Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#2081 » by AirP. » Thu Sep 6, 2018 10:19 pm

Read on Twitter
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,784

Post#2082 » by UcanUwill » Fri Sep 7, 2018 6:49 am

Calinks wrote:I disagree on him being a terrible Superman. I really think the direction/writing has screwed him. I still hold out hope that someone will give Superman a great script and direction and Cavil can shine.

Yes, you are probably right. Justice league wasn't very good, but I think Cavill in that wasn't bad, it was first movie in DCEU, where I thought Superman was done close to right. Too bad they are building on MoS and BvS, I wish they said, screw this, these two are not cannon, we building from WW. But this is OT, sorry.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,784

Post#2083 » by UcanUwill » Sat Sep 8, 2018 10:55 am

So Spiderman finally released, saw some legit footage, and man does that game looks good, one of the best graphics I have seen. I just love how vibrant and colorful everything looks, one of the main reason I loved Witcher 3 or Bioshock Infinite graphics, its so colorful and detailed.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#2084 » by Calinks » Sat Sep 8, 2018 5:22 pm

Yea I got the Spader! Broke my old tv by falling on accident so got a new 43 inch TCL 4K with Dolby HDR. Game looks damn good on the pro, has really smooth gameplay but its actually pretty involved, they start you off with a lot of abilities but there is still a skill tree. Web slinging is great played about 90 minutes of it and messed around for about half an hour of that. All in all it looks and feels pretty damn good.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#2085 » by Calinks » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:31 am

Max his ass!!!

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,824

Post#2086 » by AirP. » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:28 pm

NBA 2k19, the menu system has been revamped for better graphics but the usability has dropped greatly. When looking at what I want to do with my team or players(I manage and watch games) I can only see 5 players at a time(vs 8 with 2k18) and basically all the fonts are much larger meaning less stats and attributes you can see, it's really quite annoying. I think 2k18 was great for finding info, 2k19 to me is a nightmare and might be enough just to uninstall it even with the drafting from the past ability, 2k19 is just wasting space for no apparent reason.

Bringing up a boxscore I can only see 3 player's stats? Why does the player's picture and logo take up so much of the screen in really both versions?

2k19 (I used snippet to get the image so the ratios may be off slightly)

2k18
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#2087 » by Calinks » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Sometimes it seems like they just mess with stuff because they can and try to label it as all new.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#2088 » by Calinks » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:53 am

They added a new mentor system to 2K. That's pretty cool. I wish they would make some bigger changes in My League but I do appreciate the little tweaks year to year.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,924

Post#2089 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Calinks wrote:They added a new mentor system to 2K. That's pretty cool. I wish they would make some bigger changes in My League but I do appreciate the little tweaks year to year.

What are the significant changes? At this point, I'm thinking I might just stick with 2k18 for awhile unless the reviews are overwhelming.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#2090 » by Calinks » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:They added a new mentor system to 2K. That's pretty cool. I wish they would make some bigger changes in My League but I do appreciate the little tweaks year to year.

What are the significant changes? At this point, I'm thinking I might just stick with 2k18 for awhile unless the reviews are overwhelming.

I haven't done too much, just messing around with my league and drafting, watching games play out. With what I have seen so far I wouldn't say there are major changes that would urge you to jump ship, especially considering you just got 2K18 and are enjoying it. Someone else may be able to provide a better answer. I have mostly been playing Spider-man on PS4.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#2091 » by shangrila » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:21 am

Calinks wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I haven't done too much, just messing around with my league and drafting, watching games play out. With what I have seen so far I wouldn't say there are major changes that would urge you to jump ship, especially considering you just got 2K18 and are enjoying it. Someone else may be able to provide a better answer. I have mostly been playing Spider-man on PS4.

It's incredible.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#2092 » by Calinks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:55 am

Can't believe its been so long since anyone posted in this one lol. 2018 was a hell of a year for video games.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,924

Post#2093 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:14 am

Calinks wrote:Can't believe its been so long since anyone posted in this one lol. 2018 was a hell of a year for video games.

Most of us regulars are getting older and probably don't play as often. I know I'm down to about once a week, if that. Just made it up to the NBA in 2k19 though.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#2094 » by minimus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:17 am

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:Can't believe its been so long since anyone posted in this one lol. 2018 was a hell of a year for video games.

Most of us regulars are getting older and probably don't play as often. I know I'm down to about once a week, if that. Just made it up to the NBA in 2k19 though.

Yeah! It is funny but I have bought Xbox One only to play old games such as Limbo, Inside, XCOM2 WoC. Looking forward to play Iron Harvest and Phoenix Point. Metro Exodus also in the list.
Varejao17
Rookie
And1: 165

Post#2095 » by Varejao17 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:33 am

I played Spider Man, God of War and RDR2 a lot this year, last december I bought a Nintendo Switch, completed Pokemon Lets Go. Now I’m playing Zelda BOTW, fantastic game!
props to C.lupus
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#2096 » by minimus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 am

Varejao17 wrote:I played Spider Man, God of War and RDR2 a lot this year, last december I bought a Nintendo Switch, completed Pokemon Lets Go. Now I’m playing Zelda BOTW, fantastic game!

Man, I have not seen you long time here! Nice to see that you are well and play videogames a lot :lol:
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#2097 » by Calinks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:46 pm

I haven't owned myself or extensively played a Nintendo console since the Nintendo 64 but later this year I will probably grab a Switch.
Varejao17
Rookie

Post#2098 » by Varejao17 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:05 pm

minimus wrote: Man, I have not seen you long time here! Nice to see that you are well and play videogames a lot :lol:

Lol sir, that’s what you can do with a 2 months vacation and no money to travel. Nice to see you doing well too!
props to C.lupus
Varejao17
Rookie

Post#2099 » by Varejao17 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:07 pm

Calinks wrote:I haven't owned myself or extensively played a Nintendo console since the Nintendo 64 but later this year I will probably grab a Switch.

My last nintendo was also the 64, but I found one switch at a very good price last black friday and decided to give it a try, no regrets...
props to C.lupus
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#2100 » by Calinks » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Fired up 2K again, I really haven't been playing 2K as much the last couple of years, been playing other games but at the very least I have gotten into simulating seasons and building teams. Started a new wolves franchise and started today. Simulated the rest of the season and we made the playoffs as the 8th seed, had some huge runs. I did fire Thibs right away and hired a coach with really good stats so I wonder if that played a factor in how much we won.

Anyway, went into next season, drafted a rated 75 center who had really good stats for a defensive guy and A potential. I used a custom draft class with real players this guy is Daniel Gafford. https://www.nbadraft.net/players/daniel-gafford

With his stats in the game I could definitely mold him into a stater. I put Wiggins on the trade block and 2K of course had some crazy offers, lots of teams willing to give up picks and even some decent players. I got an unprotected first and a role player from the Suns.

Rose went to Houston, Taj is gone, Tolliver signed somewhere else too. I pretty much have role guys and young players filling in all the bench spots. Team probably wont be good this season but I will roll the dice and develop. If we do flop I should have two good lottery picks.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves