ImageImageImage

**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread**

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

User avatar
packforfreedom
Veteran
Posts: 2,903
And1: 3,260
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
 

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1681 » by packforfreedom » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:19 pm

It would be kind of weird if KAT returns just the next game after Teague got traded.
Black Lives Matter
Jedzz
General Manager
Posts: 8,309
And1: 1,750
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1682 » by Jedzz » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:04 pm

packforfreedom wrote:It would be kind of weird if KAT returns just the next game after Teague got traded.


That first few games Towns missed Teague went off offensively like someone just took his collar off.
mplsfonz23
Analyst
Posts: 3,609
And1: 1,194
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
   

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1684 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:38 pm

I went to the game Monday, (because I got free tickets really close to the court.) And Towns is NOT healthy. While at the game you can focus on whatever you want, and looking at KAT walk, to and from the bench, he seems to be grimacing a lot as if in pain. Another thing that I forgot was DUDE IS A F*CKING CRYBABY!!!!.
STFU and stop looking for calls! Even he had to realize the refs don't give a F, so shut up and ball.

I now know why I stopped going to games.....When you lose, it seem extra cold walking to your car. And I splurged and parked a half a block away.
Slim Tubby
Rookie
Posts: 1,216
And1: 623
Joined: Jun 03, 2017
         

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1685 » by Slim Tubby » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:48 pm

KAT almost never gets the benefit of the calls from the refs for whatever reason but he needs to STFU and get back on defense instead of whining even if it was a foul. He still has a lot of growing up tp do.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
flyindutchman
Ballboy
Posts: 17
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 28, 2017

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1686 » by flyindutchman » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Mattya wrote:
life_saver wrote:Opponents FG% when the player is defending from 6ft or less -
https://stats.nba.com/players/defense-dash-lt6/?sort=LT_06_PCT&dir=-1&CF=GP*GE*10:PLAYER_POSITION*E*C:PLAYER_NAME*E*&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals

KAT has shown significant improvement this season. Currently he is 5th best in the league. Opponents are shooting only 43% when KAT is defending them from 6ft or less.
These were the numbers in previous seasons -

15-16: 56%
16-17: 60%
17-18: 61%
18-19: 55% (this was around 50% when RoCo was fit....but it became worse as season went on with all injuries to Wolves)
19-20: 43% (5th best in the league)

For me, biggest change is that he is finally getting some weakside help defensively...something that never used to happen when the so called defensive guru Thibs was here. This is where RoCo I think has helped the team a lot. If not, previously under Thibs, KAT would be in lot of tough situations because he rarely used to get any weakside help defensively...it happened a lot in that Houston playoff series.


So he is pretty much shooting like Curry and defending the rim like Anthony Davis. So there is no player comparison for KAT.


If this were even close to being true, wouldn't you think the team would be a tad bit better? I hate these KAT top 5 talent comments. Look at the team, it's awful. We've seen great stat seasons in the past, rarely do we get a winner.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,843
And1: 3,831
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1687 » by Mattya » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:19 pm

flyindutchman wrote:
Mattya wrote:
life_saver wrote:Opponents FG% when the player is defending from 6ft or less -
https://stats.nba.com/players/defense-dash-lt6/?sort=LT_06_PCT&dir=-1&CF=GP*GE*10:PLAYER_POSITION*E*C:PLAYER_NAME*E*&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals

KAT has shown significant improvement this season. Currently he is 5th best in the league. Opponents are shooting only 43% when KAT is defending them from 6ft or less.
These were the numbers in previous seasons -

15-16: 56%
16-17: 60%
17-18: 61%
18-19: 55% (this was around 50% when RoCo was fit....but it became worse as season went on with all injuries to Wolves)
19-20: 43% (5th best in the league)

For me, biggest change is that he is finally getting some weakside help defensively...something that never used to happen when the so called defensive guru Thibs was here. This is where RoCo I think has helped the team a lot. If not, previously under Thibs, KAT would be in lot of tough situations because he rarely used to get any weakside help defensively...it happened a lot in that Houston playoff series.


So he is pretty much shooting like Curry and defending the rim like Anthony Davis. So there is no player comparison for KAT.


If this were even close to being true, wouldn't you think the team would be a tad bit better? I hate these KAT top 5 talent comments. Look at the team, it's awful. We've seen great stat seasons in the past, rarely do we get a winner.


Are you saying the statistics aren't true? Who is making them up?
flyindutchman
Ballboy
Posts: 17
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 28, 2017

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1688 » by flyindutchman » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Yup, I'm saying the stats are made up :crazy: No, the joint comparison is the laughable part.
User avatar
WolfAddict
Junior
Posts: 262
And1: 286
Joined: Sep 18, 2019
Location: Canberra, Australia
     

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1689 » by WolfAddict » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:16 am

We can't trade KAT... I literally just bought his jersey...

C'mon, priorities guys
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,843
And1: 3,831
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1690 » by Mattya » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:35 am

flyindutchman wrote:Yup, I'm saying the stats are made up :crazy: No, the joint comparison is the laughable part.


Imagine how nice it would be if people would skip this lazy trolling type posts and just expand on what they are trying to say. Either you are saying that KAT wasn't shooting like Curry or he wasn't defending the rim like AD. Both of those are backed up by statistics, so here we are again because you're so incredibly lazy that you can't just respond like a normal person.
MN7725
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,721
And1: 572
Joined: Jun 19, 2017

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1691 » by MN7725 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:43 am

Read on Twitter


Not sure how much missed games factored in, or just KAT's rep has fallen that far since the "#1 guy to build round" of a couple seasons ago
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,231
And1: 9,079
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1692 » by Calinks » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:04 am

I said it back then, since the Jimmy Butler stuff, KAT's reputation has suffered tremendously. Part of the reason why I think he came out fighting and acting so aggressive to start the season. He's got the stink on him and every bad thing reflects back on him. Add that with his emotional complaining on the court and he's dead in the water rep wise until his team does something.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Grubie024
Junior
Posts: 355
And1: 280
Joined: Mar 29, 2016
     

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1693 » by Grubie024 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:04 am

MN7725 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Not sure how much missed games factored in, or just KAT's rep has fallen that far since the "#1 guy to build round" of a couple seasons ago

Definitely a combo of the two. Which one is more significant... hard to say.
Maybe this isn’t apples to apples but if say Lebron missed the same number of games, I don’t see that being held against him whatsoever.
MN7725
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,721
And1: 572
Joined: Jun 19, 2017

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1694 » by MN7725 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:07 am

Calinks wrote:I said it back then, since the Jimmy Butler stuff, KAT's reputation has suffered tremendously. Part of the reason why I think he came out fighting and acting so aggressive to start the season. He's got the stink on him and every bad thing reflects back on him. Add that with his emotional complaining on the court and he's dead in the water rep wise until his team does something.


started after playoffs

he didn't get a single vote of the GM survey for the "build around" question after being #1 previous year, huge drop off

this was months before Butler stuff
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,231
And1: 9,079
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1695 » by Calinks » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:09 am

But he shouldn't be an all star anyway. He missed half the season and his team is in the gutter. This may be a reflection of that so not saying its all rep. He didn't earn it this season.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
_AIJ_
General Manager
Posts: 7,563
And1: 1,841
Joined: Oct 15, 2008
Location: 13 years...
     

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1696 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:05 pm

He now more annoying to watch. He looks slow on defense and he whines a lot. Not an allstar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TIMBERWOLVES FOR LIFE :cry:
flyindutchman
Ballboy
Posts: 17
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 28, 2017

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1697 » by flyindutchman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:30 pm

Mattya wrote:
flyindutchman wrote:Yup, I'm saying the stats are made up :crazy: No, the joint comparison is the laughable part.


Imagine how nice it would be if people would skip this lazy trolling type posts and just expand on what they are trying to say. Either you are saying that KAT wasn't shooting like Curry or he wasn't defending the rim like AD. Both of those are backed up by statistics, so here we are again because you're so incredibly lazy that you can't just respond like a normal person.


Yup, I'm the lazy one and not the person who saw stats over a short duration of one season and knee-jerk compared them to two of the top players in the league and said there's no comparison for KAT. Give me a freakin' break. This homer ass take is what ruins this board. Your logic is so damn flawed yet anyone who questions it is a troll. Yes, let's kick the level headed people out so you can continue to circle jerk on KAT.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,843
And1: 3,831
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1698 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:06 pm

flyindutchman wrote:
Mattya wrote:
flyindutchman wrote:Yup, I'm saying the stats are made up :crazy: No, the joint comparison is the laughable part.


Imagine how nice it would be if people would skip this lazy trolling type posts and just expand on what they are trying to say. Either you are saying that KAT wasn't shooting like Curry or he wasn't defending the rim like AD. Both of those are backed up by statistics, so here we are again because you're so incredibly lazy that you can't just respond like a normal person.


Yup, I'm the lazy one and not the person who saw stats over a short duration of one season and knee-jerk compared them to two of the top players in the league and said there's no comparison for KAT. Give me a freakin' break. This homer ass take is what ruins this board. Your logic is so damn flawed yet anyone who questions it is a troll. Yes, let's kick the level headed people out so you can continue to circle jerk on KAT.



Level headed :lol: ... did you look at the stats? Go back under your bridge you little wannabe youtube troll.

If I come back to a reply from you without seeing you addressing the statistics then I will take it that you are too dumb to find the stats or too embarrassed to confront that you are wrong about them.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,590
And1: 572
Joined: May 22, 2001

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1699 » by Dewey » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:22 pm

No trying to get in the middle, but just wanted to say, "I love that :crazy: emoji"
http://conormclaughlin.net/2019/02/nba-rim-protection-in-2018-2019/
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,843
And1: 3,831
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1700 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:25 pm

and I love that he thinks these stats were over the short term. Like you just proved how lazy you were because you still couldn't be bothered to look up the stats because KAT is still defending the rim at one of the top levels of all qualifying players.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves