ImageImageImage

WT: Nets Preparing to Pursue Trade for Dwight

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Re: WT: Nets Preparing to Pursue Trade for Dwight 

Post#21 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:04 pm

The J Rocka wrote:We would really lack perimeter scoring & rebounding without Love. As mentioned, if you can get Josh Smith + Lopez + scoring SG, we would be a better team. I'd hate to move Love for Lopez and know nothing else would be lined up for us. I'd also like to think we could get something better if we were to shop Love around more (assuming Kahn hasn't much).

I agree. I love Pekovic and Love, but if we can turn those two players into Lopez, josh Smith and a shooter like Kyle Korver, I'd be all for it.

Rubio/Shved
Ridnour/Barea/Jelly
AK/Korver
Smith/Williams
Lopez/Stiemsma/Johnson

Not only is that a better defensive lineup with Smith and Lopez, it's also much more athletic, and, IMO, would be better-suited for Rubio. Rubio's strengths are up-and-down basketball, improvising, ball movement, penetrating. I'd love to see him have Smith on the wing for alley oops or have him roaming the baseline. We haven't had a shooter like Korver since The Mayor. That's one of the biggest holes in this team is a deadly shooter to open the floor for players like Shved, Rubio and Barea so they can drive the lane.

Even though I'm a huge Love and Pekovic fan, if we could turn those two into Josh Smith, Lopez and a shooter like Korver, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

But if I had one wish, it'd be for everyone on the team to be healthy again and just roll with Rubio, Roy, AK, Love, Pek, Shved, Ridnour, Barea, Williams, etc.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#22 » by Esohny » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Thorpe of ESPN just ranked the top 25 under 25 and Love is 8, Lopez is 9. I think Thorpe is one of the smarter basketball people on the interwebs.

Huh.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#23 » by Maefteda » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:40 pm

I am all for trading away Love, but I can't see how Brook Lopez would fit in, and after watching the game last night, I have no interest in Josh Smith.

Can you guys remember the constant talk about Love for Ibaka+Harden? How about Love for Ibaka+Lamb? It could work out after the season. Especially if OKC don't go on to win it this year either.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Post#24 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Maefteda wrote:I am all for trading away Love, but I can't see how Brook Lopez would fit in, and after watching the game last night, I have no interest in Josh Smith.

Can you guys remember the constant talk about Love for Ibaka+Harden? How about Love for Ibaka+Lamb? It could work out after the season. Especially if OKC don't go on to win it this year either.

OKC wants to win it this year.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#25 » by Krapinsky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Lopez >> Ibaka + Lamb and more importantly we're not sending Love to an inter-division rival
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#26 » by Krapinsky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Maefteda wrote:I am all for trading away Love, but I can't see how Brook Lopez would fit in, and after watching the game last night, I have no interest in Josh Smith.

Really? Why?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Carpe Diem
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#27 » by Carpe Diem » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Cut the Wolves out: Lopez to LA for Dwight. If they are equal in talent, then LA should be attracted to Lopez.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#28 » by AQuintus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Lopez >> Ibaka + Lamb and more importantly we're not sending Love to an inter-division rival

I disagree. I would much rather have Ibaka on our team, especially with Pekovic already at C. Lamb is just a bonus.

With that said, Lamb isn't even close to as valuable as Harden was when those rumors were popping up. Harden was the centerpiece of those deals with Ibaka as added value. So OKC would have to find extra value to add.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#29 » by [RCG] » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Thorpe of ESPN just ranked the top 25 under 25 and Love is 8, Lopez is 9. I think Thorpe is one of the smarter basketball people on the interwebs.

That by itself doesn't mean much. Who is #10?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#30 » by urinesane » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Lol what a stupid article. I like how they assume that not only would Kahn trade Love at all, but for Brook Lopez?

Get the **** outta here.
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#31 » by Maefteda » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Harden+Ibaka would have been way too good for us though, that wouldn't be a fair deal. It's probably a reason why it didn't happen. I agree Ibaka+Lamb may be too little, but you always have the Toronto pick, which could be coupled with our own pick and/or Williams to move up the draft and end up with someone like Noel. Imagine..

Rubio/Ridnour/Lee
Lamb/Shved/Gelabale
Kirilenko/Budinger/Bjelica
Ibaka/Cunningham
Pekovic/Noel/Johnson

I wouldn't care that OKC had the overrated Westbrook/Love combo.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,014

Post#32 » by shrink » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Mattya wrote:

He used to be good, but his takes have gotten worse the past few years.

Which guy said in 2008 that he would have ranked Pekovic in the top two or three players on his draft board lottery if he could come to the US immediately? Was that Thorpe or Hollinger?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#33 » by Wolves21 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 am

I know this rumor has been shot down and all but upon first hearing it I thought GTFO with a deal were we end up with Lopez for Love.But upon second thought that really would be that bad of a deal and close to equal value.I really thing that Love wont be a Wolf for to much longer and has started to turn into a little Marbury i.e but hurt that they save the extra five year deal for Rubio instead of him.Also how he seems to be a lot more vocal about the GM and teammates with him throwing them under the bus earlier this season.Just really starting to get the feeling that he's turning into a diva and doesn't want to be here long term.

So getting Lopez in return for him would be pretty good.Both guys have had injury issues but more so Love then Lopez and Lopez is a much better defender and low post player,but would be giving up the rebounding edge and all around offensive game to Love.

So again if this trade ever happened I would be okay with it but we would then need to move Pek and possible Williams as well to get a legit PF/SG.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#34 » by [RCG] » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:53 am

Then once we trade Love for Lopez we are stuck with Pek & Lopez. We would be in a bind. Would teams trade for him knowing that he'll be a RFA? Why wouldn't they just wait til the offseason and put in a bid. It wouldn't make sense for the Wolves to match a very high bid and have two highly paid centers on the roster. We then get low-balled either way because we have two centers and will need to get rid of one.

I don't like trading Love for Lopez one bit.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#35 » by jade_hippo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:36 am

I wouldn't mind Pek and Other Lopez. Love for Anderson/Other Lopez?
teamwillow
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#36 » by teamwillow » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:43 am

Lopez is actually a solid return for Love
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#37 » by Murphs56 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 am

jade_hippo wrote:I wouldn't mind Pek and Other Lopez. Love for Anderson/Other Lopez?

You're joking right?
Peezo
Rookie
And1: 79

Post#38 » by Peezo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 am

I feel like a conspiracy theorist the way I am always telling people that Kahn is the least respected GM I've ever seen. People just make up stuff as if he has already signed off on the move. If he moved Love fore Lopez I think this fanbase would be livid. Even if that was equal value (which I don't think it - and I am someone who is actually open to dealing K Love) there is no way we would make this move and have Lopez and Pek in the frontcourt. So now we are moving two major pieces? That is such a big swing from our front office when this team hasn't even been on the court all together this year. I couldn't see this happening at all.
Turnover_21 wrote:So who do we get? Capspace? Is Capspace white?
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#39 » by AQuintus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 am

Maefteda wrote:Harden+Ibaka would have been way too good for us though, that wouldn't be a fair deal.

You're understating Love's trade value. Harden was the real prize in that trade, and he was basically salary dumped in the offseason. The difference in what they got, Lamb, Martin's productive expiring contract, and the Toronto pick, and Love is still probably more than Ibaka's value.

It's probably a reason why it didn't happen.

Or, more likely, it didn't happen because both teams liked what they had and didn't even start trade discussions.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#40 » by AQuintus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 am

jade_hippo wrote:I wouldn't mind Pek and Other Lopez. Love for Anderson/Other Lopez?

... and Gordon or the brow, I assume.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves