 pm

Calling for screens is a big part of it. Also, I like to get defenders off-balance with a good pump fake when I can. I rarely call plays.

I recently started a new MyCareer, creating a 7-foot small forward (point forward skill set). Been splitting time between SF and PF for Detroit.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

TheDominator273
Sixth Man

Post#1952 » by TheDominator273 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 11:02 pm

Pump fakes don't really work against the cpu in 2k18 unfortunately. I wish they would though because I'd love to be able to pump fake at a defender closing out a 3, take one dribble to the side as they fly by and knock it down from deep. There's just something satisfying about that sequence to me.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1953 » by Calinks » Fri Apr 6, 2018 1:15 am

I'm going to practice some more tonight. The field goal percentage is killing me.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1954 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 6, 2018 2:03 am

Calinks wrote:I'm going to practice some more tonight. The field goal percentage is killing me.

I tell you what, the one time I got a chance to play 2k18, the shooting timing is much harder.

TheDominator273
Sixth Man

Post#1955 » by TheDominator273 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 2:15 am

Calinks wrote:I'm going to practice some more tonight. The field goal percentage is killing me.

Are you on Xbox or PS4?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1956 » by Calinks » Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:39 am

I'm on xbox.

One thing that really annoys the crap out of me about these games is how they inflate the hell out of players on good teams. Draymond Green is so overrated as a defender in here. I have Towns who clearly has size advantage on Green in the post yet Towns gets his shots swatted, everything bricks, its so stupid. Green isn't 7 feet tall, no matter the shot Green can block or defend it.

I am also pretty sure that teams who are good defensively also get some BS ability to lower your chances of hitting shots even if they are open. First quarter of the game I got 5 open looks at three missed them all. WIDE OPEN good shot feed back they all brick. I shot 6 percent in the fist 1 quarter 6 PERCENT. Its crazy, I took so many good shots too. Annoys the crap out of me.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man

Post#1957 » by TheDominator273 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:59 am

Calinks wrote:I'm on xbox.

One thing that really annoys the crap out of me about these games is how they inflate the hell out of players on good teams. Draymond Green is so overrated as a defender in here. I have Towns who clearly has size advantage on Green in the post yet Towns gets his shots swatted, everything bricks, its so stupid. Green isn't 7 feet tall, no matter the shot Green can block or defend it.

I am also pretty sure that teams who are good defensively also get some BS ability to lower your chances of hitting shots even if they are open. First quarter of the game I got 5 open looks at three missed them all. WIDE OPEN good shot feed back they all brick. I shot 6 percent in the fist 1 quarter 6 PERCENT. Its crazy, I took so many good shots too. Annoys the crap out of me.

You're gonna want to check this project out then. https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball-rosters/913883-nba2kgoat-simworld-hyperballer-dc-collaboration-nba-2k18-xbox-one.html. It's hands down the best roster/sliders/draft classes available for 2k.

It took them a long time to get released this year as 2k added new tendencies and they had to work to nail down players and their tendencies, but now that its out it's for sure worth restarting your franchise for.

Personally I followed the guideline in their Google doc to sim the first season, manually editing injuries and their lengths as well as making roster moves on the appropriate date. I then took over an expansion franchise in the off season and I'm 8 games into my first season with them. I watch the games CPU vs CPU and act as the GM. I will dictate minutes for players to the coach if I feel like the rotations are lacking but otherwise I'm limiting myself to making roster moves and watching it all play out.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#1958 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Apr 7, 2018 10:47 am

I got metal gear solid 5 a few weeks ago, old game I know. It's really cool despite not knowing the back story having only played the first metal gear solid game. Open world, lots to do and collect and the game play is great too.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1959 » by Calinks » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1960 » by Calinks » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:I got metal gear solid 5 a few weeks ago, old game I know. It's really cool despite not knowing the back story having only played the first metal gear solid game. Open world, lots to do and collect and the game play is great too.

ITs got the best gameplay of any metal gear but for a big metal gear fan like me the story is a big let down . The old games have crazy awesome stories that are super complex.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves