ImageImageImage

Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Re: Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love) 

Post#41 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
Mattya wrote:
They could very well wait, also HE has a story with Lakers, his father palyed there, he went to UCLA, for christ sake his uncle is the main leader of the Beach Boys.

I don't believe it. When haven't the Lakers splurged? They won't wait if there are other options on the table. The Wolves would trade Love before they let him leave in free agency anyway. Then what will the Lakers do to beat the offers other teams are going to make? Nothing, since they won't have assets. I couldn't care less if his uncle is one of the Beach Boys, and UCLA. That sounds just like Knicks fans with Lebron. "but but Jay Z, said Lebron in a track, and he was wearing a Yankees hat, he was at a club in NY." Sure he might want to play there, but there are other places he might want to play for more. The Knicks actually have Cap Space the year Love has an option, Chicago is long rumored to be a place Love wants to play because Rose is a friend of his.

Noah and picks for Love?

If the Bulls would do it, I know I would. I would guess they would offer, Deng, Gibson, Their 1st, and Charlotte 1st.

OKC is probably another place he would want to play. Ibaka, Lamb, Toronto 1st for Love would work for me.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#42 » by The J Rocka » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:34 pm

We've pretty much rolled out the red carpet for Love here. Moved Big Al to let Love be 'the guy', went out and got a winning head coach who has ties to Love, moved all the bad blood off the team, and Kahn pretty much goes to Love about possible moves and what players to go after.

I can understand being frustrated about some of Kahn's moves/blown draft picks but at least we had a hellova off-season and are fighting for the playoffs without Rubio. Let everyone get back and have some time to gel for god sakes.

Love should keep his comments to himself and focus on improving on D and getting his jumpshot back. Franchise player should work to improve his own game (even on 21/14) and help carry the team on his back. Quit crying about how bad you have it. You just got payed the max and we went out and got some players to help. Stop being such a diva and help your team get some victories before Rubio shows you how it's done.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#43 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Mattya wrote:
If the Bulls would do it, I know I would. I would guess they would offer, Deng, Gibson, Their 1st, and Charlotte 1st.

OKC is probably another place he would want to play. Ibaka, Lamb, Toronto 1st for Love would work for me.

that's a nice one but do we really want him to team up with Westbrook and Durant? I prefer him going East.
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 335

Post#44 » by PistolP » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:39 pm

Mattya wrote:If the Bulls would do it, I know I would. I would guess they would offer, Deng, Gibson, Their 1st, and Charlotte 1st.

Dont forget this guy
gensu3k1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#45 » by gensu3k1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:40 pm

The J Rocka wrote:We've pretty much rolled out the red carpet for Love here

Oh my god, no. No this is not what has happened.

Moved Big Al to let Love be 'the guy',

When Big Al was moved David Kahn concluded the season thinking that Darko was the best player on the roster and that Love looked like a backup.

went out and got a winning head coach who has ties to Love,

Uh, after having a coach for two seasons who thought Love stunk and didn't give him 30mpg until he was totally humiliated as a coach by the 30/30 game.

moved all the bad blood off the team,

Bad blood they acquired while acting as if Love wasn't that good.
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
"Jan Vesely, this guy can really shoot it." --Jay Bilas, 2011
gensu3k1
Senior

Post#46 » by gensu3k1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Remember when David Kahn rolled out the red carpet by telling season ticket holders that Kevin Love would never be an all-star?
Zach Randolph + Kevin Durant >>>>>>> Greg Oden. Bob Whitsitt>>>>>> Kevin Pritchard.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#47 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
Mattya wrote:

that's a nice one but do we really want him to team up with Westbrook and Durant? I prefer him going East.

It would be sick justice for me, cause I would want Pekovic to get in some nice body blows on Love in the post.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#48 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Send him to LA if he wants to be there so much, but to the Clippers. Get Griffin and Butler for Love and something. I'm tired of the princess complaining there is no enough praises and sweet talk.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#49 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Seriously though? What is Love doing? Is he out of his mind? He has to go to work everyday and see these people and his teammates. Glen Taylor writes his checks. I just don't get his train of thought at all. What do his comments accomplish? He's 20 games into a 3 year deal. Does he really want to poison the well already?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#50 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:45 pm

gensu3k1 wrote:Remember when David Kahn rolled out the red carpet by telling season ticket holders that Kevin Love would never be an all-star?

I believe what he said was he would never be the #1 piece on a championship team...and I don't think that's been disproved at all. I mean Wally freakin' Sczerbiak was an all star. It's not that hard.

gensu3k1
Senior

Post#51 » by gensu3k1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
gensu3k1 wrote:Remember when David Kahn rolled out the red carpet by telling season ticket holders that Kevin Love would never be an all-star?

I believe what he said was he would never be the #1 piece on a championship team...and I don't think that's been disproved at all. I mean Wally freakin' Sczerbiak was an all star. It's not that hard.

right it was a really dumb thing to say. He said he wouldn't be an allstar and would be the 4th best player on a contending team.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#52 » by The J Rocka » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:58 pm

gensu3k1 wrote:
The J Rocka wrote:We've pretty much rolled out the red carpet for Love here

Oh my god, no. No this is not what has happened.

Moved Big Al to let Love be 'the guy',

When Big Al was moved David Kahn concluded the season thinking that Darko was the best player on the roster and that Love looked like a backup.

went out and got a winning head coach who has ties to Love,

Uh, after having a coach for two seasons who thought Love stunk and didn't give him 30mpg until he was totally humiliated as a coach by the 30/30 game.

moved all the bad blood off the team,

Bad blood they acquired while acting as if Love wasn't that good.

What the point? I already know Kahn made some dumbass decisions and never backed him up for them and only his positive moves.

Darko was supposed to be a huge piece for us but lets be honest here, it came down to Big Al or Love, and Kahn felt moving forward with Love/Darko was for the best.

We could've went with Don Nelson, right? Thank god the Lakers passed on RA and getting him here was real important. It also helped that RA & Love go all the way back to Love's young basketball playing days in Oregon. I'm certain Kahn went to Love and asked for his input.

We dumped the bad blood, right? Yes, we did, so why cry about things now? We brought in real players that are good guys yet nothing seems to have changed with Love.

Moral of the story: He just got paid, we improved the roster with his approval, and we're fighting for the playoffs without our other franchise player. We were competing even with Love out. Time to shut up and prove that you were worth every penny and start acting like a leader.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,956

Post#53 » by shrink » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Most obvious trade would be to send him home to POR, for LaMarcus Aldridge and Wes Matthews.

Has Paul Allen unblocked David Kahn's cell phone number yet, after Batum?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#54 » by funkatron101 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:59 pm

The problem is there is too much talking, and not enough performing from all sides. There should be a gag-order on Lovem Kahn and Taylor. Just get to work and start creating a winning environment.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#55 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Let's trade him to the Bobcats for MKG and Biyombo. That will show him. Have fun on the Bobs!

Hambone93
Starter
And1: 501

Post#56 » by Hambone93 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Let's trade him to the Bobcats for MKG and Biyombo. That will show him. Have fun on the Bobs!

Bobcats aren't looking too shabby this season. saying that it's a punishment to play for them just because of an epically bad season is a disservice to them.
VUK1
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#57 » by VUK1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:09 pm

I've been suspicous ever since the "surrounding greatness with greatness quote".
Just seems like all the noises he's been making have been paving the way for a trade demand in the future.

Im just upset that a move wasn't made for Harden which would've been ideal.

Nevertheless I'd be happy with either an Ibaka + Lamb or LMA + wing trade.... cant stand the ego on Love.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#58 » by cpfsf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 pm

The J Rocka wrote:We've pretty much rolled out the red carpet for Love here. Moved Big Al to let Love be 'the guy', went out and got a winning head coach who has ties to Love, moved all the bad blood off the team, and Kahn pretty much goes to Love about possible moves and what players to go after.

I can understand being frustrated about some of Kahn's moves/blown draft picks but at least we had a hellova off-season and are fighting for the playoffs without Rubio. Let everyone get back and have some time to gel for god sakes.

Love should keep his comments to himself and focus on improving on D and getting his jumpshot back. Franchise player should work to improve his own game (even on 21/14) and help carry the team on his back. Quit crying about how bad you have it. You just got payed the max and we went out and got some players to help. Stop being such a diva and help your team get some victories before Rubio shows you how it's done.

and the genius still talks about growing impatient while the team is in contact with other teams and free agents.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#59 » by AQuintus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Love + Pekovic for Dwight
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,085

Post#60 » by m2002brian » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Out: Lover
In: Anderson Varejao and Waiters

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6c6kzj
BLUEGREENRED

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves