Post#1341 » by K4P » Sat Dec 8, 2018 4:06 am

Still the best player to come out of the last 4 drafts

we should all be thankful we didn't get Jahlil
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,708

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1342 » by minimus » Sat Dec 8, 2018 5:32 am

At least one thing is clear now: KAT is C and not PF as many thought. This opens many doors for us in a future and present.
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#1343 » by K4P » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:52 am

Karl HAS to learn how to draw fouls, it's such a valuable skill for post players. I suggest he studies Embiid's style of flopping, it could work for him too.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1344 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:47 am

He should average 25 shots a game

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#1345 » by Klomp » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:57 am

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#1346 » by life_saver » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:32 pm

Totally disappointing performance from KAT against Embiid yet again. He gets better off Draymond usually, recently has also played well against AD but he just looks shellshocked while playing against Embiid. Feel like KAT's biggest problem is playing against Centers who are bigger in size than him and also play extremely physical. He always seem to struggle against Marc Gasol, Embiid. He just can't bully Gasol, Embiid in post like how he does against most of the players. He needs to find a way to play against them if he wants to reach the superstar level.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,232

Post#1347 » by Calinks » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:53 pm

My brother is convinced the wolves need a big physical center and KAT is a PF. I don't know wboutthat but he does seem to get greatly bothered by physical centers.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1348 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Calinks wrote:My brother is convinced the wolves need a big physical center and KAT is a PF. I don't know wboutthat but he does seem to get greatly bothered by physical centers.

This is exactly why those arguments exist.

I saw a really good comparison somewhere that Towns is the modern version of Ewing. The person used it to say he's underappreciated, but I think it could also be said that while he's ONE OF the best, he may never be THE best.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Nic88
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#1349 » by Nic88 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:My brother is convinced the wolves need a big physical center and KAT is a PF. I don't know wboutthat but he does seem to get greatly bothered by physical centers.

I saw a really good comparison somewhere that Towns is the modern version of Ewing. The person used it to say he's underappreciated, but I think it could also be said that while he's ONE OF the best, he may never be THE best.

Patrick Ewing was an exceptional defensive player that's a bad comparison. if Patrick Ewing was 22 and Karl Anthony towns was 22 every GM would take Patrick Ewing. Patrick Ewing was a junkyard dog Karl Anthony towns back down last night to Joel embiid like a kid getting his lunch money stolen in elementary school.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1350 » by Jedzz » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:35 am

Klomp wrote:

"Now he's just old."

"360 Dunks and Bulllying people, OMG"

Wiggs had handles in highschool, wut happened?"

Kat said these things. I didn't. But I'll agree, he plays like his 33 now.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#1351 » by Neeva » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:55 am

So are you just going to ignor the last dozen of so games where he was dominant and even outplaying Davis!!, every player has a bad game from time to time. Apparently only davis is allowed a 6 point under ten rebound game without being labeled a pussy!

Nic88 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Patrick Ewing was an exceptional defensive player that's a bad comparison. if Patrick Ewing was 22 and Karl Anthony towns was 22 every GM would take Patrick Ewing. Patrick Ewing was a junkyard dog Karl Anthony towns back down last night to Joel embiid like a kid getting his lunch money stolen in elementary school.
life_saver
General Manager

Post#1352 » by life_saver » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:07 am

hmm...I don't think so...I feel like he has shown this season that he can play decent defense as a C (except against Embiid where he totally plays terrible almost every matchup). I am more worried about his offense whenever he plays against Embiid, Marc Gasol(basically Centers bigger than him & also can play extremely physical)...he doesn't go at them when he plays against them, rather spends more time on perimeter.
life_saver
General Manager

Post#1353 » by life_saver » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:12 am

Neeva wrote:So are you just going to ignor the last dozen of so games where he was dominant and even outplaying Davis!!, every player has a bad game from time to time. Apparently only davis is allowed a 6 point under ten rebound game without being labeled a pussy!

Nic88 wrote:
Klomp wrote:This is exactly why those arguments exist.

that's a troll account...ignore. Even AD had a terrible game against Embiid earlier this season when Pels played Sixers. Embiid totally dominated AD defensively...AD was something like 4/15 from field & just couldn't do much on offense against Embiid. Embiid is just extremely dominant on defense when he is locked in. And he takes matchups like these (against KAT, AD etc) pretty personally & seriously, puts in maximum effort in these matches when compared to other matches. He knows importance of these matchups. I hope KAT gets his **** back in next match(which I expect to)...after watching Wolves-Sixers games in last 2 seasons, I kinda came to terms & just accept that Embiid is a terrible matchup for him. Embiid can kinda dominate any big man in the league when he is locked in. He is that special defensively. Good thing that he isn't in West
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#1354 » by Folklore » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:31 am

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:

"Now he's just old."

"360 Dunks and Bulllying people, OMG"

Wiggs had handles in highschool, wut happened?"

Kat said these things. I didn't. But I'll agree, he plays like his 33 now.

I've always said that KAT had the personality that rubs people the wrong way.I doubt that he had many friends in school that could stand being around him for too long.There was no need to bring up the missed dunks that caused Wiggins to never enter a dunk contest again. And yeah I'm in the KAT is a PF camp. if possible we should try and get DJ for cheap once the Mavs let him walk.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#1355 » by Killboard » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Folklore wrote:I've always said that KAT had the personality that rubs people the wrong way.I doubt that he had many friends in school that could stand being around him for too long.There was no need to bring up the missed dunks that caused Wiggins to never enter a dunk contest again. And yeah I'm in the KAT is a PF camp. if possible we should try and get DJ for cheap once the Mavs let him walk.

Another excuse for Wiggins lack of desire: Its KAT fault for rub him the wrong way and "bring up the missed dunks that caused Wiggins to never enter a dunk contest again". It's getting old.

And DJ for cheap? Sure. Send Teague, Tolliver, Rose or Taj in some combination, since they doesnt fit long term and DJ most likely is a bust if Carslile doesnt want him around less than 1 and 1/2 after picking him.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1356 » by King Malta » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:36 pm

Clearly a bit of banter between teammates, stop over-analysing things.
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#1357 » by K4P » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:19 am

Deandre Jordan has been really bad this year too

not sure he's the answer
Nic88
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#1358 » by Nic88 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:49 am

Kat is soft
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#1359 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:13 am

Towns should do a reaction video of himself against the 6ers

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1360 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:34 pm

SB: What does Karl Anthony-Towns have to do to lead this team to the playoffs now that Jimmy Butler is gone?

GARNETT: Consistency. Consistency makes us better or less than the ones who came before us.

I’ve told him to focus on hooping and playing versus chatting and talking. KAT likes to let you know a lot. He’s very confident. But man, continue to work. You never want to get in a position where you feel like you don’t have to work anymore. I’m always telling him to continue to work and be better.

Listen, they’re underachieving and they know that. They’re a better team than what their record shows, and they have to be more consistent at the end of the day.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/1/17/18184356/kevin-garnett-wnba-area-21-sue-bird-wolves-minnesota

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves