OT Thread, Part III

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Re: OT Thread, Part III 

Post#1101 » by Calinks » Wed Jun 3, 2020 8:53 pm

You go Klomp! Happy tidings don't overwhelm her with too much Klompness when conversing :)
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,543

Post#1102 » by WolfAddict » Wed Jun 3, 2020 10:44 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Dalvin wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Gratz. Remember the three little words she always wants to hear. You're right dear. :D

Seems like you've had a lot of experiences with that already :lol:

Oh yeah. 30 years of experience.

Do failed marriages count as experience..? Asking for a friend... :lol:
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#1103 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 5, 2020 2:56 am

WolfAddict wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Dalvin wrote:
Seems like you've had a lot of experiences with that already :lol:

Oh yeah. 30 years of experience.

Depends on how you define a failed marriage. My first one lasted 25 years and 3 children and 3 grandchildren. My second is about 5 years in and still going strong.
WolfAddict
Rookie

Post#1104 » by WolfAddict » Mon Jun 8, 2020 11:24 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Oh yeah. 30 years of experience.

Depends on how you define a failed marriage. My first one lasted 25 years and 3 children and 3 grandchildren. My second is about 5 years in and still going strong.

4 months...? The second has been 4 years so getting better at it :)
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1105 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:56 pm

WolfAddict wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:Do failed marriages count as experience..? Asking for a friend... :lol:

Good for you. Just remember to keep saying those three magical words she wants to hear. :D
WolfAddict
Rookie

Post#1106 » by WolfAddict » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:40 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Depends on how you define a failed marriage. My first one lasted 25 years and 3 children and 3 grandchildren. My second is about 5 years in and still going strong.

Good for you. Just remember to keep saying those three magical words she wants to hear. :D

I have pizza?
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#1107 » by karch34 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:46 pm

WolfAddict wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:4 months...? The second has been 4 years so getting better at it :)

I have pizza?

It's [your friend name's] fault.
WolfAddict
Rookie

Post#1108 » by WolfAddict » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:48 pm

karch34 wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Good for you. Just remember to keep saying those three magical words she wants to hear. :D

I have pizza?

It's [your friend name's] fault.

"You're always right" is probably a good one too lol
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1109 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:33 pm

WolfAddict wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:4 months...? The second has been 4 years so getting better at it :)

I have pizza?

It's your funeral. :lol:
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#1110 » by LamarMatic7 » Sat Dec 3, 2022 6:09 pm

I imagine this could be a convenient place for me to drop by a link to footage of The Mark Madsen Game. Not sure whether it has been available all that much on the Internet.

given how loyal this board is, I do also wonder - did anyone from here, perhaps, see the game at the arena?

Read on Twitter
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,421

Post#1111 » by TimberKat » Sat Dec 3, 2022 8:33 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:I imagine this could be a convenient place for me to drop by a link to footage of The Mark Madsen Game. Not sure whether it has been available all that much on the Internet.

given how loyal this board is, I do also wonder - did anyone from here, perhaps, see the game at the arena?

All that fiasco for the right to draft Corey Brewer instead of Joakim Noah? That is so Khan.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#1112 » by LamarMatic7 » Sun Dec 4, 2022 9:26 pm

TimberKat wrote:
LamarMatic7 wrote:I imagine this could be a convenient place for me to drop by a link to footage of The Mark Madsen Game. Not sure whether it has been available all that much on the Internet.

All that fiasco for the right to draft Corey Brewer instead of Joakim Noah? That is so Khan.

Even better. All that fiasco for the right of having Brandon Roy, only to trade him for Randy Foye.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#1113 » by TimberKat » Mon Dec 5, 2022 2:45 am

LamarMatic7 wrote:
TimberKat wrote:

Even better. All that fiasco for the right of having Brandon Roy, only to trade him for Randy Foye.

In that case, Khan did eventually get it right, he signed Roy to retire as a Timberwolves :D . It's too bad for Roy, he could had been a HOFer.

Foye essentially turned into Johnny Flynn, drafted just ahead of Stephen Curry, so Khan.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#1114 » by TimberKat » Fri Dec 9, 2022 1:31 am

I am putting together the NBA all headcase (may not be in a bad way) team. To be on it, the player must be talented enough that teams would tolerate their antics and played at all-star level at one time. So here is my take:

NBA Now: Towns, Draymond Green, Simmons, Kyrie, DLo
All-time: DeMarcus Cousins, Rasheed Wallace, Dennis Rodman, Gilbert Arenas, Stephon Marbury

I am not sure what this means about living in Minnesota or the Twolves organization. I wish we had drafted Cousins instead of Wesley Johnson :-)
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#1115 » by shangrila » Fri Dec 9, 2022 3:51 am

If Towns qualifies then Doncic needs to be on the team. For as bad as KAT is at whining Luka is on a whole other level
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,416

Post#1116 » by shrink » Fri Dec 9, 2022 5:06 am

TimberKat wrote:I am putting together the NBA all headcase (may not be in a bad way) team. To be on it, the player must be talented enough that teams would tolerate their antics and played at all-star level at one time. So here is my take:

All-time: DeMarcus Cousins, Rasheed Wallace, Dennis Rodman, Gilbert Arenas, Stephon Marbury

I am not sure what this means about living in Minnesota or the Twolves organization. I wish we had drafted Cousins instead of Wesley Johnson :-)

Westbrook >> DLo
Embiid and Jokic can be big crybabies like Towns. They just get ref protection more.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#1117 » by TimberKat » Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:09 am

shrink wrote:
TimberKat wrote:I am putting together the NBA all headcase (may not be in a bad way) team. To be on it, the player must be talented enough that teams would tolerate their antics and played at all-star level at one time. So here is my take:

Westbrook >> DLo
Embiid and Jokic can be big crybabies like Towns. They just get ref protection more.

Good points. I was debating between Westbrook and Green. Picked Green because while Westbrook’s playing style is terrible as the guy who gave triple double a bad name, I don’t know if he’s the one who cause the disruption with the Lakers. Where Green cause Durant to leave and DLo forgot to enter the game. Same goes for Embiid, Jokic, and Doncic, while they are all annoying to general NBA fans, I don’t think they had cost their team games yet. Anyway, happy to go with:

NBA Now: Towns, Simmons, Westbrook, Kyrie, DLo

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves