ImageImageImage

Nemanja Bjelica

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

funfactor
Junior
And1: 76

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#1181 » by funfactor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:30 pm

Please, there's no need to trade G, he's an underradar beast. VERY skilled, hard worker and humble. And if he's offered 20M next summer... well, then maybe he is worth it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#1182 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Tirion wrote:Why would you want to trade a good young bigman, who is a hard worker and improves every year?

Apparently, we aren't allowed to have good depth on this team. If we have two good players at one position, one of them must be traded.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#1183 » by Killboard » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Im not against G by any means. I support him and I think he will have (and deserve) a big contract. I want him to do it well while he play for us, but if Bjelly can replicate 70-80% of G performance at 1/3 of the cost, I would trade G for good value in a position of need.

I envision Towns, Lavine and Wiggins as our core, with Rubio and Dunn like secondary pieces. But G overlaps with Towns too much IMO to handle 1/5 of the cap each.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#1184 » by Worm Guts » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Killboard wrote:Im not against G by any means. I support him and I think he will have (and deserve) a big contract. I want him to do it well while he play for us, but if Bjelly can replicate 70-80% of G performance at 1/3 of the cost, I would trade G for good value in a position of need.

I envision Towns, Lavine and Wiggins as our core, with Rubio and Dunn like secondary pieces. But G overlaps with Towns too much IMO to handle 1/5 of the cap each.

At this point, I don't know what we would trade him for that would be of more use than he is. I suppose we could use another wing, but trading Gorgui would just open a hole with our front court depth.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1185 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Killboard wrote:I envision Towns, Lavine and Wiggins as our core, with Rubio and Dunn like secondary pieces. But G overlaps with Towns too much IMO to handle 1/5 of the cap each.

No chance Dieng gets $20 million. I don't even think he'll get $15 million.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#1186 » by Mattya » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:21 pm

What teams are going to offer Gorgui that much money? Just looking at the projected cap space for this summer only Dallas, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Miami and the Wolves have $20 million or more in cap space. Other teams would need to create some cap space to be able to offer Gorgui that much money.
Killboard
Analyst

Post#1187 » by Killboard » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Klomp wrote:
Killboard wrote:I envision Towns, Lavine and Wiggins as our core, with Rubio and Dunn like secondary pieces. But G overlaps with Towns too much IMO to handle 1/5 of the cap each.

No chance Dieng gets $20 million. I don't even think he'll get $15 million.

I think that's why they didnt get an extension in place already. Mozgov, Mahinmi, Noah all of them got over 16M and I dont see any of them being better than G. All of them are average starters without upside. If he is underrated by every other team with money in the offseason (or if he has a terrible year), there is a good chance we can lock him for less than 15, but I dont think that happens, specially if we make the playoffs with him in the starting unit.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1188 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Killboard wrote:I think that's why they didnt get an extension in place already. Mozgov, Mahinmi, Noah all of them got over 16M and I dont see any of them being better than G. All of them are average starters without upside. If he is underrated by every other team with money in the offseason (or if he has a terrible year), there is a good chance we can lock him for less than 15, but I dont think that happens, specially if we make the playoffs with him in the starting unit.

He's seen as the 4th/5th wheel of the starting lineup. Mozgov is 7-1 (people overrate/overpay for height) and Noah is a former DPOY. I have no idea why Mahinmi was overpaid so much, but I think teams will learn from mistakes made this past offseason.

Mattya
RealGM

Post#1189 » by Mattya » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Klomp wrote:
Killboard wrote:I think that's why they didnt get an extension in place already. Mozgov, Mahinmi, Noah all of them got over 16M and I dont see any of them being better than G. All of them are average starters without upside. If he is underrated by every other team with money in the offseason (or if he has a terrible year), there is a good chance we can lock him for less than 15, but I dont think that happens, specially if we make the playoffs with him in the starting unit.

He's seen as the 4th/5th wheel of the starting lineup. Mozgov is 7-1 (people overrate/overpay for height) and Noah is a former DPOY. I have no idea why Mahinmi was overpaid so much, but I think teams will learn from mistakes made this past offseason.

More teams had money to spend than there were quality players to spend the money on. Around half the league had over 20 million to spend on players last summer. This summer there are only a handful of teams with that much money to spend.
Killboard
Analyst

Post#1190 » by Killboard » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Mattya wrote:
Klomp wrote:

More teams had money to spend than there were quality players to spend the money on. Around half the league had over 20 million to spend on players last summer. This summer there are only a handful of teams with that much money to spend.

The list of true C's that could change teams next year is also very short. I think S. Adams and Gobert are going to get nearly max money from their teams. Then you have Noel, Bogut, Mason Plumlee and Pachulia, but little to nothing left.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1191 » by Mattya » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Killboard wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Klomp wrote:He's seen as the 4th/5th wheel of the starting lineup. Mozgov is 7-1 (people overrate/overpay for height) and Noah is a former DPOY. I have no idea why Mahinmi was overpaid so much, but I think teams will learn from mistakes made this past offseason.

The list of true C's that could change teams next year is also very short. I think S. Adams and Gobert are going to get nearly max money from their teams. Then you have Noel, Bogut, Mason Plumlee and Pachulia left, but not too much else.

Which also rules out Philadelphia and Miami for sure since they already have centers. Brooklyn maybe if they are desperate and don't care that they are already paying Lopez. So that would leave Dallas and The Hornets(if some of the options are declined) as the only teams that could potentially offer Gorgui that money that also even have a need for a center. Just go through the list below. I only see The Mavericks and Hornets as teams that could at this point realistically offer Gorgui a $20 million contract. Even The Hornets are questionable since they will have to also resign Zeller who they seem to like and will also need a new contract.

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/243084/The-Maximum-Available-2017-Cap-Space-For-All-30-NBA-Teams-Version-10
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#1192 » by Foye » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Klomp wrote:

History says most teams dont learn from their mistakes lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#1193 » by Popovich » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:14 am

Nemanja is happy if MIN winning streak continues, he would not mind that he gets potato (0 points) every time while his team collects a win. I am sure he will start playing better soon because he cant do less than what he showed lately. He did improved his D and some decision making stuff is better but arguable he is still one of the worsts if not THE worst player on the team. :-?
Mrva
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#1194 » by Mrva » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:56 am

Popovich wrote:Nemanja is happy if MIN winning streak continues, he would not mind that he gets potato (0 points) every time while his team collects a win. I am sure he will start playing better soon because he cant do less than what he showed lately. He did improved his D and some decision making stuff is better but arguable he is still one of the worsts if not THE worst player on the team. :-?

He is not the worst player on the team :) But he hasn't been very good either.
Advanced stats show that he's been slightly below average player this season. The talent is there, he need more confidence and to play more with Rubio and Towns.

On the plus side, he looks like he gained some muscle in the upper body.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#1195 » by minimus » Wed Feb 1, 2017 4:24 pm

Interview of the year!
juju14
Pro Prospect
And1: 389

Post#1196 » by juju14 » Thu Feb 2, 2017 1:12 am

He a good defender. Needs to work on his shot and offensive composure.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#1197 » by Popovich » Thu Feb 2, 2017 1:25 am

3 steals one turnover for now for Bjelica, second half starting right now.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#1198 » by Popovich » Thu Feb 2, 2017 4:42 pm

I always kinda hoped that Bjelica could do something similar or to become closer to Bodiroga's game. Burt really he did not yet managed to replicate that signature and patented Bodiroga's dribbling called "the whip" .
VUK1
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#1199 » by VUK1 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 8:34 pm

Is he going to be resigned? If so at what price?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
VUK1
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#1200 » by VUK1 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 8:35 pm

Is he going to be resigned? If so at what price?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves