ImageImageImage

Power forward next to KAT

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Re: Power forward next to KAT 

Post#81 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Apr 8, 2016 6:58 pm

guest81 wrote:I'm going to let you guys in on a spoiler. Sometime during the long offseason where news is slow and fans are clamoring for anything, a report will come out saying how good KG feels and how he's ready to go for next year. Then the PR train will keep rolling on until fans are excited about having KG start again. Which will get fans thinking we just need a guy to play on back to backs, and the 2nd and 3rd quarters where KG doesn't play. Then KG will get injured a month into the season and be done and the Wolves will probably end up rolling out Dieng as PF, and leave a bench short on bigs for another season

So spot on, and so true to the country club fashion.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,568

Post#82 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:01 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:I can't wait for the Wolves to trot out corpse of Garnett as our starter next season until he breaks his hip.

Really? You think they wouldn't start Gorgui over KG?
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#83 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:04 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:I can't wait for the Wolves to trot out corpse of Garnett as our starter next season until he breaks his hip.

it's like you haven't followed your local team and don't know who Taylor is.

Kevin Garnett is expected to continue his playing career next season with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

"You'd have to ask him, but from everything he's told me, he wants to be (back)," said owner Glen Taylor.

Garnett signed a two-year, $16.5 million deal with the Wolves last offseason.

And it's like you don't know who KG is. The guy who never taken a pay cut.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,572

Post#84 » by guest81 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:05 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Garnett won't be the starting PF, and if he was, nobody would be excited about it.

A lot of people were saying that same thing last year

I don't care what people were saying last year. If the roster stays the same, Gorgui starts. If Gorgui's not starting, then we brought somebody else in. KG may be on the roster and play of few minutes, but he won't be the starter. That time has passed.

Wolves draft a forward. Narrative becomes he's KG's backup and KG will mentor him and take him under his wing to become to future starting power forward for the team. People will eat that up. No way if KG's on the roster that he doesn't start
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#85 » by guest81 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:06 pm

Worm Guts wrote:

Less then 0%. KG is not coming off the bench
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#86 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:08 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Garnett won't be the starting PF, and if he was, nobody would be excited about it.

A lot of people were saying that same thing last year

I don't care what people were saying last year. If the roster stays the same, Gorgui starts. If Gorgui's not starting, then we brought somebody else in. KG may be on the roster and play of few minutes, but he won't be the starter. That time has passed.

But that's logic. And logic doesn't apply to the worst run organization in the league.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#87 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:08 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

it's like you haven't followed your local team and don't know who Taylor is.

Kevin Garnett is expected to continue his playing career next season with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

"You'd have to ask him, but from everything he's told me, he wants to be (back)," said owner Glen Taylor.

Garnett signed a two-year, $16.5 million deal with the Wolves last offseason.

And it's like you don't know who KG is. The guy who never taken a pay cut.

I've been watching this team from the beginning so you should believe me when I say KG won't start.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#88 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:09 pm

guest81 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Wanna bet?
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#89 » by guest81 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:13 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Wanna bet?

That KG will never come off the bench? I would bet all the money in scrooge Mcducks vault
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,215

Post#90 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:16 pm

Whether or not KG starts or comes off the bench, he won't play more than 15-20 minutes a night, so it's pointless to worry about him when constructing the roster.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,215

Post#91 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:20 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:And it's like you don't know who KG is. The guy who never taken a pay cut.

That is flat-out false. Either that, or you just don't know simple math.

Going from 12 to 8.5 is a pay cut. Just like going from 21 to 12 on the previous contract. It may not be as big of a pay cut as you wanted him to take, but that doesn't make it not a pay cut.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#92 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:20 pm

guest81 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
guest81 wrote:

Wanna bet?

That KG will never come off the bench? I would bet all the money in scrooge Mcducks vault

He doesn't make the decision, and there's no doubt that there are more important concerns than KG desire to start at this point. Even KG knows that and I don't think KG will even push to start.
If Flip was around, I'd be more inclined to think it could happen but no other coach will, not even Sam Mitchell.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#93 » by guest81 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:23 pm

Klomp wrote:Whether or not KG starts or comes off the bench, he won't play more than 15-20 minutes a night, so it's pointless to worry about him when constructing the roster.

except that they did last year. What if they just made Dieng that starting PF from opening day (and Lavine as the starting SG) and used KG's 9 million to boost the bench? They might of been better. Although they would of lost the mentoring I guess
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,475

Post#94 » by Foye » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:27 pm

I'd love to somehow add Marquese Chriss or Skal Labissiere with a mid 1st rounder. No idea how we can add one, though.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by guest81 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:27 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Wanna bet?

He doesn't make the decision, and there's no doubt that there are more important concerns than KG desire to start at this point. Even KG knows that and I don't think KG will even push to start.
If Flip was around, I'd be more inclined to think it could happen but no other coach will, not even Sam Mitchell.

Sam Mitchell? You mean one of KG's best friends? You mean the guy who gets annoyed on how young guys don't know how to play the game anymore? That he wouldn't let KG start? Come on
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#96 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:28 pm

Klomp wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:And it's like you don't know who KG is. The guy who never taken a pay cut.

That is flat-out false. Either that, or you just don't know simple math.

Going from 12 to 8.5 is a pay cut. Just like going from 21 to 12 on the previous contract. It may not be as big of a pay cut as you wanted him to take, but that doesn't make it not a pay cut.

He never took a pay cut relative to the nosedive in his playing abilities. KG was never going to leave spare money in rich white man owner. That's not who he is. He milks every dollar he can take. Guys like Dirk and Tim that's who took pay cut and they are miles better players than KG right now. KG is more like Kobe when it come to money. Even his buds PP and Ray took small deals and bench roles. KG is not going to do that. I believe I even read something along those lines from the horse's mouth somewhere.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#97 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:29 pm

guest81 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
guest81 wrote:

Sam Mitchell? You mean one of KG's best friends? You mean the guy who gets annoyed on how young guys don't know how to play the game anymore? That he wouldn't let KG start? Come on

If Smitch is the coach you can take it to the bank KG starts.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by guest81 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:35 pm

NewWolvesOrder wrote:
guest81 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Glen Talyor has run his franchise on networking and who he knows. The franchise isn't run by what's best for the franchise, because Glen doesn't really know what's best. He just goes with what's comfortable. Sam also has that mentality
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#99 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:36 pm

guest81 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
guest81 wrote:

Sam Mitchell is a lot of things but he's not a pushover.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#100 » by NewWolvesOrder » Fri Apr 8, 2016 7:42 pm

guest81 wrote:
NewWolvesOrder wrote:
guest81 wrote:

Glen Taylor has run his franchise on networking and who he knows. The franchise isn't run by what's best for the franchise, because Glen doesn't really know what's best. He just goes with what's comfortable. Sam also has that mentality

12 years with no playoffs in a row, and 1 time out of the first round in 3 decades is the best evidence one can get. I can't believe there are fans who still try to sugarcoat it. Taylor is absolutely the worst owner in the league.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves