Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

lmaoooo tru
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1362 » by Calinks » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:42 pm

So today a great article has been passed around the internet. See no mention of it here so I will post it. It's by Jackie McMullen of ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25788854/john-calipari-says-derrick-rose-helped-karl-anthony-towns-move-jimmy-butler

"Derrick is the one who got Karl through that whole Butler mess," Calipari said.

Rose was who counseled Towns to block out the noise and silence his critics with results on the court. When Towns finished a game having taken just 10 shots, Rose saddled up to his locker and chastised him to increase his production.

"We need more from you," he told Towns bluntly.

Rose was pleasantly surprised to find Towns so responsive.

"He's so mindful of everything I've told him," Rose explains. "So many young guys are stubborn, hard-headed. They know everything. KAT's not like that. He listens."

Calipari's comments that he bullied Towns, Butler initially replied, "Whatever. That's OK." But, the more he thought about it, he decided it wasn't.

"I don't think bully is a good word," Butler told ESPN. "I tell it how it is. Whenever I was in college, I had [Marquette coach] Buzz Williams to tell me how it was. I didn't have a bunch of McDonald's All Americans like [Calipari] has. So, he can look at it a different way. "

Butler paused, perhaps to consider ending the conversation. But he couldn't -- and didn't.

"He can call me a bully, but when [Calipari] sees me, I'm gonna confront him about it," Butler continued. "If I'm a bully, I'm gonna bully him, too. I'll tell him how I feel, just like I'd tell anyone else.

"I don't care if he's some big head coach. I'm not bullying nobody. I'm just keeping it real. Some of these guys aren't used to it. When you have as much talent as [Karl] has had throughout his life, guys don't keep it real with him. I do."

There is a lot more, its a good read.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#1363 » by Folklore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:22 am

Killboard wrote:
Folklore wrote:I've always said that KAT had the personality that rubs people the wrong way.I doubt that he had many friends in school that could stand being around him for too long.There was no need to bring up the missed dunks that caused Wiggins to never enter a dunk contest again. And yeah I'm in the KAT is a PF camp. if possible we should try and get DJ for cheap once the Mavs let him walk.

Another excuse for Wiggins lack of desire: Its KAT fault for rub him the wrong way and "bring up the missed dunks that caused Wiggins to never enter a dunk contest again". It's getting old.

And DJ for cheap? Sure. Send Teague, Tolliver, Rose or Taj in some combination, since they doesnt fit long term and DJ most likely is a bust if Carslile doesnt want him around less than 1 and 1/2 after picking him.

What I said wasn't an excuse for Wiggins just pointing out Towns passive aggressive bs. DJ is not the answer but because they wont be resigning him maybe we could make a trade to see how well we do with a actual Center.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#1364 » by Folklore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:23 am

King Malta wrote:Clearly a bit of banter between teammates, stop over-analysing things.

I must have missed the part when Wiggins spoke
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1365 » by King Malta » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:54 am

Folklore wrote:
King Malta wrote:Clearly a bit of banter between teammates, stop over-analysing things.

I must have missed the part when Wiggins spoke

Yeah, just because Wiggins wasn't present it was clearly a personal attack that would've upset him rather than KAT having a little bit of fun with a friend who he knew would hear the comments. It also goes towards a total character evaluation of KAT that leads any person with half a brain to assume he was awful to be around in high school/college.

Makes sense to me.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,839

Post#1366 » by Domejandro » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:59 pm

Read on Twitter
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#1367 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:05 pm

With all of the AD tampering going on, how long before someone comes sniffing around KAT?

Will KAT want a trade before his contract is up? Can Ryan surround him with enough talent to make KAT want to stay?

The NBA is becoming a joke. Why not just have 12 teams and then you can see an all star game nightly.
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#1368 » by LibertyPrime » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:58 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
The NBA is becoming a joke. Why not just have 12 teams and then you can see an all star game nightly.

I feel like we took a step in this direction this season by becoming the Chicagopolis TimberBulls.

Other teams should follow our lead - e.g. Torontoit Pistors, the Los Oakland Lakewarriors, the New Miami Pelicans On Fire, etc.
"The last domino falls here!"
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#1369 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:15 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

I feel like we took a step in this direction this season by becoming the Chicagopolis TimberBulls.

Other teams should follow our lead - e.g. Torontoit Pistors, the Los Oakland Lakewarriors, the New Miami Pelicans On Fire, etc.

You might be on to something.
Just combine the two closest teams.

Bledsoe
Wiggins
Covington
Greek freak
Towns

Bench
Brogdon
Okogie/Donte
Middleton
Saric
Dieng

Play 21 games here, and 21 there.
Who's in?
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#1370 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:16 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

You might be on to something.
Just combine the two closest teams.

Bledsoe
Wiggins
Covington
Greek freak
Towns

Bench
Brogdon
Okogie/Donte
Middleton
Saric
Dieng

Play 21 games here, and 21 there.
Who's in?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#1371 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 1, 2019 12:09 am

Most importantly, Towns, the franchise player, appears joyful and hungry. At shoot-around, he bounded across the court to put his arm around Saunders and interrupt an interview. “Let’s talk about the high 51 screen that Derrick Rose set for Karl Towns in Phoenix,” Towns said, a wide smile across his face. “Tell the reporter all about that. That was a hell of a draw up.”

Saunders shifted nervously and laughed, then explained how he called for a pick and roll that inverted the traditional roles by deploying Rose, a point guard, as the screen-setter and empowering the 7-foot Towns as the freewheeling ballhandler. “Karl obviously loved that,” Saunders cracked.

Their partnership has coaxed greater scoring production from Towns, who is averaging 25 points and 12 rebounds while shooting 52 percent from the field since the coaching change. Coach and star player share knowing glances and nods across the locker room, but the boundary Saunders has sought is visible, too. When Towns got overly cute with a behind-the-back bounce pass that was knocked out of bounds during a recent win over the Lakers, Saunders screamed “KAT!” to get his attention and then motioned with both palms to tone it down. “There’s been a number of times in the past two weeks when I’ve had to yell,” Saunders said.

California-based NBA skills trainer Matt Mazarei, who oversaw Towns’s 2018 offseason workouts, drew a direct line between the 23-year-old center’s improved mood and Saunders’s arrival.

“Karl’s recent onslaught is coming from pure positivity,” Mazarei said. “His passion has always been there, but now it’s an aura. Ryan is hungry like his young team. During timeouts, dead balls and play calls [at the Lakers game], all eyes were on Coach Saunders when he drew on his whiteboard or orchestrated during live play. That’s pure respect and trust. It seems to me that his players don’t feel like they’re taking orders but instead are embracing their leader.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/27/meet-ryan-saunders-nbas-first-millennial-head-coach/?utm_term=.0242aa7aa772
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,839

Post#1372 » by Domejandro » Fri Feb 1, 2019 12:16 am

Read on Twitter

Towns is officially an All-Star
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1373 » by Calinks » Fri Feb 1, 2019 1:58 am

I seriously didn't think Towns would make it this this year but I guess the coaches and players thought otherwise.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#1374 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:00 am

Did the TNT guys say anything much about Towns making it? Based on last week's discussions, seems they wouldn't be happy about it.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1375 » by Calinks » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:44 am

Klomp wrote:Did the TNT guys say anything much about Towns making it? Based on last week's discussions, seems they wouldn't be happy about it.

They kind of just glanced over it. No big protest but Kenny said he would have taken Gobert or Mitchel because he thinks they are having better seasons than Towns.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#1376 » by theGreatRC » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:53 am

For all the embarrassment KAT got in the media from the Jimmy Butler situation, for him to still be the bright spot in this season, i'm super proud of the kid.

Also, here is his reaction to finding out he got the all-star nod:

Read on Twitter
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#1377 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:53 am

goberts debatable but he isnt the flash like kat is.

idk. mitchells good but he needs so many shots to get 20 pts.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#1378 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:59 am

Calinks wrote:
Klomp wrote:Did the TNT guys say anything much about Towns making it? Based on last week's discussions, seems they wouldn't be happy about it.

They kind of just glanced over it. No big protest but Kenny said he would have taken Gobert or Mitchel because he thinks they are having better seasons than Towns.

Kenny doesnt know what hes talking anyway. But yeah, surprised that he was voted as a reserve

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1379 » by Calinks » Fri Feb 1, 2019 3:12 am

theGreatRC wrote:For all the embarrassment KAT got in the media from the Jimmy Butler situation, for him to still be the bright spot in this season, i'm super proud of the kid.

Read on Twitter

Why were they at a theater?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#1380 » by theGreatRC » Fri Feb 1, 2019 3:27 am

Calinks wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:For all the embarrassment KAT got in the media from the Jimmy Butler situation, for him to still be the bright spot in this season, i'm super proud of the kid.

Read on Twitter

Why were they at a theater?

KAT took the team + the Minnesota Lynx to see the premier of "What Men Want", a movie that he was in.

Read on Twitter
Dysfunctional Wolves fan

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves