ImageImageImage

**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread**

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,285

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1941 » by winforlose » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:47 am

So KAT picked up what was either his 11th or 12th tech so far this season. My understanding is that 16 equals a suspension. Can KAT can go the next 24 games without picking up 4 or 5 techs?
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1942 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:52 am

KAT WON!!!! **** VEGAS
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,760

Post#1943 » by life_saver » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:06 am

I am glad KAT won the 3 point contest...I don't think decent amount of casuals knew how good of a shooter KAT is until today..I saw some people on twitter initially questioning why did they even invite KAT to 3 point shooting lol. Guess that's what happens when you play for a non-playoff Timberwolves team for most of your career.
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#1944 » by TheProdigy » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:07 am

Hopefully this gives KAT the confidence to start letting it rip. No offense to Ant or DLo, but it's crazy to me that KAT isn't leading this team in 3 point attempts.
life_saver
General Manager

Post#1945 » by life_saver » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:11 am

TheProdigy wrote:Hopefully this gives KAT the confidence to start letting it rip. No offense to Ant or DLo, but it's crazy to me that KAT isn't leading this team in 3 point attempts.

exactly..even more crazy when KAT himself passes up some open 3 pt looks for another player
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1946 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:36 am

For those who missed it, the all time record for the second round of the contest was 28. KAT scored 29!!!! He had the best 2nd round ever in the contest.
life_saver
General Manager

Post#1947 » by life_saver » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:58 am

winforlose wrote:For those who missed it, the all time record for the second round of the contest was 28. KAT scored 29!!!! He had the best 2nd round ever in the contest.

I thought he'd cross 30 after seeing the way he started. He missed the last 3 shots
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#1948 » by karch34 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:21 am

life_saver wrote:
winforlose wrote:For those who missed it, the all time record for the second round of the contest was 28. KAT scored 29!!!! He had the best 2nd round ever in the contest.

I thought he'd cross 30 after seeing the way he started. He missed the last 3 shots

Yeah. When he paused again on the money ball thought he was going to get 31.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1949 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:58 am

karch34 wrote:
life_saver wrote:

Yeah. When he paused again on the money ball thought he was going to get 31.

I will take 29. Between getting the win and setting the record KAT showed a lot of people that he is “THAT DAMN GOOD”
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,103

Post#1950 » by m2002brian » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:44 am

TheProdigy wrote:Hopefully this gives KAT the confidence to start letting it rip. No offense to Ant or DLo, but it's crazy to me that KAT isn't leading this team in 3 point attempts.

Part of his low iq.
He’s got all the talent, but he needs to give the mental side some priority.
BLUEGREENRED
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#1951 » by KGdaBom » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:12 am

m2002brian wrote:

Part of his low iq.

Leave it to you to twist KAT winning the 3 point contest into a negative. You maybe need to find a new team.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,221

Post#1952 » by Calinks » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:25 am

life_saver wrote:I am glad KAT won the 3 point contest...I don't think decent amount of casuals knew how good of a shooter KAT is until today..I saw some people on twitter initially questioning why did they even invite KAT to 3 point shooting lol. Guess that's what happens when you play for a non-playoff Timberwolves team for most of your career.

Yea a lot of people seemed very surprised that KAT could shoot that good, Timnbewolves definitely get zero exposure so it makes sense.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,103

Post#1953 » by m2002brian » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:34 am

KGdaBom wrote:
m2002brian wrote:

Part of his low iq.

Leave it to you to twist KAT winning the 3 point contest into a negative. You maybe need to find a new team.

I’m fairly sure I gave him props for winning. Check other threads.

But to slant it as negative that I would point to his metal acuity is off base.
Any successful organization identifies is weaknesses and work to be stronger in those areas.

This is the rather LARGE misunderstanding this board seems to have with my “value” of KAT.

I have no NONE problem with the man. But my issue is he seem to live off talent alone.
I only with the best for HIM and the WOLVES.

Telling me to get a new team because I refuse to live in mediocrity??? I only ask our team, our players to be both talented AND smart.
I want what’s best for the wolves none more none less. If that means tracking KAT for Ant helpers or telling KAT to get some smarts, it is what it is.

Being a homer and disregarding weakness doesn’t help.
BLUEGREENRED
Grubie024
Junior
And1: 411

Post#1954 » by Grubie024 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:19 pm

KAT has matured this season - I think it's attributed to more mental toughness, which I view as the missing piece for him and many stars around the league.
Hopefully this 3 pt contest trophy/experience will further elevate that toughness factor and unshakable confidence. I think that is invaluable when the stakes get higher and the going gets tougher in games.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,386

Post#1955 » by shrink » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:26 pm

I wish the new stories would have mentioned Towns won the All Star Game Skills Competition a few years back as well. I hope they mentioned that in the live broadcast.

I was pleased with his unnecessary plug of the Timberwolves, where he pointed out the last big man to win the three point contest ten years ago was Kevin Love .. also a Timberwolf, and he was happy to bring the trophy back to Minnesota! This guy is loyal in today’s NBA, when he has had every reason not to be, and doesn’t get enough credit for it.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1956 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:52 pm

shrink wrote:I wish the new stories would have mentioned Towns won the All Star Game Skills Competition a few years back as well. I hope they mentioned that in the live broadcast.

I was pleased with his unnecessary plug of the Timberwolves, where he pointed out the last big man to win the three point contest ten years ago was Kevin Love .. also a Timberwolf, and he was happy to bring the trophy back to Minnesota! This guy is loyal in today’s NBA, when he has had every reason not to be, and doesn’t get enough credit for it.

They have a press conference on YouTube where they mentioned it. They asked about the dunk contest and KAT said no in a rather emphatic fashion. He talked about how he has wanted to be in the 3 point shooting contest for years and the league kept saying no. Said he might defend the title otherwise he is retired from the individual competitions.

life_saver
General Manager

Post#1957 » by life_saver » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:06 pm

winforlose wrote:
shrink wrote:I wish the new stories would have mentioned Towns won the All Star Game Skills Competition a few years back as well. I hope they mentioned that in the live broadcast.

They have a press conference on YouTube where they mentioned it. They asked about the dunk contest and KAT said no in a rather emphatic fashion. He talked about how he has wanted to be in the 3 point shooting contest for years and the league kept saying no. Said he might defend the title otherwise he is retired from the individual competitions.

I hope he participates in 3 pt contest again...it has pretty much become the major event of the All Star Weekend and that's the only thing I look forward to among all the All Star weekend events
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#1958 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:11 am

Dirk (7'0") won it once, Peja (6'10") once are the two tallest winners I believe
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1959 » by winforlose » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:22 am

KAT is the first Center to ever win the skills challenge. Now with the 3 point contest as well I don’t if anyone will ever win both again. Much less on the first and only attempts.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#1960 » by KGdaBom » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:56 pm

Quiet all star game for KAT.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves