ImageImageImage

Free Agency - Swingmen Edition

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Re: Free Agency - Swingmen Edition 

Post#81 » by NikolaPekovic » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:02 pm

courtney lee would be perfect cause unlike reddick he can also play the 3 as well as the two.

i still dont like playing kirilenko as much as we do. hopefully dwill gets more minutes at the 3.

but i would like C. Lee the most out of the wings we would be able to get.

And i would like to keep barea. he adds a dimension that luke doesnt. hes able to penetrate and draw fouls. all luke gives us is a decent spot up mid range shooter.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Post#82 » by andyhop » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:11 am

The 2 biggest myths in this thread are that Courtney Lee can defend and that he can play the 3, despite all the evidence from his career that he can do neither.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,799

Post#83 » by Klomp » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:30 am

“@DarrenWolfson: There's a decent chance James Anderson is here Wed. for a workout. #twolves”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Train
Senior
And1: 9

Post#84 » by Train » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:00 am

Klomp wrote:“@DarrenWolfson: There's a decent chance James Anderson is here Wed. for a workout. #twolves”

Good to hear.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#85 » by Esohny » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:41 am

Train wrote:
Klomp wrote:“@DarrenWolfson: There's a decent chance James Anderson is here Wed. for a workout. #twolves”

Good to hear.

Certainly better than **** Lazar.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#86 » by theGreatRC » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:37 am

I'd take James Anderson..

23 years old, didn't really get a chance to prove himself on a vet team so the curiosity is still there on what he can do..

Obviously him being a FA means he wasn't impressive to the Spurs, but that doesn't mean he can't be a hidden gem
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#87 » by The J Rocka » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:00 am

Thank god we're showing some interest in Anderson. Lazar can kick rocks.

Anderson can shoot, rebound, and dish the ball. If I remember correctly his defense is pretty good too. Catch and shoot player. Perfect player to fill in the gap. I remember being pretty high on him back when we were wasting our mid-late 1st round draft picks.
Chocobanana
Lead Assistant
And1: 214

Post#88 » by Chocobanana » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:25 am

Anderson had an injury that really de-railed his career. Gary Neal took his spot while he was out and he looked slower and couldn't make a shot when he came back. He didn't look very good his first two years in SA (after the injury).

This year, the Spurs signed him when their SF's went out but he still didn't get very many minutes. However, he has looked much more athletic in his limited minutes and plays with more energy. He also isn't a problem character-wise. If he can get his shot going, he can potentially become a decent bench player for the Wolves.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#89 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 am

andyhop wrote:The 2 biggest myths in this thread are that Courtney Lee can defend and that he can play the 3, despite all the evidence from his career that he can do neither.

He can defend....if you watch the games and not just look at numbers you would see. He definitely isn't going to play the 3 though, what is he 6-4? Pry not even that.

Lee isn't an elite defender at all, but he's above average on any guards for sure.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#90 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Based on my research (i played him in 2k13) :

i hope twolves get james anderson.
Plays on both side of the court

heck, if adelman can maximize anderson and pans out, we may not need to trade for Reddick anymore and focus improving other positions like the backup Center and PG or SF
Trust the PRosas!
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#91 » by Dewey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Chocobanana wrote:Anderson had an injury that really de-railed his career. Gary Neal took his spot while he was out and he looked slower and couldn't make a shot when he came back. He didn't look very good his first two years in SA (after the injury).

This year, the Spurs signed him when their SF's went out but he still didn't get very many minutes. However, he has looked much more athletic in his limited minutes and plays with more energy. He also isn't a problem character-wise. If he can get his shot going, he can potentially become a decent bench player for the Wolves.

He's still young and got the size, physical ability, and has had a sweeeet stroke ... but some players just do not recover well from injuries. If he could get some confidence early with his shot - he'd be a nice 15 minute guy that would buy us time to retire Roy and move DW (as both still seem inevitable at this point).
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,222

Post#92 » by Calinks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Dammit. Douglass-Roberts is about to be off the table.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#93 » by The J Rocka » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Calinks wrote:Dammit. Douglass-Roberts is about to be off the table.

We could've pursued him if we had the interest. I think we're looking for more of that 6'6-6'8 wing that can play both 2 and 3.

I guess I didn't realize he was 6'7. Thought he was 6'4 6'5. Not sure why we didn't give him a look then.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#94 » by Esohny » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Not a loss. Would rather have Anderson if the Wolves are bargain bin shopping.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#95 » by horaceworthy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:01 pm

The J Rocka wrote:

We could've pursued him if we had the interest. I think we're looking for more of that 6'6-6'8 wing that can play both 2 and 3.

I guess I didn't realize he was 6'7. Thought he was 6'4 6'5. Not sure why we didn't give him a look then.

CDR was probably never really on the table. He was playing with the Dallas affiliate in the D-League, and it's likely he was given the impression that if he played well he'd be first in line should something happen. Fisher played his last minutes for the Mavs on Tuesday.

It's more an example of Dallas making proper use of the D-League than anything else. I wish the Timberwolves would invest a bit more heavily in it and run their own affiliate like the Mavs, Spurs and Lakers instead of sharing one with 3 other teams.

Anderson was interesting coming out of college, but hasn't done anything but get injured and played in garbage time since. I'm glad that they're at least taking a look at him, but I'm not expecting much.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,799

Post#96 » by Klomp » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:51 pm

“@DarrenWolfson: RT @Can_TB: According to Erman Kunter (coach of Besiktas), Minnesota Timberwolves want Mickael Gelabale. #twolves”

“@DarrenWolfson: @twolvesfan I know he's on their list. That list could be 10 deep. I'm not sure that they've settled on one guy yet.”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Train
Senior
And1: 9

Post#97 » by Train » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Klomp wrote:“@DarrenWolfson: RT @Can_TB: According to Erman Kunter (coach of Besiktas), Minnesota Timberwolves want Mickael Gelabale. #twolves”

“@DarrenWolfson: @twolvesfan I know he's on their list. That list could be 10 deep. I'm not sure that they've settled on one guy yet.”

That's good news then. From what i remember he was pretty good defender.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#98 » by pickIBL » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Gelabale makes sense as he is available. JJ isn't exactly a great athlete. If you can't get him Pietro Aradori is shooting the ball really well in the Euroleague. If the FO thought they were really hurting on the wing I suppose they could just buy him out. Demetris Nichols has always looked pretty good in the D-league and can certainly defend better than a lot of the names being thrown out. Othyus Jeffers looks like he's just signed with the Energy but I don't see any stats for him yet.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#99 » by Tirion » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:13 am

Shooting is absolutely vital imo. Specifically 3 point shooting. That corner three needs to be there for the offense to work at 100%.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#100 » by Nitroglycerin » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:11 am

What about scalabrine?
Trust the PRosas!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves