Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1821 » by Calinks » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:30 am

Klomp wrote:With Towns: 2-1 record, 112.3 ppg allowed
Without Towns: 1-6 record, 121.6 ppg allowed

With Okogie all game, undefeated.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1822 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:32 am

Calinks wrote:
Klomp wrote:With Towns: 2-1 record, 112.3 ppg allowed
Without Towns: 1-6 record, 121.6 ppg allowed

With Okogie all game, undefeated.

Also undefeated when I've had a coors light during game. (one game)
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1823 » by Jedzz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Came across this today, or fed to my phone today by youtube. He was locked into this league early on.

Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#1824 » by Biff Cooper » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:38 pm

Do we have any info from the team on how KAT is doing with the Covid and when we will expect him back on the court?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1825 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Biff Cooper wrote:Do we have any info from the team on how KAT is doing with the Covid and when we will expect him back on the court?

Looks like the team is going to implode itself and start trading. Might never see him here again at this rate. Hopefully the covid isn't rough for him.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Post#1826 » by Klomp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:24 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Biff Cooper wrote:Do we have any info from the team on how KAT is doing with the Covid and when we will expect him back on the court?

Looks like the team is going to implode itself and start trading. Might never see him here again at this rate. Hopefully the covid isn't rough for him.

Source? Link? Or is this just more BS from you?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1827 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:30 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Source? Link? Or is this just more BS from you?

Can't a guy guess anymore? Nets looking for a vet Center for their run. Warriors looking to trade Wiseman and Wiggins and... , Teams now knowing they need a real big to compete in these playoffs.

Plenty of people here now suggesting it. Begging for Dlo to be moved, don't care about the repercussions of that. I asked directly and two said they don't care. One is a mod who usually has his head on straight. They don't care. Therefore, my guess is it really could happen. Surprises me. But afterall, most additions to this team, most moves, seem to be leaked here prior in nondescript posts bringing up what seems like a random name. Couple months later the guy is on the roster. So I'm just a guy with an ear to the wall seeing typical team friendly posters ditching care about the teams two highest paid players and one of them being a truly unique talent they've been building all around. (supposedly). Meanwhile both players are missing games this year and team starts season playing Culver/Edwards in ways that say they don't care about the season or Dlo or anything. GM comes out to say they knew this was another developing year anyway. Nobody seems to care about seasons anymore. Why should we care who the players are if season results don't matter. Roll in the replacements, who cares.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man

Post#1828 » by Biff Cooper » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:43 pm

He was diagnosed with covid 14 days ago. How is he doing, and when will we see him back on the court?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1829 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:50 pm

Biff Cooper wrote:He was diagnosed with covid 14 days ago. How is he doing, and when will we see him back on the court?

There hasn't been an update.

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Biff Cooper
Sixth Man

Post#1830 » by Biff Cooper » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:34 pm

Thanks Klomp
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1831 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:13 pm

Fans are starting to get Ewing-itis about Towns. He wasn't Shaq and he wasn't Hakeem and he wasn't.....you name it. What was he? The last true star player the Knicks had. Let's be careful not to run him out of town just yet....

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#1832 » by Calinks » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:18 pm

Knowing the wolves luck KAT will have super Covid-1019 and will be out for 14 months. One of the symptoms is it takes away jumpers. Just give us some light NBA Gods, please.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1833 » by Jedzz » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:13 pm

What really sucks is that for his first 3 seasons he never missed a game.
Then he missed 5 games in 4th year.
Then he missed 29 games last year.
Missed 14 of 18 already this year.

The team needs him back already. Not for 5 games or 10 games. They need him back for the season. He's only 25 and this is starting to feel like a 35 year old player's constant status of out. Between him and Dlo around age 25 to it now feeling like commonplace for them to be out/resting/ailing or whatevs, this is too much.

The guy went through a lot this past year and I'm sorry to say it but this team might need to get serious soon about adding another Center capable big. Preferably a monster throwback or something that won't conflict with Towns when he comes back.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#1834 » by _AIJ_ » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:01 am

Our medical staff sucks the last 2 years
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#1835 » by Dewey » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:18 am

Klomp wrote:
Biff Cooper wrote:He was diagnosed with covid 14 days ago. How is he doing, and when will we see him back on the court?

There hasn't been an update.

Read on Twitter

It’s obvious the team misses his presence, but I don’t think (like many) this absence is normal...
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#1836 » by m2002brian » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:52 am

Klomp wrote:Fans are starting to get Ewing-itis about Towns. He wasn't Shaq and he wasn't Hakeem and he wasn't.....you name it. What was he? The last true star player the Knicks had. Let's be careful not to run him out of town just yet....

A:
He wasn’t Shaq, he was “The Dream”, what was he?

A:
A guy who wasn’t ever a #1 option who couldn’t put his team over the top. But was treated like so by the team and the fan base.

Trade this dude before we can all see this to be the case. KAT is not worth the paychecks he receives.

For the record. I don’t hate KAT, but he is a huge asset to a team going nowhere. Secondly he has been coddled and enabled from ownership on down. This has lead to an environment where players are coddled and expectations are overlooked. For his own good, and for the good of this organization, it may be best to part ways. BUT, this only makes sense if the organization is willing to start enforcing accountability, otherwise it’s just rinse and repeat.
BLUEGREENRED
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,514

Post#1837 » by Worm Guts » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:56 am

Calinks wrote:Knowing the wolves luck KAT will have super Covid-1019 and will be out for 14 months. One of the symptoms is it takes away jumpers. Just give us some light NBA Gods, please.

He said he’s had 7 relatives that have died from covid, which probably means he is genetically more vulnerable to covid than the average person. Hopefully he is Ok.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1838 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:20 am

I'm not a fan of the silence on his status. Like another has asked, no notice on whether he's just distancing for his required time with no symptoms, or if he's laid up in a hospital bed and can't have visitors like happens to some. This covid thing is the worst, normal injuries and rest games were already getting out of hand across the league. His family having prior troubles makes this silence eery.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1839 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:02 pm

Jedzz wrote:I'm not a fan of the silence on his status. Like another has asked, no notice on whether he's just distancing for his required time with no symptoms, or if he's laid up in a hospital bed and can't have visitors like happens to some. This covid thing is the worst, normal injuries and rest games were already getting out of hand across the league. His family having prior troubles makes this silence eery.

Welcome to HIPAA

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#1840 » by Neeva » Mon Feb 1, 2021 8:14 am

Hope he is not a long hauler :(

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves