ImageImageImage

Official OT Thread pt. II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Re: The Rant, Vent, Cry, Whine, Let-It-Out Thread 

Post#21 » by Esohny » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:54 am

I despise Jennifer Aniston. I can't understand how she has a career when she's garbage as an actress and ungodly overrated as a beauty.

Oh, were we supposed to rant about our unwatchable basketball team?
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#22 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:09 am

rant about anything you want.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#23 » by B Calrissian » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:22 am

Esohny wrote:I despise Jennifer Aniston. I can't understand how she has a career when she's garbage as an actress and ungodly overrated as a beauty.

Those are my thoughts on Nic Cage. His career has been a series of overdone facial expressions. Although I'm not sure if he is considered a beauty or not.

I've also been annoyed by Tommy Lee Jones lately. I watched the Fugitive last night and a few times I cringed at his delivery. It was almost like watching someone mock Tommy Lee Jones.
Esohny
RealGM

Post#24 » by Esohny » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:39 am

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Cage either.
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#25 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:50 am

I hate both cage and tlj...I also hate Jon Voight and Al Pacino.
eyeteeth
Starter
And1: 147

Post#26 » by eyeteeth » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:52 am

Cage will work for anybody. He lost all his $$ and went into serious debt when his financial manager did the financial manager equivalent of streaking at a white tie gala and then barfing in the pool. He has had a few good performances (eg Moonstruck) and a few really good roles (Lord of War), but mostly he's just an easy actor to get to act in your movie.

Greg Oden is like Yao Ming except that he'll never get to have a single 80 game season. Not interested unless he's cheap bordering on free.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#27 » by B Calrissian » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:58 am

moss_is_1 wrote:I hate both cage and tlj...I also hate Jon Voight and Al Pacino.

Pacino ruined Heat for me. I'll always have a soft spot for Voight because of Seinfeld episode where he bites Kramer. I bet you hated Heat since both of them were in it.

I also didn't think Voight was all that bad in Deliverance but maybe that is because I was distracted by how ridiculous Reynolds' sweater was. It looked like it was part wet suit and part sweater vest. I'm laughing just picturing it.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#28 » by B Calrissian » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:07 am

eyeteeth wrote:Cage will work for anybody. He lost all his $$ and went into serious debt when his financial manager did the financial manager equivalent of streaking at a white tie gala and then barfing in the pool. He has had a few good performances (eg Moonstruck) and a few really good roles (Lord of War), but mostly he's just an easy actor to get to act in your movie.

Greg Oden is like Yao Ming except that he'll never get to have a single 80 game season. Not interested unless he's cheap bordering on free.

Haha so maybe it's just ppl messing with him.

"Nic we need you to come to this beautiful scenic area to star in a remake of The Wicker Man."

"Ok, what exactly will I be doing? I ask because I seem to look like a complete joke in most the roles I've been offered lately."

"You'll be making facial expressions that make you look like your pants are full of your acting. Also there is this thing with bees but we will get to that later. "

"Hmmm ok. Sounds way better than the last few movies I was in."
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#29 » by Basti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:07 pm

iTunes :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Tha Juice
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#30 » by Tha Juice » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 pm

basti wrote:iTunes :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

+1. I don't even have an iPod but it always takes forever to open up iTunes, always asks you to update to a newer version, songs wont play or they get stuck, I'll preset a song to the hip-hop setting and it wont save the next time I open iTunes up. iTunes has also deleted my sisters music off her iPod twice.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Basti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:20 pm

For more than one hour I'm trying to buy two songs from the iTunes store and it keeps telling me that I need to download the latest iTunes upgrade. Well I had done that two hours ago.

If anything this is further proof why I'll never gonna buy any Apple products at all. It sucks that I have to buy these two songs there but it's my friends' band and their label is too small to release CDs yet. The only way to buy these songs is from iTunes.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Basti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Apparently I messed up filling out the box with my birth dates. On three different accounts. Seriously? I seriously start to believe they are toying with me.

Edit: I tried to fill in another day as my birthday just to see what happens. When I enter my actual birthday I get the message "the data you entered doesn't match with your personal data". So I tried February 1st instead of March 1st. Now I get the message "The data you entered is wrong". Seriously??? It appears as my actual birthday is correct but they're just trying to mess with me. Maybe I should just allow them to send me their spam.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#33 » by john2jer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Esohny wrote:I despise Jennifer Aniston. I can't understand how she has a career when she's garbage as an actress and ungodly overrated as a beauty.

THIS!!!

Seriously, sometimes I get confused and think we're the same person.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Basti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:43 pm

You guys were probably separated twins at birth.
Tha Juice
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#35 » by Tha Juice » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:50 pm

basti wrote:For more than one hour I'm trying to buy two songs from the iTunes store and it keeps telling me that I need to download the latest iTunes upgrade. Well I had done that two hours ago.

If anything this is further proof why I'll never gonna buy any Apple products at all. It sucks that I have to buy these two songs there but it's my friends' band and their label is too small to release CDs yet. The only way to buy these songs is from iTunes.

Wow thats pretty lame. Maybe somethings wrong with the iTunes store because when I try to log in the page loads and then the page completely goes blank and wont let me browse. I'm all up to date with the software upgrades so not sure what the deal is.

Edit: I just checked my Napster account and found your friends band and the 2 songs so you could try that. I had one credit left so went ahead and bought "Home Is Where Your House Is"
http://music.napster.com/ludwig-van-mus ... gin=search
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#36 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:01 pm

I haven't had any problems but I haven't upgraded to the latest version either. Maybe try reverting back one version?
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#37 » by funkatron101 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:13 pm

john2jer wrote:

THIS!!!

That's just because you both had that nude spread with the conveniently placed tie in GQ.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#38 » by funkatron101 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Four Wiretap headlines dedicated to Melo. **** that guy!

Edit: Now five... Come on.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Esohny
RealGM

Post#39 » by Esohny » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:43 pm

funkatron101 wrote:
john2jer wrote:

THIS!!!

That's just because you both had that nude spread with the conveniently placed tie in GQ.

J2J had an ascot.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Basti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Tha Juice wrote:
basti wrote:For more than one hour I'm trying to buy two songs from the iTunes store and it keeps telling me that I need to download the latest iTunes upgrade. Well I had done that two hours ago.

Wow thats pretty lame. Maybe somethings wrong with the iTunes store because when I try to log in the page loads and then the page completely goes blank and wont let me browse. I'm all up to date with the software upgrades so not sure what the deal is.

Edit: I just checked my Napster account and found your friends band and the 2 songs so you could try that. I had one credit left so went ahead and bought "Home Is Where Your House Is"
http://music.napster.com/ludwig-van-mus ... gin=search

Turns out I finally managed to log in. For some reason iTunes doesn't work well with the Opera browser and at some point iTunes automatically opens a tab in your browser. So I switched to Firefox (god I hate that browser now after upgrading to Opera). Also my girlfriend told me she had similar issues so she gave me some instructions on how to log in. I bought the two songs but I've yet to download them as I have no credit card. There's another option that you can use (similar to paypal) but it takes about two days until my account is verified.

So is it legal now to download stuff from Napster?

Edit: thanks for helping me out.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves