**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread**

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

yawner
Sophomore
And1: 39

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1761 » by yawner » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:42 pm

Hi! Long time no see.

What do you guys think about Towns´defense? Should the Wolves stop trying to make him play center? Is there any way Towns can be a positive or at least a neutral defensive player? Should he play PF instead? Is he quick enough to defend in the perimeter?

As of today, this is what worries me most regarding the Timberwolves.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1762 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:42 am

He's worked on something new each summer and we've seen him roll it out successfully during the following season. Maybe this time it will be defense?
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,139

Post#1763 » by winforlose » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:46 am

Most guys get 5 months of offseason, (May, June, July August, September.) This year they get April, October, November, and part of December. If ever a player was gonna get time to work on their game, it is Covid 2020.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,573

Post#1764 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:19 am

winforlose wrote:Most guys get 5 months of offseason, (May, June, July August, September.) This year they get April, October, November, and part of December. If ever a player was gonna get time to work on their game, it is Covid 2020.

Yeah, that plus the grieving he's done, I'll give him a pass if he didn't take time to work on something to add to his game. These are human beings, after all.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
yawner
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#1765 » by yawner » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Jedzz wrote:He's worked on something new each summer and we've seen him roll it out successfully during the following season. Maybe this time it will be defense?

I hope so. But the problem has not only been his lack of performance in the paint. His behaviour towards the referees and his lack of leaderhip has been even more worrysome and it had a big influence in his defensive game. His transition defense was horrible. Hope he matures and realise that to get referees´respect as a superstar, he first needs to prove the Timberwolves can win games.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,573

Post#1766 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:25 am

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,009

Post#1767 » by TheProdigy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:59 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere and I missed it...

Read on Twitter

Hopefully this isn't true after we traded for DLo. We have him locked up for awhile but it could cause problems in the locker room if our best player doesn't even want to be here.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1768 » by Jedzz » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:33 am

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:Most guys get 5 months of offseason, (May, June, July August, September.) This year they get April, October, November, and part of December. If ever a player was gonna get time to work on their game, it is Covid 2020.

Yeah, that plus the grieving he's done, I'll give him a pass if he didn't take time to work on something to add to his game. These are human beings, after all.

No they aren't. We sitting here talking about a guy making 32MM annually with 158 guaranteed on top of what he's already earned. The guy takes a dump and my annual income probably just went down his drain from yesterdays dinner he had flown in from Switzerland. It's inhuman man. Excuse me if I regularly expect these guys to find joy in becoming their best as soon as they can.

Losing his Mother is devastating though. I get it.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#1769 » by Nick K » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:20 am

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:

No they aren't. We sitting here talking about a guy making 32MM annually with 158 guaranteed on top of what he's already earned. The guy takes a dump and my annual income probably just went down his drain from yesterdays dinner he had flown in from Switzerland. It's inhuman man. Excuse me if I regularly expect these guys to find joy in becoming their best as soon as they can.

Losing his Mother is devastating though. I get it.

I get it too but what else could it be if true?

This rumor just doesn't make sense.

The thing that bothers me is that Doogie is really well connected. Otherwise I wouldn't give it a second thought.

I'm surprised more people haven't commented yet. Maybe this needs it's own thread.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#1770 » by jscott » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:20 am

Doogie has had plenty of misses in his past. This 3rd/4th hand information is pretty far removed to be too concrete.

Also, he has like 4 years left on his deal. He will be in MN for at least two more seasons I'd imagine and that is enough time to change someone's mind by demonstrating the culture change through improved moves/picks.

Not saying that this can't be accurate, but there are certainly paths to changing his mind (if it is true.)
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#1771 » by IceManBK1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:19 am

I love KAT..i know he's not leaving but just for fun these trades are pretty good lol https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2020/09/26/minnesota-timberwolves-3-potential-karl-anthony-towns-trades/2/
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,167

Post#1772 » by Neeva » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:28 am

Kat is worth more than Beal and that knicks package is garbage.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#1773 » by TheDominator273 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:38 am

Doogie may be well connected to the organization but his info didn't come from the Wolves organization, it was hearsay from an agent who represents a player who is supposedly close with KAT who told the agent the info. There's plenty of separation between the actual source and Doogie that could cause a number of things to have gotten lost in translation or fudged for one parties benefit.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#1774 » by theGreatRC » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:44 am

The thing with "Knowing a guy who knows a guy" is you can never confirm it because "the source wants to stay anonymous"..

It's a clickbait story from a reporter that hasn't broken anything Wolves related we didn't know beforehand from a different source.

That's the social media world, folks. Clickbait titles is all they need for the ad space that pays the website they work for.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,294

Post#1775 » by younggunsmn » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:24 am

TheProdigy wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere and I missed it...

Read on Twitter

Hopefully this isn't true after we traded for DLo. We have him locked up for awhile but it could cause problems in the locker room if our best player doesn't even want to be here.

Read on Twitter

Wild speculation:
The agent was Bill Duffy, who has lots of MN ties and history with the club having represented KG among others.
Some of Duffy's clients:
https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/Bill-Duffy/16
DeAndre Ayton (teammates w/ booker)
Zach Lavine
Omari Spellman
Jared Vanderbilt

Also, Leon Rose, who now runs the Knicks, used to be Devin Booker's agent at CAA.
Booker, KAT, and DLo are all at CAA.
JagBoto
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#1776 » by JagBoto » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:36 am

IceManBK1 wrote:I love KAT..i know he's not leaving but just for fun these trades are pretty good lol https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2020/09/26/minnesota-timberwolves-3-potential-karl-anthony-towns-trades/2/

You know it is a fake writer, if he have trade rumor of NYK after Thibs hire of MITCHELL ROBINSON for KAT :lol:
:naaa: or :crazy:
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#1777 » by minimus » Tue Nov 3, 2020 10:22 am

Did not know about that decision...
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#1778 » by KGdaBom » Tue Nov 3, 2020 10:48 am

minimus wrote:

Did not know about that decision...

Thanks for sharing.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#1779 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Dec 4, 2020 10:52 pm

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#1780 » by KGdaBom » Sat Dec 5, 2020 1:06 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

WOW. I didn't know it went that far. All the money in the world and nothing he can do.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves