The Rant, Vent, Cry, Whine, Let-It-Out Thread II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Re: The Rant, Vent, Cry, Whine, Let-It-Out Thread II 

Post#141 » by Basti » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Calinks wrote:I don't understand why the wolves are incapable of putting together respectable win streaks. I don't know where I can find specific win streak information but I think the last time we had one more than 4 games in a row was in 2009. I have no idea when we have won more than 5 games straight. I see playoff teams all the time rattling off 4, 5, 6 game streaks. The Bobcats just had a 4 game win streak. We are so inconsistent, we cant pull that off. We are lucky to get 2 games and 3 games is pretty much our limit.

I guess it speaks volumes about this current team that they can't even get close to the longest win streak we've had in years set by a squad that featured Ryan Gomes and Sebastian Telfair (I think, could be wrong though as I try to forget those teams) in its starting line up. Think about that for a second.

Technically, though, I'd rather have a team go 8 and 2 out of 10 games than have a 6 game winning streak and lose 4 games. Just saying.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#142 » by C.lupus » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:36 pm

Eight inches of wet heavy snow, 30 mph winds, power out for the past 4.5 hours, and I'm having to hand shovel my 350ft driveway because my plow just makes big walls of snow instead of pushing it to the side (because the snow is so sticky). This winter can suck my you know what.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#143 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm

C.lupus wrote:Eight inches of wet heavy snow, 30 mph winds, power out for the past 4.5 hours, and I'm having to hand shovel my 350ft driveway because my plow just makes big walls of snow instead of pushing it to the side (because the snow is so sticky). This winter can suck my you know what.

Not the right time to mention that we have literally no snow on the ground here?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#144 » by C.lupus » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:37 pm

No.

Power was off for about 5.5 hours. I got my driveway plowed finally, though with this wind I'll probably have to do it again tomorrow. But, the sun is out and I'm in and about to pop open a cold brew. Just really ready for winter to be over.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#145 » by Basti » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:23 am

Yesterday it popped into my mind that it's officially spring now. But winter finally decided to show up a little around these parts, too. Not that I'm really sick of it (yet) but it's weird. Last year was 'worse', though. Two feet of snow around Easter.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#146 » by LibertyPrime » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:55 am

I just don't understand Adelman's fascination with Robbie Hummel. It's baffling.
"The last domino falls here!"
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#147 » by jade_hippo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:15 am

I'm not sure if its my loathe of the hot weather that is to come or my dislike of dogs, but I hate spring... I now get to hear the neighborhood dogs barking form just before dawn till just after dusk. Springtime means the thawing of 6 months worth of dog poo hidden in the snow, and now the dog walkers have my whole yard to let their dogs poop and pee in instead of just the sidewalk and front porch. Oh the joy...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#148 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:25 am

jade_hippo wrote:I'm not sure if its my loathe of the hot weather that is to come or my dislike of dogs, but I hate spring... I now get to hear the neighborhood dogs barking form just before dawn till just after dusk. Springtime means the thawing of 6 months worth of dog poo hidden in the snow, and now the dog walkers have my whole yard to let their dogs poop and pee in instead of just the sidewalk and front porch. Oh the joy...

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#149 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:00 am

Look at how far we've come

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=745864

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#150 » by southern wolf » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:07 pm

The sad thing is, this is already our best season since the 04-05 season and we're 10th with 10 games still to play.

Aside from that one conference finals year, it's been nothing but first round exits and a whole lot of **** before and after with this franchise.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by C.lupus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:31 pm

jade_hippo wrote:I'm not sure if its my loathe of the hot weather that is to come or my dislike of dogs, but I hate spring... I now get to hear the neighborhood dogs barking form just before dawn till just after dusk. Springtime means the thawing of 6 months worth of dog poo hidden in the snow, and now the dog walkers have my whole yard to let their dogs poop and pee in instead of just the sidewalk and front porch. Oh the joy...

I can definitely relate to this. I don't have any dog walkers or anything but I have two large dogs that generate lots of poop, all right around the house and in the plowed driveway since the snow is too deep elsewhere. So much fun cleaning up after snowmelt. :roll:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Thats the somewhat nice thing about where I live. Picking up after your dog is a city ordinance.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by C.lupus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:04 pm

I hate this time of year as a Wolves fan. Love has checked out. Adelman has checked out. Wish we could just end the season right now.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#154 » by Klomp » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:07 pm

C.lupus wrote:I hate this time of year as a Wolves fan. Love has checked out. Adelman has checked out. Wish we could just end the season right now.

Here I thought this post was going to be about the coming blizzard. Or will it miss you?

(Mother Nature with a cruel, cruel April Fool's joke, I tell ya!)

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#155 » by C.lupus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:13 pm

It's looking like the worst of it is going northwest of us. We haven't gotten any snow or rain yet but we're suppose to get 7-8 inches overnight tonight. Yesterday at this time they were predicting 12-15 inches so I'll take 8.

I'm actually getting the best of both worlds right now. I took off work today and tomorrow assuming I'd be snowed in. So far no snow but International Falls is getting 3-4 today (and another 6-7 tonight) so I don't even have to feel guilty.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#156 » by C.lupus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:02 pm

OK, seriously this bites. Started out really windy, then the rain came, then temp dropped and froze it all, then it started sleeting, then snowing (still really windy through all of this), and now...now we have snow, wind AND thunder and lightening!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#157 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:02 am

C.lupus wrote:OK, seriously this bites. Started out really windy, then the rain came, then temp dropped and froze it all, then it started sleeting, then snowing (still really windy through all of this), and now...now we have snow, wind AND thunder and lightening!

We had confirmed tornadoes less than 30 miles away down here, and we're in a blizzard warning overnight.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#158 » by C.lupus » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:05 am

I saw there was a tornado near Montevideo. Crazy weather.

Yay spring. :blank:
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#159 » by southern wolf » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:14 am

C.lupus wrote:OK, seriously this bites. Started out really windy, then the rain came, then temp dropped and froze it all, then it started sleeting, then snowing (still really windy through all of this), and now...now we have snow, wind AND thunder and lightening!

Every NBA fan outside of Minnesota must be right. Minnesota is the North pole with buildings.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#160 » by Jukeness » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:55 am

I kind of dont mind winter. I've got a thyroid issue or something, because I am constantly hot and sweating even in the winter.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves